Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! (2241 Views)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
Good NL,

I'm living abroad but my mom and lil sister are the ones running my building project. The builder just informed them that building a 3 bedroom bungalow with 1 master bedroom with toilet 4.5 by 5 meters and one shared toilet for the other 2 bedrooms, and well sitting room 5 by 5.5 meters with a kitchen and dinning. The size of the building is suppose to be 12 by 12 meters.

The builder said we would need 130 bags to mould 4500 blocks, 40 bags for the foundation concrete, 70 bags for setting up those blocks and a further 70 for German floor. Is it possible to use 310 bags for such a house without the plastering even coming yet. I call the builder my self and asked how comes that large number of cement and he said 8 inches German floor and i told him i see in NL many doing 4 inches German floor so 8 inches is too much.

Advice me if i should change him and get another one. I have the feeling that most of the cement will not go into the house and will be stolen since is only my mom and sister around.

Give me your advice on how many bags should be used on each of the above mention stages. We using 5' blocks for the house and i was thinking 40 per bag will suffice but the man insist on 32 or 33 per bag and this is what i read many doing for the 6' and 9' blocks.

I need you good advice please with your email and phone numbers.

Waiting
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by johnson232: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
This quote is fair to me sha, some even seem under estimated to me, will only 70bags be enough for raising those number of blocks? As for the german floor I don't know the mix ratio he intends to use, so I can't say. I think 40 blocks is too much for block moulding, 35 at most, even if it's 5 inch. The only thing that seems high to me is the number of blocks, which may be justified by the topography of land and nature of soil, outside that, if the building is 12m x 12m, I advise u go ahead with this builder, I'm not a builder, i'm just contributing from experience.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by kingralph(m): 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Interesting topic. Am also waiting for answers
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by adebaxton(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
@bigjallow, kinda remember I posted some comments concerning your proposed project some months ago.

The 3bedroom bungalow is okay having a 4inches(100mm) German floor(slab) due to the blocks being 5 inches which is different from what's obtainable here in Nigeria.

The ratio of moulding 6 inch block is 1 bag of 50 kg cement= 36-40 blocks.

bigjallow:
Good NL,

I'm living abroad but my mom and lil sister are the ones running my building project. The builder just informed them that building a 3 bedroom bungalow with 1 master bedroom with toilet 4.5 by 5 meters and one shared toilet for the other 2 bedrooms, and well sitting room 5 by 5.5 meters with a kitchen and dinning. The size of the building is suppose to be 12 by 12 meters.

The builder said we would need 130 bags to mould 4500 blocks, 40 bags for the foundation concrete, 70 bags for setting up those blocks and a further 70 for German floor. Is it possible to use 310 bags for such a house without the plastering even coming yet. I call the builder my self and asked how comes that large number of cement and he said 8 inches German floor and i told him i see in NL many doing 4 inches German floor so 8 inches is too much.

Advice me if i should change him and get another one. I have the feeling that most of the cement will not go into the house and will be stolen since is only my mom and sister around.

Give me your advice on how many bags should be used on each of the above mention stages. We using 5' blocks for the house and i was thinking 40 per bag will suffice but the man insist on 32 or 33 per bag and this is what i read many doing for the 6' and 9' blocks.

I need you good advice please with your email and phone numbers.

Waiting
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by adebaxton(m): 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
Let's do little Maths.
12m= 39.37 ft
39.37 x 4 sides= 157.48 ft
2 blocks = 3 ft
157.48 / 3ft= 52.49 x 2 blocks= 104.98 appr. 105 blocks per course + 15 breakage allowance= 120 blocks per course.
Substructure=3 course
Super structure A( window level)= 4 course
B= 5 course to lintel
After lintel = 2 course
3+4+5+2= 14 course x 120 blocks= 1, 680 blocks

Make provision for 2,000 blocks.

Apology: did it on mobile
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
We are not using 6' blocks but 5 ' ones. Can you give me that ratio for a bag of cement?
Secondly can you give me a clear info on how many bags to go about it from foundation to roof level?

adebaxton:
@bigjallow, kinda remember I posted some comments concerning your proposed project some months ago.

The 3bedroom bungalow is okay having a 4inches(100mm) German floor(slab) due to the blocks being 5 inches which is different from what's obtainable here in Nigeria.

The ratio of moulding 6 inch block is 1 bag of 50 kg cement= 36-40 blocks.

Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by twinskenny(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
bigjallow:
We are not using 6' blocks but 5 ' ones. Can you give me that ratio for a bag of cement?
Secondly can you give me a clear info on how many bags to go about it from foundation to roof level?

is there 5 inches block?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Are you saying 2000 blocks for the whole house?

The house is 3 bedrooms(1 master house 4.5 by 5 meters with toilet and 2 other rooms measuring 4.25 by 4 meters each sharing a toilet, 1 sitting room, kitchen and dinning
adebaxton:
Let's do little Maths.
12m= 39.37 ft
2 blocks = 3 ft
157.48 / 3ft= 52.49 x 2 blocks= 104.98 appr. 105 blocks per course + 15 breakage allowance= 120 blocks per course.
Substructure=3 course
B= 5 course to lintel
After lintel = 2 course

Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Yes there is 5 ' blocks

twinskenny:
is there 5 inches block?
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by adebaxton(m): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
That's for the outer walls
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 12:18am On Oct 11, 2015
Your calculations say like 1, 680 blocks for the outer walls, so do you think we could use more than that for the inner walls to roof level?

Can you give me a quote for the house please for all stages?

adebaxton:
That's for the outer walls

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by adebaxton(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2015
Can you provide a sketch of ur description in order to calculate for the inner walls?

bigjallow:
Your calculations say like 1, 680 blocks for the outer walls, so do you think we could use more than that for the inner walls to roof level?

Can you give me a quote for the house please for all stages?

Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2015
No sketch but all in all 3bedrooms, measuring average 4 by 4.5 and two toilets measuring 1.5 by 2.4 and a kitchen measuring 2.8 by 3 and dinning 2.5 by 3 and sitting room 5 by 5.5m
adebaxton:

Can you provide a sketch of ur description in order to calculate for the inner walls?

Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by adebaxton(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Well, provide 3200-3500 blocks.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
Thanks my man you have really been of help to me but just few more questions for you,

In your own view how many bags of cement would you use for the foundation work of this house? Bags for Floor concrete? Bag for building to roof level?

This will help me so much...

Thanks

adebaxton:
Well, provide 3200-3500 blocks.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by bigjallow: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hello bro,

I hope you remember me again. I am the Gambian guy living abroad. Late time you asked for my plan but then it was not ready. Its done now and i want to send it to you for your review and advice.

From your look now, how many blocks do you think i need?

adebaxton:
Let's do little Maths.
12m= 39.37 ft
2 blocks = 3 ft
Substructure=3 course
B= 5 course to lintel
After lintel = 2 course

Re: Urgent Help Needed On Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow!!! by adebaxton(m): 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
Mail me the plan
Access2m@hotmail.com

bigjallow:
Hello bro,

I hope you remember me again. I am the Gambian guy living abroad. Late time you asked for my plan but then it was not ready. Its done now and i want to send it to you for your review and advice.

From your look now, how many blocks do you think i need?

(1) (Reply)

What Is National Housing Fund/scheme? / SOLD Dry Plots Of Land At Omole Phase II / Okun Ajah: A Jewel By The Nile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.