Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Meaning To This Life - Give What Is To Caesar To Caesar & What Is To God To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meaning To This Life - Give What Is To Caesar To Caesar & What Is To God To God (1194 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Give To Caesar What Belongs To Caesar / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meaning To This Life - Give What Is To Caesar To Caesar & What Is To God To God by LookmanTalk: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2015
I am a bit confused about certain aspects of life as I have come across Islamic Clerics/Imams and also some men of God that acknowledge giving what is to Caesar to Caesar and what is to God to God.

They translate this to mean that for one to live a successful life on earth so that everything goes smoothly without attack from spiritual wolfs & predators, atonement to these ones (evil ones/the mamas that we do not see but see the works of their hands) need to be done from time to time and one can still continue to serve God. They say this means one's life easier.

I find it a bit confusing, is this what God says? Does that mean every successful person carries out this practice?

Please I will like to hear from Muslims, Christians and maybe traditionalist on NL if this is true. If you can, please share life experiences that may support or go against this practice.

May God speak here as we all contribute/comment and share our experiences. Thank you all in advance
Re: Meaning To This Life - Give What Is To Caesar To Caesar & What Is To God To God by Anas09: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
[Quote][/quote]@Ops
They translate this to mean that for one to live a successful life on earth so that everything goes smoothly without attack from spiritual wolfs & predators, atonement to these ones (evil ones/the mamas that we do not see but see the works of their hands) need to be done from time to time and one can still continue to serve God. They say this means one's life easier.

Except I don't understand you. Has anybody ever told you that give to ceasar what belongs to Ceasar means, you shd engage in idol rituals when the need arise while u r still a christian?
Pls go back to Matt22:17-21 and read it again.
First off, what prompted that statement?
Those who set out to trap Christ at all times came to him indirectly demanding for Tax. They thought because he was radical, preaching a message that seemed to oppose the elders, he won't pay tax. So he ask them to bring a coin. Question. What does a coin represent? Economy right? Is christ against our economic growth? No. So that why that statement was made.
Any christian, who lives in a society that runs on water, electricity, medicals, education, transportation and information but say, am not paying my tax because am a christian, is running contrary.
What Jesus means by that statement is, give to the Government the demands of the government (physical) and to God what belongs to God(spiritual). In clear Terms, seperate the church from the state(government).
The government can not ask its citizens to perform rituals to any god.
Pls Jesus did not mean that u shd serve God(yahwey) in the city but join ur folk to dance ur village masqurate during festivals. If u mix the two, you endanger ur life.
Difinition of Terms.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian And Christianity / Christians are not followers of Jesus / Good Babalawo Contacts Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.