Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos (1511 Views)

Replica Body Kits: The Nearest Thing To Owning A Super Car. / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? / VIN Check: 1 Step You Must Never Skip Before You Buy A Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by willarrie(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Its becoming very frustrating having a car and not using it except during the weekends when the roads are less congested and you can take ur time to manouver through potholes without blaring horns deafening ur ears.
The number of cars on the streets of Lagos are fast outnumbering the available motor-able roads and for those who just cant comprise the comfort of their cars for public buses are paying dearly for it in terms of stress in driving,extra cost of fueling due to the monster called Traffic,more hours spent on the road.
For some of us who would rather opt for a tricycle or okada to safe cost and spend less time on the road,we still miss the comfort of driving ourselves to and fro work and so u ask urself,whats the point having a car in Lagos,its meant to be for comfort but now,its becoming a curse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Whizpeter(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
Its very Annoying...
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
willarrie:
Its becoming very frustrating having a car and not using it except during the weekends when the roads are less congested and you can take ur time to manouver through potholes without blaring horns deafening ur ears.
The number of cars on the streets of Lagos are fast outnumbering the available motor-able roads and for those who just cant comprise the comfort of their cars for public buses are paying dearly for it in terms of stress in driving,extra cost of fueling due to the monster called Traffic,more hours spent on the road.
For some of us who would rather opt for a tricycle or okada to safe cost and spend less time on the road,we still miss the comfort of driving ourselves to and fro work and so u ask urself,whats the point having a car in Lagos,its meant to be for comfort but now,its becoming a curse.

Why can you minimize and get out of Lago?

Life is too short folks. Take a less paying job and move your family out to the suburbs or another state entirely for a more relaxed life.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
Buy ur own private tricycle.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by igbonla(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Why can you minimize and get out of Lago?

Life is too short folks. Take a less paying job and move your family out to the suburbs or another state entirely for a more relaxed life.

Sadly, we don't reason like that here. Took me years to convince my brother to move to Ibadan, like his placenta was buried in Lagos!

3 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Femtopford(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Egunmogaji quite a long time, I believe your brother's placenta wasn't buried in Lagos but he knows categorically that business profile is higher here in Lagos than Ibadan. You can as well get one of the potable Ford and reduce the believed stress.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Femtopford:
Egunmogaji quite a long time, I believe your brother's placenta wasn't buried in Lagos but he knows categorically that business profile is higher here in Lagos than Ibadan. You can as well get one of the potable Ford and reduce the believed stress.
,Ford Focus
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bossforeva:
,Ford Focus

No offense Sir but first of all you won't catch me in a Ford as my automotive palate is more developed than that and if I would buy a Ford for whatever reason then it certainly won't be a POS like a Locust.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

No offense Sir but first of all you won't catch me in a Ford as my automotive palate is more developed than that and if I would buy a Ford for whatever reason then it certainly won't be a POS like a Locust.
lolz.. Hope femtopford is seeing this. Anyway u gotta have some respect for ford fusion, Shelby mustang and ford raptor.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Femtopford(m): 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
Honorable Egunmogaji, i have a cogent believe that one of this days you will be the greatest ambassador of Ford. Let's consider Ford escape vs Toyota Rav4 with same year model of which we can say they are compeer with same depreciation, bought same time and cruise equally in same remote area where the roads are very bad. After 2 years you will find out that the Rav4 would have become scattered. Bossforever has really enjoyed the goodies in Ford.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Femtopford:
Honorable Egunmogaji, i have a cogent believe that one of this days you will be the greatest ambassador of Ford. Let's consider Ford escape vs Toyota Rav4 with same year model of which we can say they are compeer with same depreciation, bought same time and cruise equally in same remote area where the roads are very bad. After 2 years you will find out that the Rav4 would have become scattered. Bossforever has really enjoyed the goodies in Ford.

Nah...won't happen.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bossforeva:
lolz.. Hope femtopford is seeing this. Anyway u gotta have some respect for ford fusion, Shelby mustang and ford raptor.

No respect, none.

But to each his own.

The only Fords of interest are classic Fords and heavily modified race Fords.

No interest in Locust, Shelby or otherwise. None.

Pic1 - my wife entering my brothers boss 302
Pic2 - I'm the one driving the Ford F250
Pic3 - an award winning race car.

Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

No respect, none.

But to each his own.

The only Fords of interest are classic Fords and heavily modified race Fords.

No interest in Locust, Shelby or otherwise. None.

Pic1 - my wife entering my brothers boss 302
Pic2 - I'm the one driving the Ford F250
Pic3 - an award winning race car.

Not even Mustangs?
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Femtopford(m): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thanks goodness, we are starting from somewhere, if you are not interested in fox and you wish to catch the Tiger then gradually you will learn to like the Fox.
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
mufutau55:

Not even Mustangs?

None.

I like classic imports grin
Re: The Agony Of Owning A Car In Lagos by Femtopford(m): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
Alright sir, we shall persevere then watch and see

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Preference For Honda Accord 2008 Or Toyota Camry 2008 XLE, All V6. / Help My Acura Mdx Drive D Indicator Light Is Blinking / This HONDA Has No TRANSMISSION!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.