Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript (1014 Views)

Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? / Were Can I Download Free Video Tutorials On Javascript Or Ruby / My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript by clevadani: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2015
My bosses in the house, I need your advice urgently.
I have been learning javascript for the past 6 months but it seems I haven't made any headway. Understanding it has been difficult for me.
How did you get to understand the language? Thanks for your advice.
Re: Javascript by Booyakasha(f): 5:59am On Oct 13, 2015
Goto http://gdevit.com bro, you'll get help & learn faster there.
Re: Javascript by thewebcraft(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2015
clevadani:
I have been learning javascript for the past 6 months but it seems I haven't made any headway. Understanding it has been difficult for me.
I didnt understand JavaScript by reading the book from cover to cover but I understood JavaScript better by practice e.g after knowing what a variable or function does, I used it to create a simple program. that's the best way to learn it, so I suggest you use that approach to save time.

1 Like

Re: Javascript by clevadani: 11:30am On Oct 13, 2015
thewebcraft:

I didnt understand JavaScript by reading the book from cover to cover but I understood JavaScript better by practice e.g after knowing what a variable or function does, I used it to create a simple program. that's the best way to learn it, so I suggest you use that approach to save time.
Thanks bro. What kind of programs do u advice me to create
Re: Javascript by thewebcraft(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2015
Well like a calculator, currency converter, quiz.. etc

1 Like

Re: Javascript by romme2u: 4:30am On Oct 16, 2015
u don't learn javascript alone but should be done with html and css. they are tripartite that must go together at least for a learner like u are.

this will enable u to use it in the web browser environment.

then like every other programmer, u write ur "hello world" program with what u have learnt.

voila!!!!!!! u have arrived, u can then call urself a programmer and continue the journey till death part u guys
Re: Javascript by GoodBoi1(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2015
romme2u:
u don't learn javascript alone but should be done with html and css. they are tripartite that must go together at least for a learner like u are.

this will enable u to use it in the web browser environment.

then like every other programmer, u write ur "hello world" program with what u have learnt.

voila!!!!!!! u have arrived, u can then call urself a programmer and continue the journey till death part u guys
I disagree
Re: Javascript by GoodBoi1(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2015
clevadani:
If you are serious, http://freecodecamp.com/map#basic-javascript
Re: Javascript by romme2u: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
GoodBoi1:

I disagree

well u can disagree to agree grin grin

like i keep on saying, there are thousand ways to the top of the mountain choose the one that fits u. undecided

1 Like

Re: Javascript by checkmateman: 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Javascript is nice just make sure that you practise along with it and I presume you know html and css before.

If you have prior experience in programming, that will help but if not codeacademy.com will help. I study javascript and after 2 weeks I use it to build a nice snake and ladder game

(1) (Reply)

School Management Online Application / Logical Math Question / Linux Video TRAINING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.