Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Mathematics/computer Science Graduate - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mathematics/computer Science Graduate (1637 Views)

Is A Degree In Computer Science Still Worth It??? / For Computer Science Students / Which Nigeria University Are Good For Computer Science?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by Optimism2013(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hi.. am a graduate of Mathematics/Computer Science,
have little knowledge in VB, C# and currently am learning java.
i will appreciate if any one can hook me up with any good IT job.

Certification: Comptia A+, Certificate in BTS installation/Maintenance, Desktop publishing etc.
My Contact: 07032504069
Email: optilink2013@gmail.com
Re: Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by Sibrah: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
''So what can you do?''
Expect this question from the average IT Consultancy firm. Their service/product range includes and remains largely what you as a feild person can do, so get ready. Plus they will want to have someone who can do what the last person who occuppied that post could do. I noticed you said you have knowledge in VB, well i did have knowledge of Java and after employement with where i worked, they wanted me to program the very complex aspect of java i was trying to excuse myself from by stating ''basic knowledge of java OOP'' on my cv. Be careful!

2 Likes

Re: Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by Fulaman198(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
Optimism2013:

Certification: Comptia A+, Certificate in BTS installation/Maintenance, Desktop publishing etc.

Spend whatever free time you have on weekends/weekdays working on various programming projects and make yourself into the programmer you want to be/need to be.

3 Likes

Re: Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by yungcheda(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fulaman gave d best advice
Re: Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by mojeed4(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2015
Fulaman198:

Spend whatever free time you have on weekends/weekdays working on various programming projects and make yourself into the programmer you want to be/need to be.

where can one get such projects pls?
Re: Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by talk2hb1(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2015
Optimism2013:

Guy try hone your programming skill by having some real project experience under your belt (Portfolio) that will help you stand before Men (Employer) and demand any price as your past project will determine your income and even your future Job.
And again I observed you trying to learn Java when you can do a little C# ?
Why not build yourself on the C# skill and later pick on the Java stuffs later don't get carried away by too many language on CV

1 Like

Re: Mathematics/computer Science Graduate by Fulaman198(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
mojeed4:

where can one get such projects pls?

So many places online, have you seen this course yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkMDCCdjyW8&list=PL84A56BC7F4A1F852

Then you would also want to get a great programming book (there are many ebooks online for this).

(1) (Reply)

Development Of An Android Game Using Unity3d Engine / Learn Coding On Android Studio By Making Complete Apps! – Udemy / Problem With Php And Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.