Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Information About Sao Tome & Principe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information About Sao Tome & Principe (5954 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / Help Me.. Any Nigerian In Sao Tome And Principe / How To Get Visa To Sao Tome And Principe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information About Sao Tome & Principe by OhiGentle(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2015
Please is there anyone out here that has useful information on how I can get to the above named country?
If you have been there before please share your experience because I intend visiting the country as I have learnt its a small peaceful country good for a lovely vacation

1 Like

Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by Ussyberry(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2015
You can get the visa online. Check your bulk mail or spam everyday for a week after applying just in case.

The most "comfortable" flight is from Accra via Tap Portugal.

From lagos with aero and the Tap Portugal flight 120k should do return. That's 4flights.

Bus to accra will make it cheaper, increase the adventure and give you more stamps in your passport. If you haven't done the west African coast road trip before you can go to Accra by road, fly return with Tap Portugal and then return with aero back to lagos. But that will save you less than 20k plus you will need to stay one day in Accra that can be avoided by flying in with the first aero flight from lagos

If you get the visa (entry authorization) online you pay for it on arrival in São Tomé. €20 when you arrive and €20 when you are leaving, make sure you have change when you are leaving. Very important.

They don't speak English and in my opinion don't like Nigerians but it's very safe.

You can also get the visa from the embassy in Asokoro somewhere near force hq and protea but do the online, u know embassy people, police report etc. plus it's more expensive as per fees

Perfume is expensive and you can't buy international chocolate. Mars etc

Local chocolate is far far better though.

Your Nigerian sim will not roam. You can get a local sim easily with your visa and passport.

Stay in pestana equador hotel weekdays and pestana São Tomé weekends because of night life. But these hotels cost wella.

Sweet guest house is the best place to be, free wifi and you feel very much at home.

Hope this helps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by OhiGentle(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2015
Thank you so much for your assistance, you have really helped with very useful information. Please do you have an idea of their currency value compared to naira and how much money will be OK to have a comfortable vacation for 3 weeks.
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by Ussyberry(m): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
OhiGentle:
Thank you so much for your assistance, you have really helped with very useful information. Please do you have an idea of their currency value compared to naira and how much money will be OK to have a comfortable vacation for 3 weeks.

It depends on your lifestyle

Their money, dobras is almost useless, I remember that 8000 naira was about a million dobra, their money is pegged to the euro.

Check booking.com for hotels so you can budget properly. Sweet guest house is not the cheapest but it's very nice.

Food is cheap though, and they don't have stew.

If you ask for beef (bife) they will give you pork so ask for "vaca" which is cow meat and is very very scarce.

They don't have cows there.
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by gowaga68: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ussyberry:

It depends on your lifestyle

Their money, dobras is almost useless, I remember that 8000 naira was about a million dobra, their money is pegged to the euro.

Check booking.com for hotels so you can budget properly. Sweet guest house is not the cheapest but it's very nice.

Food is cheap though, and they don't have stew.

If you ask for beef (bife) they will give you pork so ask for "vaca" which is cow meat and is very very scarce.

They don't have cows there.
whats the major source of income there?
am more worried on how to get there by boat or so cos am close to Cameroon.
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by OhiGentle(m): 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
gowaga68:

whats the major source of income there?
am more worried on how to get there by boat or so cos am close to Cameroon.

My brother I will never advice anyone to travel illegally because there is no life for an illegal immigrant anywhere. This is just a small Africa country I want to visit on vacation so why are you looking to get there on boat

4 Likes

Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by gowaga68: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
OhiGentle:

My brother I will never advice anyone to travel illegally because there is no life for an illegal immigrant anywhere. This is just a small Africa country I want to visit on vacation so why are you looking to get there on boat
Never having the intention of traveling illegally, going all those miles to Ghana then board a flight is all stressful to me. My intention of visiting the island is to get little familiarity with their Language.

1 Like

Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by OhiGentle(m): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
gowaga68:

Never having the intention of traveling illegally, going all those miles to Ghana then board a flight is all stressful to me. My intention of visiting the island is to get little familiarity with their Language.

OK boss that will be nice
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by gowaga68: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
OhiGentle:

OK boss that will be nice
Xie xie (thank you).
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by nairacountry(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Well done Ussyberry.
I narrowly missed traveling there last year as I visited their embassy in Asokoro the very day they are to go on recess (Dec 2014).
What's d web as the issue of "Police Criminal Clearance" is sumtin else; I was asked to bring 60k for d clearance mine & wife. Also, is there any other flight, direct or other wise coz TAP has no more space for d last week of December 2015; the only available time for me.
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by nairacountry(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ussburry or any one, kindly attend the questions asked;
Wats their website
Any other flight aside TAP coz tap's flight has no more seats for my desired flight period
Thanks
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by LajaLaba: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
Stay in your country
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by Ussyberry(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2015
nairacountry:
Ussburry or any one, kindly attend the questions asked;
Wats their website
Any other flight aside TAP coz tap's flight has no more seats for my desired flight period
Thanks

www.smf.st
Re: Information About Sao Tome & Principe by Gerrard59(m): 11:28am On Apr 24, 2021
Ussyberry:
You can get the visa online. Check your bulk mail or spam everyday for a week after applying just in case.

The most "comfortable" flight is from Accra via Tap Portugal.

From lagos with aero and the Tap Portugal flight 120k should do return. That's 4flights.

Bus to accra will make it cheaper, increase the adventure and give you more stamps in your passport. If you haven't done the west African coast road trip before you can go to Accra by road, fly return with Tap Portugal and then return with aero back to lagos. But that will save you less than 20k plus you will need to stay one day in Accra that can be avoided by flying in with the first aero flight from lagos

If you get the visa (entry authorization) online you pay for it on arrival in São Tomé. €20 when you arrive and €20 when you are leaving, make sure you have change when you are leaving. Very important.

They don't speak English and in my opinion don't like Nigerians but it's very safe.

You can also get the visa from the embassy in Asokoro somewhere near force hq and protea but do the online, u know embassy people, police report etc. plus it's more expensive as per fees

Perfume is expensive and you can't buy international chocolate. Mars etc

Local chocolate is far far better though.

Your Nigerian sim will not roam. You can get a local sim easily with your visa and passport.

Stay in pestana equador hotel weekdays and pestana São Tomé weekends because of night life. But these hotels cost wella.

Sweet guest house is the best place to be, free wifi and you feel very much at home.

Hope this helps

Any idea on how to purchase a property there as a foreigner?

(1) (Reply)

True Pictures Of All Seasons Hotels Owerri / 1,236 Nigerians Die In Road Accidents In Q3 2020 - NBS / Requirement For Applying For Albania Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.