Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK (964 Views)

Transformation Photos Of A Female Nigerian Doctor Based In The US / UK Bans Nigerian Doctor Pestering His Patients With Love Advances (photo) / Video Of Man Having Sex With Snake Seen On Nigerian Doctor's Phone In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by bebe77: 4:19am On Oct 12, 2015
Kaduna trained Dr Hadiza Bawa-Garba, 38, has been charged with manslaughter in a Nottingham Court over the death of a 6-year-old boy.

Late Jack Adcock had Down’s syndrome and was admitted to Leicester Royal Infirmary with pneumonia in February 2011 . About 11 hours later, he went into cardiac and was undergoing resuscitation when Dr. Hadiza mistaking him for another patient who had been discharged, gave a ‘do not resuscitate order’ to the nurses. Alas! It was a mistake.

When a first-year doctor re-read the notes and could not find the Do Not Resuscitate entry, she pointed it out to Doctor Hadiza, but it was too late and renewed resuscitation attempts were futile.

Hadiza along with nurses Theresa Taylor, 55, and Isabel Amaro, 47, who were also involved in the child's management have been charged with manslaughter through gross negligence.

The trial will last for five weeks and at this stage it's difficult to tell if Dr. Hadiza has any chance of winning this; she just may lose her licence.

If only we could turn back the hands of time and correct our mistakes. So sad!

www.healththenmore.com
Re: Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by pyyxxaro: 4:31am On Oct 12, 2015
World people don ON Bluetooth face Aunty Hadiza from village cry

I cover myself with/by the Blood of Jesus
Re: Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by truelyt: 4:47am On Oct 12, 2015
just b careful in life,
one mistake can b costly
Re: Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by bebe77: 4:53am On Oct 12, 2015
pyyxxaro:
World people don ON Bluetooth face Aunty Hadiza from village cry

I cover myself with/by the Blood of Jesus
Lol
Re: Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by bebe77: 4:55am On Oct 12, 2015
truelyt:
just b careful in life,
one mistake can b costly

So true and it happens really fast
Re: Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by Godfullsam(m): 6:11am On Oct 12, 2015
Perhaps she was practicing the Nigerian working culture in the UK.

here in Naija, most doctors and nurses are very careless.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Charged With Manslaughter In UK by bebe77: 6:19am On Oct 12, 2015
Godfullsam:
Perhaps she was practicing the Nigerian working culture in the UK.

here in Naija, most doctors and nurses are very careless.
I don't think it is done intentionally. But sometimes people are cruel

(1) (Reply)

Women Who Have Babies At This Age Are More Likely To Have Intelligent Children / FACTS: 8 Common Foods That Increase Sperm Fertility / Sore In The Genital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.