Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532270 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by elenengine(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2017
Good day house, please i need your general enlightenment on my visa issues, i applied for general visiting 2014, that was my first visa application, it was a family friends that send me an invitation, he sends all his backing document including his passport page,statement of account, solicitor document and so, unfortunately i was refused, then my monthly allowance was 153,000, the reasons for my denier was, too much of credited figures on my account apart of my monthly allowance, secondly they said my inviting and I doesn't have any previous communication, such phone calls history or pictures we took together. so i took that as a first experience,
NOW, i have my brothers daughter in UK schooling she should be 19-20 in age now, she is been there almost two years now, am planning to visit her UK now and i want to use her school document to support mine, again my present salary now is 173,000, please what are the chances and more things i need to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demiiii(f): 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

Kindly assist with the filling of the UK online form. Please assist with the process.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kazumu: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
Register on paga portal at www.mypaga.com then send mail to paga customer service to upgrade your account from kyc 1 to kyc3..

You can make payment above N100,000 with Kyc3.

You will equally need to fund your paga account number either by bank deposit or transfer.

Regards

tunexman:
Please,how do you guys pay for your visa fee have been on it for more than 3wks i could not make the payment due to card restriction and i don't have a dom account and i did not have anyone around with dom account.I was even waiting for someone who make mention of paga here to put me through the process.Thanks.Its very urgent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
dasparrow:

Will do. Thank you. However, is it wise to purchase my flight ticket when I am not sure of what the outcome of the transit visa application is going to be? Don't want to loose money.

Ethiopian Airline will take you Mexico from Lagos via Addis. You do not need transit through the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
Kazumu:

Register on paga portal at www.mypaga.com then send mail to paga customer service to upgrade your account from kyc 1 to kyc3..

You can make payment above N100,000 with Kyc3.

You will equally need to fund your paga account number either by bank deposit or transfer.

Regards

Thanks.is personal account ok or i register with business account on paga.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kazumu: 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
Personal is OK.

tunexman:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
please house how much is 6months visa fee now? and 2years visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
please house can a guy of 30 still in school apply for family visit visa with school documents and sister in uk as sponsor?
will he need his bank statement or it wont apply to him since he is applying as a student?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by camnewton: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
sandraa:
please house can a guy of 30 still in school apply for family visit visa with school documents and sister in uk as sponsor?
will he need his bank statement or it wont apply to him since he is applying as a student?

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mface22: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
Justwise,

I am new on nairaland website some times i do not know when someone write me back, am traveling back to UK in a couple of weeks am scared don't know if i will be sent back due to my overstay spending 6 month 9 days while i was still having more than a year valid visa on my passport and am thinking of flying back to use my rest valid visa i don't know what will happen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
tunexman:
.Pls,how do i fund the paga acct? and what is the rate in naira?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
mface22:
Justwise,

I am new on nairaland website some times i do not know when someone write me back, am traveling back to UK in a couple of weeks am scared don't know if i will be sent back due to my overstay spending 6 month 9 days while i was still having more than a year valid visa on my passport and am thinking of flying back to use my rest valid visa i don't know what will happen

I answered this question to the best of my knowledge the first time you posted it here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kazumu: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
Either via Atm transfer with a maximum limit of N20,000 or use Internet banking/mobile banking app .

Click on paga from the lits of banks on your internet/mobile banking, then input your paga acount no which will bring out your name.

tunexman:
.Pls,how do i fund the paga acct? and what is the rate in naira?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 8:33am On Feb 15, 2017
Eastner:

Thank you so much for the response. I truly appreciate it. I do have evidence of the money sent to me and will add it all..If i have more questions concerning my application,i'll get back to you.

