Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 (22840 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Latest Addition To The Nigerian Music Scene, Godwin Jay Drops Club Banging Song / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by iamsodium(m): 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hmm
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by ummahmat(m): 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
i don see so?
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by miqos02(m): 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
good
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
Actually these are the biggest labels....
Nothing much.... undecided
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by knightwilliams(m): 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
see somting
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by odinese(m): 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
Square record and chocolate city is the sh!t
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Haba this list is not complete.. Were is my Lucky Okpa Record Label .. har its unfair oo
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Tundecool(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
RedCard1:
Where is Chocolate City? What of Legendary Beats? Marvins and FiveStar Music are so overrated. They churn out overrated craps.

Legendury Beatz is not a record label bro.
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Mufasa27(m): 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
Capital TRASH !!!
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
KENNIS,MOHITS,FIVESTAR ENT FOR MOI AND THE MEDIA PLATFORMS MTVB,SOUNDCITY DONE A GREAT JOB FOR ALL THESE RECORD LABELS
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by gbosky22(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
Omotayor123:
Mavins and Ybnl should be 1&2! They really make wave this year!
na left or right hand dem use wave?
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by darea18: 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
YBNL gat my Nigghor's there
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Mobskat(m): 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
Yess Better Like Exposing Them. this also relates to what i found Here few months Ago.
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by horlakitan565: 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Sweetheart no worry, maybe next year your label will make an impact in the industry.
.... Amen for u bro lipsrsealed
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by zubby29(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
pretty hausa babe u got some nice features lipsrsealed
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by antontech(m): 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
That daniel can laugh
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by MadCow1: 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
Shout out to record labels like

Kennis Music

and Premier Music..

bringers of artists like Ras Kimono, Tuface, African China and Marvellous Benji.. grin
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by inme: 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2015
@OP Take am easy ohhh.

If that picture on your profile is yours, hmmmmm

There is absolutely no relationship b/w your face and the rest of your body.

You borrow that face?

[s]From the little I can view, nice boobs though[/s]
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by cloud7: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
The influence under the review (2015) is understandable, but the general influence and inspiration in the Nigerian music scene were the defunct (Polygram) Premier Music and Tabansi Records.
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by gustav25: 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Maybe you should say "The Modern day Record label that influence Nigerian music" If not,kennis music should be 1st on that list,they influence nigerian music to where it is today.

Kennis
Trybesmen Records
Mo'hit
Chocolate city

before any other label comes in

mumu ....seems its now very difficult to read and understand
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
RedCard1:
Where is Chocolate City? What of Legendary Beats? Marvins and FiveStar Music are so overrated. They churn out overrated craps.
those label u call overrated are currently on top.
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by batulakarada: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ybnl was the best.
Godwin was the only hit mavins had this year
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by danbrowndmf(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
gustav25:
mumu ....seems its now very difficult to read and understand
it only stupid people that makes correction with insult.
If u ever quote me again sudden death shall locate you before this year runs out. AMEN!!!
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Honestly1: 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Where is P square records where is hyperteck record? You are joking if these are not on that list
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Legitbaba(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
Mavins Record - Formed in 2012,
the mavin group has unsurprisingly moved
its way to the top as the foremost music
group in the country. Headed by Donjazzy
and home to acts like Korede Bello,
Reekado Banks, Di'ja, D'Prince, Dr Sid, Tiwa
Savage and producers like Altims &
Babyfresh, the MAVINS has been the label
behind top hits like "Godwin" "Awww"
"Katapot" "Darling Darling" "Oga Titus"
which have all garnered huge success in
popularity and acceptance in the Nigerian
music scene of 2015. With notable
collaborations like "Gift(iyanya)" "I concur
(Timaya)" featuring Donjazzy, "Woju remix
(Kiss Daniels)" "Gbemileke(Skuki)" etc it is
not difficult to see why this label is one of
the most influential records on the
Nigerian Music scene for the year 2015 as
their artistes have made notable strides in
the industry.
Jantamanta make sense too
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by kentkayana(m): 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Good for them.. But me 2 na up coming seeking for hortest record label. Seriously not joking .
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Maybe you should say "The Modern day Record label that influence Nigerian music" If not,kennis music should be 1st on that list,they influence nigerian music to where it is today.

Kennis
Trybesmen Records
Mo'hit
Chocolate city

before any other label comes in

I was surprised not to see choc city

Prettyhausagirl
Mesa baki sa chocolate city ba undecided
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Dbisector(m): 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
YOUR OPINION
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
G-WorldWide Entertainment
This label was shot into the limelight this year after the huge success of its act Kiss Daniels' late 2014 released single "Woju" in the first quarter of 2015. With a star-studded remix which had A-listers Davido and Tiwa Savage on it, a street anthem was born, a 'banging' tune one could not easily hate and if "Woju" didn't hit it for anyone, "Laye" definitely did. Just like Davido, Kiss Daniels single-handedly put this label on the map this year and one can only see the future getting brighter for this label considering the talent of another of its acts- SugarBoy. Raba which is a collaborative effort between the aforementioned acts and DJ Shabsy is already a fan favourite and has hit it on certain charts this year and this gives the label the tag of one notable for a mention as an influential record label in the Nigerian music scene this year.

www.nairatunes..co.ke/2015/10/top-5-music-labels-that-influenced.html?m=1

(In Airforce1's voice): Working on a song. Will join you guys soon.
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
kentkayana:
Good for them.. But me 2 na up coming seeking for hortest record label. Seriously not joking .

Me too o. If you get, no forget me o. If I get, I no go forget you.
Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Abbey2sam(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
[size=38pt]YBNL, THE MOVEMENT[/size]

[size=38pt]BADOOO[/size]

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Music Labels That Influenced The Nigerian Music Scene In 2015 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
Am still waiting for a record label to sign me even if it's an upcoming record label as long as the are ready to do the promotion
my JIM JIM and BOUNCE both are doing great without label I have the two singles on 5 radio station I have gotten not less than 40k downloads

download it here
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041

and
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/18a38f55

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D'banj's Oyato: Hit Or Miss? / Efe - "Somebody" (Video) / Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.