Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. (1481 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
My little girl is 5, but she still wets the bed. Even though it hurts her each time she wakes up and find out that she wet the bed. I wake her up in the night to use the rest room. In a week she wets the bed twice. I want her to stop. Please any tips from mothers in the house.
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by Slimzjoe(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
You have to Keep waking her at Intervals at night....With Time, she'll Learn to wake by herself

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by ayotoyin(f): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
You should not allow her to be taking water late in the night before going to bed, allow her eat supper may be by 6;30pm, it helps a lot.
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ok thank you. But I have been waking her up. For like six months now, she doesn't still wake up herself to wee.
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by whirlwind7(m): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
ebyjoyken:
Ok thank you. But I have been waking her up. For like six months now, she doesn't still wake up herself to wee.

Take it easy. Depending on each child, time for adaptation varies. Be careful about putting pressure on her, because this could make it get worse. As previous replies rightly pointed out, important thing is to limit the amount of water she takes in the evening. Ensure she takes her dinner by or before 7pm, and she shouldn't be allowed to take any more liquids afterwards.

This means that you should ensure she drinks enough water in the morning and afternoons, to prevent her getting thirsty at night, and to prevent dehydration. Keep waking her to visit the bathroom at least once during the night. She will adjust with time. Never make her feel guilty or scold her too much over it. Kids self-guilt over bed wetting is enough punishment for them. They are not happy about it either.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
whirlwind7:

Take it easy. Depending on each child, time for adaptation varies. Be careful about putting pressure on her, because this could make it get worse. As previous replies rightly pointed out, important thing is to limit the amount of water she takes in the evening. Ensure she takes her dinner by or before 7pm, and she shouldn't be allowed to take any more liquids afterwards.

This means that you should ensure she drinks enough water in the morning and afternoons, to prevent her getting thirsty at night, and to prevent dehydration. Keep waking her to visit the bathroom at least once during the night. She will adjust with time. Never make her feel guilty or scold her too much over it. Kids self-guilt over bed wetting is enough punishment for them. They are not happy about it either.
thank you
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by GodnGold: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pls let her know you are not mad at her.A brother bedwetting till 15.Keep doing what you are doing.Patience is key here.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by JoyPaulLaw(m): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2015
Someone already mentioned it and I must say it works.... Ensure she eats her dinner latest by 6pm.
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by babythug(f): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2015
ebyjoyken:
My little girl is 5, but she still wets the bed. Even though it hurts her each time she wakes up and find out that she wet the bed. I wake her up in the night to use the rest room. In a week she wets the bed twice. I want her to stop. Please any tips from mothers in the house.

In addition to all the suggestions you can increase the no of times you take her to wee during the night. Its tough but will also help to stop bedwetting.
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by veave(f): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2015
ebyjoyken:

You started late...
Anyway now is still good time. Don't worry she would adjust. For the rest kids start from 22months
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by NwabuezeWini: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2015
U started very late for her. I stopped my son from wearing daiper at night wen he was a year and 10months. Just like they advised u don't allow her to drink water after 6pm and alwaz wake her up to wee wee every 2 or 3hrs at night. Don't wait for her to wake up herself. U can even do it till she is up to 10yrs so u don't av to complain that u are tired of waking her up cos that one of the price u av to pay as a mother
Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by Richiy(f): 11:46am On Oct 14, 2015
It is not yet a problem for now. Just keep waking the child up at intervals and regulating water intake.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My 5 Years Old Daughter From Bed Weting. by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 15, 2015
She should play less than usual also, cos most times they see it in their sleep peeing while playing just before it comes out and would think they are not on the bed. Hope this helps. Note, I don't mean depriving him/ her from playing ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Black People(bantus)-hebrew Israelites,inter-racial Marriage Is Not Good - / Surprise Your Kids With The Best Christmas Gifts Ever / Do You Regret Been Born?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.