Hello Justwise, trust you are good...So,i just filled and paid for the visa application. Here's my question, there was no breakdown of cost of flight and living expenses on the form. Rather,it was,'how much money are you planning to spend on your visit?'.
So,i'll like to know if i still need to include the breakdown (cost of Flight for son & I, Cost of Living Expenses for Son & I) in my covering letter or leave it as it is.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2017
Pls house what should someone put in the column spouse passport document number if the person did not have a passport?which mean he/she is not travelling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
@ Justwise and other gurus,may GOD continue to bless because your commitment to this thread has been unequivocally great.

PLEASE BAIL ME OUT,AND DONT MIND MY LONG STORY.I NEED UR EXPERIENCED GUIDANCE.

I intend to apply for standard visitor visa (tourist intent) by may 2017 even though my TRUE INTENTION is to sit a professional exam which will hold by june. I currently work in a federal government establishment with monthly salary of 250k. My other source of income is not registered(maize selling business).
I have two active bank accounts(salary and savings accounts).currently,i dont have money in the salary account but have 500k in the savings account and expecting about 600k frm my colleague @ work(debt payment+profit from our maize selling business).I beleive 1million naira will cover my expenses as am nt going to stay more than 5-7days.Invitation letter from a cousin already resolved.

Please i need guidance especially on the issue of bank statement beacuse once i transfer the money frm my savings account back to the salary account and recieve my outstanding debt payment,hope it wouldnt look like lodgement.i am confused.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demiiii(f): 3:49am On Feb 16, 2017
I have this same issue- its an online course and i wNt to travel with my fam even before the seminar came up. But i still intend to pick my husband as the sponsor whats your opinion.
BizErikah:

I am a student with the school but i study and work..
It's an online course.
Ok thanks
I get your point.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Feb 16, 2017
radwad:
@ Justwise and other gurus,may GOD continue to bless because your commitment to this thread has been unequivocally great.

PLEASE BAIL ME OUT,AND DONT MIND MY LONG STORY.I NEED UR EXPERIENCED GUIDANCE.

I intend to apply for standard visitor visa (tourist intent) by may 2017 even though my TRUE INTENTION is to sit a professional exam which will hold by june. I currently work in a federal government establishment with monthly salary of 250k. My other source of income is not registered(maize selling business).
I have two active bank accounts(salary and savings accounts).currently,i dont have money in the salary account but have 500k in the savings account and expecting about 600k frm my colleague @ work(debt payment+profit from our maize selling business).I beleive 1million naira will cover my expenses as am nt going to stay more than 5-7days.Invitation letter from a cousin already resolved.

Please i need guidance especially on the issue of bank statement beacuse once i transfer the money frm my savings account back to the salary account and recieve my outstanding debt payment,hope it wouldnt look like lodgement.i am confused.

Thanks

There is no need moving money around now since both accounts are yours and you have access to them.

Submit both accounts and explain the source of money on them. The record of transfer from salary account to savings will help you explain things
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2017
Eastner:

Hello Justwise, trust you are good...So,i just filled and paid for the visa application. Here's my question, there was no breakdown of cost of flight and living expenses on the form. Rather,it was,'how much money are you planning to spend on your visit?'.
So,i'll like to know if i still need to include the breakdown (cost of Flight for son & I, Cost of Living Expenses for Son & I) in my covering letter or leave it as it is.
Thank you.

Breaking down your cost of the trip helps a lot since you are not going to be there to explain things to the ECO.

Typical examples are the case of hotel and flight cost..if you just stated how much you budgeted for hotel or flight how will the ECO know whether that amount is for budget hotel or 5star hotel? Whether the flight is economy or first class?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2017
justwise:

Breaking down your cost of the trip helps a lot since you are not going to be there to explain things to the ECO.

Typical examples are the case of hotel and flight cost..if you just stated how much you budgeted for hotel or flight how will the ECO know whether that amount is for budget hotel or 5star hotel? Whether the flight is economy or first class?

Thanks a lot..Just to be clear. How do i then ensure the ECO knows if my flight is economy.Do i state it or write down just the amount?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2017
Eastner:

Thanks a lot..Just to be clear. How do i then ensure the ECO knows if my flight is economy.Do i state it or write down just the amount?

