Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Who Is Radragan And What Does He Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Is Radragan And What Does He Do? (433 Views)

Delayed Payment Of Gratuity: What Does The Law Say? / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? / What Does Future Hold For Chartered Accountants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Radragan And What Does He Do? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Since I've been asked this question a handful of times since being on Nairaland, I thought it might be fun to answer by creating a thread about some of the questions I've received from other members. My hope is that it will allow more people to get to know me (in a way) without having to wait on me to return and respond to emails.

I will do my best to keep this thread updated daily with new and fresh content. I'm not sure where this will lead, but I'm hoping it will lead to something enjoyable, entertaining and engaging down the road.

To start, I though I would offer a simple background information.

I'm an entrepreneur and make the most of my money from online businesses and training courses, as well as investing in stocks and small businesses. I spend most of my time online, teaching people how to make money, grow their websites and blogs, or launch their web stores. In the past I was always opposed to teaching and mentoring, but seeing how I am able to contribute something good and make a positive impact on people's lives, I LOVE IT! It's a good feeling to know that you're helping someone get ahead in life. smiley

I started my first business when I was 19, designing websites. I was not very good, but with lots of time and practice, I became better and eventually was able to earn a modest income from it. Within 4 years, I'd managed to start a small web design firm with 4 designers. At the same time, I also began building an online storefront called, Media Mecca. It sold movies, music and video games. The store was profitable within a few months after launching it on Amazon. I later moved everything to my own storefront because Amazon's fees were eating into my profits.

My latest project is called North of Zero, and it's the one I most often talk about on Nairaland and other forums. My goal is to make North of Zero one of Africa's premier websites for learning how to build successful online businesses, blogs and websites. It's a very bold and large dream, but I'm confident I can make it a reality with enough hard work and determination. Not to mention investment and connections. (No man succeeds it entirely alone.)

There is a lot more to my story, but I didn't want to make this one long boring thread about my past experience. As time progresses, I will share more of my background and story.
Re: Who Is Radragan And What Does He Do? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
What do you actually do all day in your job?
Every day is different. I am constantly creating, whether that be for my own blog, email lists, and social networks; or my businesses like North of Zero -- a collection of online trainings and email series that help people build more profitable and successful websites and online businesses; NOZ Publishing, were I self publish all of my ebooks and material; and The Christina Foundation, a spiritual and self-help based organization that helps people work through their emotional and spiritual problems as they relate to career and work. I'm also working on Loft, a community and teaching website where beginning investors learn how to successful trade the stock market.

How many hours do you sleep?
3-4 hours. I've been told I should sleep more, but I personally find it a waste. I've found that when you eat, diet and exercise regularly, my body requires less sleep because I'm more energized. But everyone is different. Some need more, and some need less. It just depends on our lifestyle.

What do you eat for breakfast?
I have a HORRIBLE habit of not eating breakfast, and when I do it's usually late. Mostly, I'll have a protein, oatmeal shake in the mornings. But on the mornings I do eat, I'll usually have a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit, eggs and bacon.

If you could pitch to one person, who would it be?
Honestly, I have no idea. There are so many incredible people who've done so many different amazing things it's hard to nail down just one. On top of that, I've never really thought about it. I will have to get back to you on this one.

What's on your homescreen?
On my desktop it's a picture of a Maserati Quattroporte. It's my dream car. Someday I'll have one. smiley

How often do you exercise?
Hardly ever. I used to exercise twice a day, but right now I barely exercise twice a week. And it's starting to show. I hate that.

What app can't you live without?
Evernote. I have so many ideas and thoughts it would be hard to keep track of everything without it.

What's your favorite city?
Chicago. You get the feel of New York without the immense size. But someday I would love to live in the Big Apple with an apartment overlooking Central Park. Wishful thinking, but it's better to dream big than not at all.

What are you reading right now?
I just picked up a copy of Tribal Leadership by Dave Logan, John King and Halee Fischer-Wright. It's about building groups and teams within an organization. It's research for a project I'm launching next year. wink

Best piece of advice you've been given?
Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. A lot of people have dreams, but they never do anything to work towards, and when moments arise where the opportunities arise, they often find themselves unable to pursue them because they are not prepared. And the reason they were not prepared is because they spent more time wishing and hoping than working. For example, I spent the past 2 years blogging and learning to make money with a blog because I knew one day, I wanted to be able to teach others how to supplement their incomes through the Internet. I shared these thoughts with my readers, an opportunity arose where I was offered money to teach them how to blog, and I accepted. The training was successful, and because of it, I am working on a new and larger platform. I was lucky enough to attract such readers to my blog, but had I not invested the time to learn how to profit from a blog, I would have missed the opportunity.

Always be prepared for the things and opportunities you want.

What keeps you up at night?
Besides my own brain, my computer. More specifically, the notifications for new messages to my inbox.

If you could tell your 18-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
To be more cautious with early investments, but to continue down the path you are on. The beginning of my entrepreneur and investing career was rough because I was trying to learn and do so much at the same time. I made lots of mistakes and lost a great deal of money in that learning processes. So I would tell my younger self to be more cautious, but no less courageous.

I will post more questions later.

(1) (Reply)

Sarkari Result | Sarkariresults / New Members Of The Change & Resolute All Youth (CRAY) / IMSU 2015/2016 Second Admission List Will Be Out soon. 07013984084

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.