Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,057 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians (43015 Views)

Please Help!!! It Seems Fidelity Bank Is Trying To Dupe Me Of My 107,000 Naira / Fraudsters Dupe Politician's Wife Of $18,000 In Abuja / Fraudsters Dupe Traders By Buying With ‘Magic’ Money (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
MARINS:
I was at the port today for business reasons and saw a ship discharging rice. Out of curiosity I went to take a closer look and was shocked at what I saw shocked shocked
U see, this people import a vessel loaded with rice unbagged and they do the bagging in the port. Now the issue is that they use about 7 different bags with different company names and sell at different prices but contains the same rice.
I even saw the bag of rice I bought in January (M) which I bought for 13k. undecided undecided and the bag of the one I refused to buy for 11k.

XMAS IS COMING AND ALOT OF YOU WILL FALL PREY TO THIS CHEAP SCAM

Cc lalasticlala ishilove

See why Nigeria is a lawless country? If you can figure this out, how come the cops haven't. I know for a fact that every dock has a police unit attached to it. These guys are not even trying to hide what they are doing. They could be adding garri into the mix for all we know. Soon one idio.t will come here an post a topic about the 10,000 reasons Nigeria is the place to live.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
India

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by SmartMugu: 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
I thought the recent CBN FX regulation impacted areas around importation of locally available products like rice.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Which port is this? Please share your pics with channels tv Iwitness and let them expose them further. Besides, dont be surprised that the port ogas in collaboration with those Indians and Lebanese thiefs are involved because of the boldness to do that openly
MARINS:
I was at the port today for business reasons and saw a ship discharging rice. Out of curiosity I went to take a closer look and was shocked at what I saw shocked shocked
U see, this people import a vessel loaded with rice unbagged and they do the bagging in the port. Now the issue is that they use about 7 different bags with different company names and sell at different prices but contains the same rice.
I even saw the bag of rice I bought in January (M) which I bought for 13k. undecided undecided and the bag of the one I refused to buy for 11k.

Cc lalasticlala ishilove

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by miky(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Very very good, those who would prefer foreign to our local rice. And guess what that rice is about 10 years old, reserve grains from india and thailand
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
@Op,this is port harcourt,hola @me next time u r @the port.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by seenter84: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
Nigeria is a total house of scam. When will corruption end?
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
Realgana:
I fit swear say the people behind this fraud are from Biafra.
Indians Sir.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
omusiliyu:
Everybody will account for their work on judgement day.

Always do good.
lol. You gave up already grin cheesy

Judgement day too far. Let's judge them and serve them their punishment here
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Ninilowo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
I won't blame dem cos we buy label in Nigeria.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO FOOL THE PUBLIC. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRADULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
Your mumu don ripe,na Indians dey scam us. I work @the port

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by drered(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
MARINS:

Cc lalasticlala ishilove

Lol. This is defnitely APMT..
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ilekeh:
I trust my igbo bros and their fraudulent activities for quick money. grin
Indians not Igbos

4 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by CSTR2: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
Your president recently declared his love for foreign rice and opened the border for indiscriminate import.

4 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO FOOL THE PUBLIC. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRADULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
Still hating, thats why you will continue to search for love till eternity. How can you find it when u occupy ur heart with hate?

13 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Realgana(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
bomasek:
Indians Sir.
With the aid of the Igbos.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
great664:
Thanks for this eye opener. But come to think of it, Rice varies in size and colour too, and come with different bags, are you really sure you understand clearly what they were doing, it could contain different batches or layers for different bags
It's obvious she don't understand what's happening over there. The importers who are Indians bagged the rice in 25kg and 50kg bags

2 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by kingdenny(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO FOOL THE PUBLIC. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRADULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH
GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS
AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
If the ibos are responsible for importing fake products into the country , someone must be responsible for regulating what goes through the port , I guess those are your brothers , they collect a paltry sum to allow such practices , they sell their conscience for some few coins , so pls try and upgrade your brains before you
spewn rubbish here.