State the amount, date and the airline..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 11:46am On Feb 16, 2017
justwise:

There is no need moving money around now since both accounts are yours and you have access to them.

Submit both accounts and explain the source of money on them. The record of transfer from salary account to savings will help you explain things

Thanks alot.
1)How do i go about the 600k deposit i told you about?.should i still allow the deposit to bee done at once or instalmentally?.preferably to my salary or savings account?.
2)How do i explain the money is frm the proceeds of my unregistered business and not be denied of visa.
3) the #1million naira is what i intend to state as my cost of expenses viz-a-viz flight ticket and hotel booking and money to spend on other miscellaneous in d UK...so,how do u think i should do the breakdown for the question of "HOW MUCH DO U INTEND TO SPEND IN UK" that will my visa application sensible(need to remind u my salary is 250k/month).
4)Also dont forget that in my application,i intend to state that i want to spend 2weeks for the vacation as part of my annual leave.
***I wouldnt spend more than 2-3days after my exam***

@Justwise and other learned contributors please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by APFM(m): 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
@justwise.
How can i pay with my naira card cos my zenith mastercard is declining?

Any other way or must it be my dollar card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
justwise:

State the amount, date and the airline..

Thank you so much Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
APFM:
@justwise.

This issue was discussed in this page and 1-2 pages back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
APFM:
@justwise.

The easiest way is to use the dollar card,that was what i did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
radwad:

Thanks alot.
1)How do i go about the 600k deposit i told you about?.should i still allow the deposit to bee done at once or instalmentally?.preferably to my salary or savings account?.
2)How do i explain the money is frm the proceeds of my unregistered business and not be denied of visa.
3) the #1million naira is what i intend to state as my cost of expenses viz-a-viz flight ticket and hotel booking and money to spend on other miscellaneous in d UK...so,how do u think i should do the breakdown for the question of "HOW MUCH DO U INTEND TO SPEND IN UK" that will my visa application sensible(need to remind u my salary is 250k/month).
4)Also dont forget that in my application,i intend to state that i want to spend 2weeks for the vacation as part of my annual leave.
***I wouldnt spend more than 2-3days after my exam***

@Justwise and other learned contributors please.

1. Explain it on the form and show evidence of the business dealings..e.g receipts and contract papers

2. This is the same as number 1 question

3. Budget this trip within two months of your salaries(500K) to give yourself a better chance of getting a visa, focus on cost of flight, accommodation, transport within the UK and feeding. Shopping shouldn't be part of this.

Locate a hotel close to your exam centre to reduce cost of transport, look for budget hotels(travelodge, premier Inn, and many others) some go as low as £30-40 per night.

Get the actual cost of flight, hotel, transport cost within the city you will be staying to help you come up with an accurate budget. If you guessed these figures the ECO will know because its pretty easy to find out online.

This will help you answer question about how much the trip will cost you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dasparrow: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
ekpotek:

Ethiopian Airline will take you Mexico from Lagos via Addis. You do not need transit through the UK.

Ethiopian airlines fly to Sao Paulo Brazil and not to Mexico. See the link showing destinations they fly to here:
https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/AA/EN/book/destinations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dasparrow: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Justwise

I still don't know what is holiday booking. Also, I don't know if one is allowed to select an appointment date or the computer selects one for me. I don't want an appointment date too far away. Also must I purchase my flight ticket or will just an airline reservation be okay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sucre26: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello house. Please is it compulsory to change my maiden name to my husband's name before applying for a U.K. Visa? My brother in law is inviting me and I'll also be going with my daughter. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
sucre26:
Hello house. Please is it compulsory to change my maiden name to my husband's name before applying for a U.K. Visa? My brother in law is inviting me and I'll also be going with my daughter. Thanks

No you don't have to, your marriage certificate will support you on that

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.