Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Dangers Of Being A Geek...... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Dangers Of Being A Geek...... (435 Views)

As A Blogger/internet Geek Which Data Sub Do You Use. / A Computer Geek's Response To A Guy On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of Being A Geek...... by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Yes, yes, we know who we are and most of us, well, most of us wish we were something else - much like Nigerians eh First off, you ought to know that there are two categories of geeks
1) Those who despise their geekiness.

2) Those who do not care wha anyone says. Am proudly number 2. This list encompasses both types
On that note, I begin
1)The danger of being friend-zoned: 80 percent of guys who are in the friend zone are mainly geeks. It is a well known fact that Girls like confident guys and since most geeks are shy, we end up in the friend zone. It's a bloody pain. Some guys are so deep in the friend zone that even if, by some miracle, he gains some confidence to ask her out, he will not be shyed out. Don't believe me Watch the flash.
2) The danger of being regarded as "arrogant": Believe it or not, this is a very grave danger. After lecture, whenever there is a topic most of the class do not understand, the class looks up to you the same way Isrealites looked up to Moses in times past. However, like Moses, if you lose patience after explaining a topic FIVE times, you are regarded as arrogant!! Most of them will start muttering things like "what are you feeling like" and other ish like that. It's frigging annoying.
3)He never gets the girl: Yes, yes, we all watched american movies where the geeky guy got the girl but that's all they are- movies. These days, they don't even dare make the geeky guy the hero. He's usually the friend-zoned dude or the villain!! In Nigeria, the geeky guy can get girls to laugh- but only to laugh. Any other attempt is shut down with a firm NO with a stern look to accompany. There is a greater chance for a naked elephant to dance on a tightrope tied between two okra plant than for a geek to get lucky with a sought after girl. Can you imagine:-]
4)The danger of jokes,quotes,homilies,ancedotes and the like being pilfered: This ish personally happens to me all the time. Everytime I say something clever, my friend who is quite succesful with ladies says the same thing to girls and they applaud and fawn over him like he doesn't talk out his ass and he's a genius. It got to a point where he started telling guys to "subscribe" to me for smart sayings (I said a firm no, of course).
5) The danger of no one understanding you: I do not understand why people cannot draw a firm line between sarcasm and straight talk. I still do not understand why no one laughs at my jokes. For example, I said this joke in class once. Nitrogen asked Oxygen out on a date and she said NO (Nitrogen Oxide). He then waited for one week and asked her out again and she said NO twice (NO2). Geddit??!! Unfortunately, I was met with a stony silence, the sort that even Russia's missile cannot pass through! Needless to say, I was throughly discombobulated.
There are many more dangers to be written; however at this point; I drop my pen for more geeks, like me, who struggle thru daily lives.
Cc tosyne2much, sheikwonder
Re: The Dangers Of Being A Geek...... by emmanuel596(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ok
Re: The Dangers Of Being A Geek...... by braskey: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2015
The part of not being understood is quite annoying, Aswear. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Let's Play A Game Titled, "silly Answer For A silly Question". / Random Facts / An Imaginative And Pathetic Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.