Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,887 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria (5878 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / 5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression / Pink-skinned People Love To Have Sex With Dogs - And Other Animals - In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by Davindal(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2015
HI! People.

I have been seeing a different shades of skin color variation on Nigerians; and I have been prompted to ask these simple questions:

1 What tribe or part(region) of the country(Nigeria) has on the average, light-skinned people?

2 What parts(regions) or tribes in Nigeria have mostly, dark-skinned people?

Note; when I said “Light-skinned” people, I didn't mean bleachers... I meant naturally light-skinned persons.

So never take bleachers into consideration.

Note again: tribal jingoist and verbal warlords..., please steer clear.
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by kunlesufyan(m): 8:26am On Oct 13, 2015
Igbos are the most light skinned people .....
Gbagyi tribe has more dark skinned

1 Like

Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by kikies(m): 8:30am On Oct 13, 2015
I think IBO.......n ijesa (osun state) women too
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2015
Easterners in fact Biafrans

1 Like

Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by sdavirus: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2015
Many Esans in Edo state are light skinned, prolly due to some of them, having known Portuguese heritage.

Fulanis and Igbos as well.

Highest concentration of dark people I've seen are Hausas and Ijaws.

Staying in Bayelsa or Kano for a week, you will understand why.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by softvio(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2015
I think its the Ibibio-Efik tribe

1 Like

Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2015
sdavirus:
Many Esans in Edo state ate light skinned, prolly due to some of them, having known Portuguese heritage.

Fulanis and Igbos as well.

Highest concentration of dark people I've seen are Hausas and Ijaws.

Staying in Bayelsa or Kano for a week, you will understand why.

You're right about Esans. In fact, I've seen some lightskinned girls from Uromi and Ekpoma who can pass for Cape Verdeans or mulatto looking Brazilians in my opinion. Also Ijaws have mixed looking people in the PH area like Okrika and Kalabari. And Itsekiri also have a link with the Portuguese like the Esans.
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by sdavirus: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2015
aim5:

You're right about Esans. In fact, I've seen some lightskinned girls from Uromi and Ekpoma who can pass for Cape Verdeans or mulatto looking Brazilians in my opinion. Also Ijaws have mixed looking people in the PH area like Okrika and Kalabari. And Itsekiri also have a link with the Portuguese like the Esans.

hmmm, you know your history....my mama is Itsekiri. Their heritage is reportedly a mixture of Benin, anglo-Scottish, some mixture with the yorubas from a certain region-can't remember where, and of cos, Portuguese ad you mentioned. Don Domingo, an Olu in the 17th century was the first known graduate....he attended universidade de coimbra in the same century, and his mum was Portuguese. That uni is the oldest, and still the highest ranked uni in Portugal...beat my universidade do Porto..

History is just beautiful....funny how we are all connected one way or the other too.
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
sdavirus:

hmmm, you know your history....my mama is Itsekiri. Their heritage is reportedly a mixture of Benin, anglo-Scottish, some mixture with the yorubas from a certain region-can't remember where, and of cos, Portuguese ad you mentioned. Don Domingo, an Olu in the 17th century was the first known graduate....he attended universidade de coimbra in the same century, and his mum was Portuguese. That uni is the oldest, and still the highest ranked uni in Portugal...beat my universidade do Porto..

History is just beautiful....funny how we are all connected one way or the other too.

True and there's even an area in Warri named Escravos if I'm not mistaken. The whole Niger Delta region from a heritage standpoint is interesting.
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by maestromedal(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
Calabar
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by HugoChavezJr(m): 3:41am On Oct 28, 2015
I believe the lightest skinned Nigerians are Fulanis, Shuwa Arabs, Efiks, Ibibios, Esans and Igbos.

1 Like

Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by sdavirus: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2015
aim5:

True and there's even an area in Warri named Escravos if I'm not mistaken. The whole Niger Delta region from a heritage standpoint is interesting.

You aren't mistaken, bro....you aren't.

Cheers to you
Re: What Region Has The Concentration Of Light-skinned People In Nigeria by reignpetee(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
I know of some areas in Edo state, Benin and Esans (Ekpoma and Uromi) to be precise, Fulanis, Ibibios and Ibos. The darkest are mostly Hausas, Ijaws, and some Ibo communities.

(1) (Reply)

Dowry Payment In Parts Of Nigeria / GENERAL ASORO {the Great Benin Warrior} / All You Must Know About Agwu - Spirit Of Divination, Healing, Mystic Powers....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.