Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Reasons Why Readers Bounce Off From Your Blog Immediately When They Visit - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why Readers Bounce Off From Your Blog Immediately When They Visit (450 Views)

7 Tips On How To Reduce Bounce Rate On Website / How To Get More Readers On Your Blog / 20 Blog Post Ideas To Boost Your Readers Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Readers Bounce Off From Your Blog Immediately When They Visit by emmalexdboy(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
I recently stumbled upon a blog and I couldn't help but to leave almost immediately.

Why exactly did I leave immediately?

The blog was saturated with several ads and banners that made reading it's blog post next to imposible. C'mon, did I actually visit the blog to click on a Google Ad?

I want to read valuable content: posts that offers help, impacts knowledge and end my worries.

I know... I know, as a blogger, you would love to make money from Adsense and other monetization strategies to sustain your website. But, most bloggers get this all wrong.

Most readers actually visit your blog to read your content and not to click on a Google advertisement and they can easily identify an ad when they see one (especially "smart" ones). So, if you've been welcoming your readers with several banners and ads - you have to align this ad into your content which will attract clicks and not create a poor user experience for your readers.

Desperation really kills your blog, if you ask me.

Here are just few tips that will help your readers stick to your blog and turn to your raving fan:

1. Create mind-blowing content that wows your readers. if your content suck or you adopt the copy-paste style, most readers would have no reasons to stay long on your blog, since you didn't give any reason to.

2. Use a reliable web host that decreases your page load time. You can imagine your website for as long as 10 seconds, most readers can wait that long. So, figure that out ASAP!

3. Avoid the use of aggressive pop-ups (especially those that are not tested for mobiles)that creates headache for readers who love to read your posts.

4. Format your text creatively, leaving lots of white spaces. It makes easy for readers and scanners. (This you notice a lot of white spaces on this thread? wink)

I don't know if this resonates with anyone. What really makes you leave a website/blog?

I've just stated mine, how about you?

cc: adewasco2k, Slyr0x
Re: Reasons Why Readers Bounce Off From Your Blog Immediately When They Visit by FincoApps(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
The whitespace part is very correct
emmalexdboy:
I recently stumbled upon a blog and I couldn't help but to leave almost immediately.

Why exactly did I leave immediately?

The blog was saturated with several ads and banners that made reading it's blog post next to imposible. C'mon, did I actually visit the blog to click on a Google Ad?

I want to read valuable content: posts that offers help, impacts knowledge and end my worries.

I know... I know, as a blogger, you would love to make money from Adsense and other monetization strategies to sustain your website. But, most bloggers get this all wrong.

Most readers actually visit your blog to read your content and not to click on a Google advertisement and they can easily identify an ad when they see one (especially "smart" ones). So, if you've been welcoming your readers with several banners and ads - you have to align this ad into your content which will attract clicks and not create a poor user experience for your readers.

Desperation really kills your blog, if you ask me.

Here are just few tips that will help your readers stick to your blog and turn to your raving fan:

1. Create mind-blowing content that wows your readers. if your content suck or you adopt the copy-paste style, most readers would have no reasons to stay long on your blog, since you didn't give any reason to.

2. Use a reliable web host that decreases your page load time. You can imagine your website for as long as 10 seconds, most readers can wait that long. So, figure that out ASAP!

3. Avoid the use of aggressive pop-ups (especially those that are not tested for mobiles)that creates headache for readers who love to read your posts.

4. Format your text creatively, leaving lots of white spaces. It makes easy for readers and scanners. (This you notice a lot of white spaces on this thread? wink)

I don't know if this resonates with anyone. What really makes you leave a website/blog?

I've just stated mine, how about you?

cc: adewasco2k, Slyr0x

(1) (Reply)

Verify Non Hosted Adsense With $50 In It For Sale / US Adsense For Sale / 20k Monthly Job If You Can Type Very Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.