Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigeria On U.s. Tv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria On U.s. Tv (1096 Views)

See How Popular US TV Series "Family Guy" Depicted Nigeria On Their Show (photo) / NTA News and Radio Nigeria On Your Desktop / NTA News and Radio Nigeria on Your Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria On U.s. Tv by spikyn: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2009
Once started a thread on Nigeria being portrayed in US movies and on TV, this is like in that vein.

I just recently watched Castle (a pretty potential-laden new TV show that you should at least check out), and the episode was about Nigerians, juju (called voodoo in the episode) and immigration issues.\

Aldis Hodge (recently of Leverage - another fine show) did the most ridiculous Nigerian accent I have ever heard. Anyway it had Nigerians in focus and had several 'Nigerian' characters including a 'killer' who kills people with and for 'jazz'. Add that the 'Wolverine Origins' mission to Naija, I think I've seen enough Naija portrayals to last me the rest of this year,
Re: Nigeria On U.s. Tv by janedoe(f): 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ Topic- yeah I saw an episode of Leverage that had 'Nigerians' though in the episode I saw they were used to nail one of their targets when he accidentally offered them a 'bribe' at least it potrayed us in a positive light.
- An early episode of monk had a nigerian runner that Mr.Monk was a fan of; loved it,potrayed us in a positive light.
-Burn notice- First episode was supposedly in Nigeria;did not really potray Nigeria in a positive light(alot of talk about corruption and smelly fish.
-Law and order SVU- Had an episode about child trafficking.
Re: Nigeria On U.s. Tv by janedoe(f): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2009
They had a Nigerian on Mr Monk and the Foreing man yesterday and they did a pretty good job.

(1) (Reply)

Which Television Station In Nigeria Has More Foreign Programmes / Ign :: Top 25 Horror Movies Of All-time / Yoruba Movie, Aramotu Won Best Nigerianmovie At Amaa+ Interesting Story Line: Wat Do U Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.