I

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Realgana:

With the aid of the Igbos.
No Sir,na basically Indians,the port is in port harcourt and I work there. The bagging is done close to the vessel and transported by trucks.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Noble11(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO DUPE THE MASSES. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. WHEN THEY ACQUIRE SUCH ILLEGAL WEALTH THEY START TO EXPAND THEIR BUSINESSES AND INVITING MOST OF THEIR JOBLESS RELATIVES FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO LAGOS TO CONTINUE THE SCAM. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
No need of wishing...just help them sign the petition and let them go....
Let them go una no gree,make them stay una no gree
Igabu ogbonye buru kwa amosu?
Anu ofia...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by CSTR2: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Realgana:
I fit swear say the people behind this fraud are from Biafra.
You are crazy.
The igbos created home-made nutritious ebonyi rice, but your shitthole of a nation decided to get hooked on foreign rice.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

8 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
One aboki told to stop deceiving my self when I was looking for one particular brand of rice. In his words " .. all the same wslihi"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Noble11:
No need of wishing...just help them sign the petition and let them go.... Let them go una no gree,make them stay una no gree Igabu ogbonye buru kwa amosu? Anu ofia...
ORI AWON TONI E BURU
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO DUPE THE MASSES. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. WHEN THEY ACQUIRE SUCH ILLEGAL WEALTH THEY START TO BUY PROPERTIES AND EXPAND THEIR BUSINESSES AND ALSO INVITE MOST OF THEIR JOBLESS RELATIVES FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO LAGOS TO CONTINUE THE SCAM. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
The earlier you understand that we have planted bottle for your inheritance the better your chances of surviving a heart attack.

6 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by alcmene: 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
And our DULLARDISH president just lifted the embargo on importation of rice lipsrsealed

Buhari represents anything cluelessness

What becomes of our Adani and Abarkiliki rice undecided

Buhari is a BINGO for rejecting our locally-made rice

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by templegate: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
blizard44:
It's no news.

We deserve it for our longing for foriegn stuffs.

Pack Abakaliki or Ilushi rice in Mama Gold or Uncle Ben's sack and watch it sell fire.

We're our own problem.

You are damn right! Our crave for foreign things is crippling our own economy. No jobs here yet we creat jobs for other Nations.

"Woe unto you Oh Consumer Nation for you shall be perpetually enslaved by the producing Nation"..........quote me

4 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Beremx(f): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
There's nothing fraudulent about it. As long as the rice is healthy for consumption,i don't think i am bothered about it being imported unbagged.

Probably that's how it has been going on for long and it's not fraudulent.

2 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by eagleeye2: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO DUPE THE MASSES. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. WHEN THEY ACQUIRE SUCH ILLEGAL WEALTH THEY START TO BUY PROPERTIES AND EXPAND THEIR BUSINESSES AND ALSO INVITE MOST OF THEIR JOBLESS RELATIVES FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO LAGOS TO CONTINUE THE SCAM. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad

Choi!!! E pain am........ Even if them ban am, we go sell Lagoon water for una, package am as bottled water, and una go still drink.

See your mouth like Igbos this and that.

13 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by castrokins(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
Baba Nla, That Brand Of Rice I Don Find Am Taya For Calabar I No See O.
Abi Mek I Check Bokobiri Wia Hausas Dey Stay, Hin Fit Dey?

mrphysics:
I remain committed to local rice, as far as am concern I will never buy foreign rice, Abakaliki rice remains d best.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by gidjah(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
we shall overcome all this mess soonest.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by MARINS(f): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
bomasek:
It's obvious she don't understand what's happening over there. The importers who are Indians bagged the rice in 25kg and 50kg bags
I was standing right in front of the repackaging machine sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

InstantGold.ng Customer Support - Buy/Sell: PM, BTC, OKPAY, WMZ, PAYZA, STP etc / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video) / How To Survive On 20k Or Less In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.