Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures (81066 Views)

Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz / What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. / More Drawings From My Portfolio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by SupremeNG: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice drawings, this is the best i have ever seen linkedinuk..com/2015/10/samsung-galaxy-s7-specification-and.html
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by MrLaw101(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
hard to believe shocked
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
He is from Ogwa, same town with Ngozi Okonjo, JJ Okocha, former president of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo (Uwaechue) shove yourself ignorance and know that he is Omo Igbo
Chanchit:

At least you read where they said he's from Delta?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Alexandro2(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
genius
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
then just take pictures instead.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
grin Your father there
Nelsizzy:
And who are you?
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
DikeOha882:
grin Your father there
When i saw your name i wasnt suprised tho. I wasnt talking to you and now u are talking abt ur Father who knows nothing about the issue at hand. Well, wont blame you. It is the way u were brought up. But i have an advice for you, GO GET A LIFE.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
You started stupidity when you quoted Bonapart, I was thinking your head no too good, make I cure you of that madness
Nelsizzy:
When i saw your name i wasnt suprised tho. I wasnt talking to you and now u are talking abt ur Father who knows nothing about the issue at hand. Well, wont blame you. It is the way u were brought up. But i have an advice for you, GO GET A LIFE.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wowwww This is very very veyr very very Important. ?
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
DikeOha882:
You started stupidity when you quoted Bonapart, I was thinking your head no too good, make I cure you of that madness
Better go and sleep, so that you can wake up early to serve your boss that sells spare parts in Ojuelegba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
Lolz, Its paying off serving my boss who is a spare part dealer unlike you sells human parts at jankara market
Nelsizzy:
Better go and sleep, so that you can wake up early to serve your boss that sells spare parts in Ojuelegba.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
dis guys work is a redefinition of perfection. lovely
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
DikeOha882:
Lolz, Its paying off serving my boss who is a spare part dealer unlike you sells human parts at jankara market
Gerrahia mehn! If u want Biafra to materialise, go and meet buhari. Stop quoting me. slowpoke!
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by cardoctor(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
RAW TALENT
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by kenobi007(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
damton:
saying that this is amazing is an understatement.
guy ur right. amazing is an understatement. I don't HV d right words to express diz. in fact dis is unbelievable. the guy is a genius
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by danbrowndmf(m): 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Jessewizy:
One look at Kelvin Okafor’s drawings and all you can see is a man with great talents and a unique eye for details.

Born on November 1, 1985 in London to Nigerian parents from Ibusa, Delta State, Kelvin Okafor has been able to capture the world’s attention with his ‘miracle pencils, paper and charcoal’.

With the kind of miracles Okafor works, the likes of da Vinci, Caravaggio and Jan Vermeer would do more than doff their hats.

Kelvin, who has always been fascinated with creativity, grew up in a tough council estate. Having little money those days, he spent most of his time teaching himself to draw and pushing himself to get better. At about age 15, the reaction of parents and teachers made it clear to him that he was born to draw. After his A-Levels at St Ignatius College, he went for a one year course in Foundation Art & Design at City & Guilds Art School. He then proceeded to Middlesex University where he got a B.A. Honours in Fine Art.

This super-gifted photo-realistic artist can work in various artistic medium such as sculpture, glass, printmaking, painting and casting, but it’s his pencils that form his magic wand.

His form of art is called photo-realism and he charges from as much as N320,000 for a drawing. His early pieces included portraits of Amy Winehouse, Mother Teresa, Lauryn Hill, Nelson Mandela, Beyonce, Daniel Craig, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rihanna and Tinie Tempah.
He draws very lifelike portraits of ordinary people and celebrities using pencil and charcoal with his drawings often mistaken for photographs.

Achievements

Kelvin’s drawings have scooped a number of awards as his unerringly accurate depictions of celebrities have seen him win prizes at the National Open Art Competition and get selected as a leading piece at the Cork Street Gallery Open Exhibition Winter Show.

You would be immensely stupefied with the tones, textures, illusion of colour and emotions Okafor is able to create with just one shade of lead.
Okafor says he sets “unreal” goals for himself but to him, the efforts made are more important than achieving the goal.
cc classsylabola or classsyalabola
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by hinduskoso: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
[color=#770077][/color],,,my contemporary,,a draughtsman,work and never stumble cool,,,my contemporary,,a draughtsman,work and never stumble
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by akigbemaru: 12:01am On Oct 28, 2015
finearts
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Ndipe(m): 12:01am On Oct 28, 2015
impressive.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nickymezor(f): 12:02am On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=Souljeezy post=39429044][size=20pt]WOOOW[/size] [size=14pt]this is really amazing shocked shocked shocked[/size] best i've ever seen in my entire life [/quote) Same here
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Ewu, don't die young so you can' witness the emergence of Biafra,
Nelsizzy:
Gerrahia mehn! If u want Biafra to materialise, go and meet buhari. Stop quoting me. slowpoke!
That a bad sour palmwine brought to the market wasn't purchased, means that a bad wine drinker didn't come to the market the same day. Igbo proverb.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by NasNation(m): 12:17am On Oct 28, 2015
Jessewizy:
grin
Abeg go sharp sharp,nigerians need am
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by inimitkel(m): 12:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Wow! His talent is impeccably astounding! Raw talent...he sure deserves the accolades!
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by pazienza(m): 1:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Nelsizzy:
Shut up! He is from Delta state. We r nt part of your rubbish.

Go and D, He is from Ibuzo( Igbo Uzo) He is an Igbo.

Land grabber, onye ori. Is there an ethnic group called Delta? Igboland started and ended in SE only in delusional dreams of enemies of Ndiigbo.

man.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbuzowww.ibusa.net/mysite/aboutibusa.html

5 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Masterclass32: 1:18am On Oct 28, 2015
Kai! shocked
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2015
bloody cheeseballs! shocked
awesome!
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by baby124: 1:46am On Oct 28, 2015
Beautiful
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Originalsly: 2:12am On Oct 28, 2015
Hmmm......talented?....I say the guy is gifted.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by omojeesu(m): 2:34am On Oct 28, 2015
Raw talent nutured to greatness!
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Amack(m): 2:49am On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=Bonapart post=39428711]Biafrans making wave everywhere [/quote. We winner's we hustlers we never gonna stop. We the Biafran soilder
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Chanchit: 2:49am On Oct 28, 2015
DikeOha882:
He is from Ogwa, same town with Ngozi Okonjo, JJ Okocha, former president of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo (Uwaechue) shove yourself ignorance and know that he is Omo Igbo

Well, it means all the people you just mentioned are from delta.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by KingShayDee(m): 3:18am On Oct 28, 2015
damn so unique he blessed oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doks Art: Donald Trump Recognizes Nigerian Artist Who Drew Him / DESIGN & PRINT UR BUSINESS Card | BANNER | FLYER | BROCHURE | LOGO -CLICK HERE / The Kasope Attracts Mercedes Benz Attention With His Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.