Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:27 AM

Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too (549 Views)

Yes Guys do have Breast Cancer ! / 24-Year-Old Lady Who Survived Breast Cancer Shares Her Story & Photos / Cancer Almost Blinded A Woman In Kano (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too by HFMagazine: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
October – breast cancer awareness month sees a lot of activities for one of the world’s most deadly diseases, however, it’s surprising that a lot of men don’t know that it’s possible to have breast cancer.

To many, it’s almost like a man can’t get it because it’s a woman’s disease, but it isn’t. Statistics released as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month shows that, 350 men are diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK alone.

A certain survivor of breast cancer, Rick Martin-Bacon who lives in the UK says – “I completely ignored the fact that I’d just had the first symptom of breast cancer until I started noticing a lump around the seven o’clock position on my right nipple. It got bigger and bigger. It was only when I received information on Facebook about the six primary symptoms of breast cancer that I noticed I actually had a third and had it checked out.”

Rick underwent a mastectomy to have the cancer removed and was placed on precautionary drugs for the next five years.

There are many other cases of breast cancer occurring in men from other parts of the world. While many of them are not detected early enough, it’s better to become familiar with the symptoms for early detection.

Symptoms of breast Cancer

• A lump, usually painless. It’s usually situated near the center, close to the nipple. Lumps can also occur away from the nipple.

• Nipple discharge which are often blood-stained

• A tender or drawn in or (inverted) nipple

• Ulceration or swelling of the chest area

• Occasionally, the lymph nodes (glands) under the arm may also be swollen

It is advisable for everybody – I mean men and women to self-examine your breast to make sure you do not have any of these symptoms. Also research or see a doctor to tell you more about Breast Cancer, to keep you on the safe side.

Subscribe for more: www.hfmagazineonline.com/subscribe
Re: Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too by jessejunior(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Come again say what?
Re: Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too by kossyablaze(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jeez

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too by dominique(f): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
I read that about 1% of breast cancer cases are males.
Re: Men Can Have Breast Cancer Too by HFMagazine: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2015
dominique:
I read that about 1% of breast cancer cases are males.

That's very true. Now imagine all the case of Breast ancer and how huge that 1% can be!

(1) (Reply)

Just How To Lighten Skin Normally / Issue With Balance Brought Forward / Tips To Staying Healthy Through Out The Harmattan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.