Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

My Experience With Robbers Last Night - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Robbers Last Night (44974 Views)

Man Shot Dead In Kano Last Night While Driving In Honda Car With His Wife(photos / Landlord Dies Of Heart Attack During 7hr Ordeal With Robbers- Suspect (pic) / How Sharp Thinking Saved Me From Robbers Last Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Missali(f): 8:07am On Oct 14, 2015
At 11pm last night, I was awoken from sleep when I heard footsteps at the window. There is a curfew at 7pm and at that late hour, it is expected that people are in their various houses. This is not the fist time robbers have attempted to break into my house but this was intense.

I quietly got up from the sitting room floor I was laying on and moved to the bedroom to join my grandmother and baby cousin on the bed.
Gradually, the footsteps heightened and from the room window I could see men standing. My heart sank and I suddenly, I had a hard time breathing. My grandma tried to calm me down and it seemed to worsen.

I wasn't wearing any cloths and I usually sleep and thought of getting something to put on. These robbers sometimes rape girls and it doesn't help to be naked in the first place. That would cause some noise so I decided to forego the thought.

They started to spread out. A number of them moved the front and some went far out to the background. The ones at our window kept talking in whispers. I really couldn't fathom what they were saying as my heart was racing faster than I could ever imagine and suddenly I heard these words 'pass me my gun.'

I think I died! Immediately I turned into a prayer warrior, mumbling incoherently in whatever tongues I could speak. I asked God to forgive my sins, I thought of hiding under the bed or inside my grandmother's wardrobe. But what about her and my cousin of 4years?
I tapped grandma to tell her what I just heard and she assured me to keep calm, my cousin on the other hand was very much asleep. I instantly wished I could turn into a child and be unaware of what was going on in my surrounding.

Taking a pillow I covered my head and put a fingerin each ear. Their voices grew louder and just then, a dog started to bark. I have always hated that dog (and all dogs generally), but I think it helped us.It barked violently from a distance and seized a bit. Then resumed, this time even more and came towards our window, running and barking. I could hear the footsteps of the thieves fading as the dog got near and soon after, there was a heavy downpour; the kind that shook the place.

They went to other people's Windows and probably other compounds.The rate of robbery in some parts of Rivers State is becoming alarming. Needless to say, I am not sleeping at home tonight. Should my heart keep skipping this way, I may have hypertension before 20.

159 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by deewhone(f): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2015
Thank God 4 ur Dog

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by nas4q(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Hey ya, I understand how you feel

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by vani86: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2015
OP where in rivers did this happen?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Damoneybag(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2015
God's divine intervention. That's what I call it

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2015
Missali:
At 11pm last night, I was awoken from sleep when I heard footsteps at the window. There is a curfew at 7pm and at that late hour, it is expected that people are in their various houses. This is not the fist time robbers have attempted to break into my house but this was intense.

I quietly got up from the sitting room floor I was laying on and moved to the bedroom to join my grandmother and baby cousin on the bed.
Gradually, the footsteps heightened and from the room window I could see men standing. My heart sank and I suddenly, I had a hard time breathing. My grandma tried to calm me down and it seemed to worsen.

I wasn't wearing any cloths and I usually sleep and thought of getting something to put on. These robbers sometimes rape girls and it doesn't help to be naked in the first place. That would cause some noise so I decided to forego the thought.

They started to spread out. A number of them moved the front and some went far out to the background. The ones at our window kept talking in whispers. I really couldn't fathom what they were saying as my heart was racing faster than I could ever imagine and suddenly I heard these words 'pass me my gun.'

I think I died! Immediately I turned into a prayer warrior, mumbling incoherently in whatever tongues I could speak. I asked God to forgive my sins, I thought of hiding under the bed or inside my grandmother's wardrobe. But what about her and my cousin of 4years?
I tapped grandma to tell her what I just heard and she assured me to keep calm, my cousin on the other hand was very much asleep. I instantly wished I could turn into a child and be unaware of what was going on in my surrounding.

Taking a pillow I covered my head and put a fingerin each ear. Their voices grew louder and just then, a dog started to bark. I have always hated that dog (and all dogs generally), but I think it helped us.It barked violently from a distance and seized a bit. Then resumed, this time even more and came towards our window, running and barking. I could hear the footsteps of the thieves fading as the dog got near and soon after, there was a heavy downpour; the kind that shook the place.

They went to other people's Windows and probably other compounds.The rate of robbery in some parts of Rivers State is becoming alarming. Needless to say, I am not sleeping at home tonight. Should my heart keep skipping this way, I may have hypertension before 20.

Please what area of Port Harcourt is this?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Gabrielwilliams(m): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2015
I think you should start liking dogs now. I haf a Rott n mehn... Those tins could be mean to intruders. Thank God. N.B start famzing with dat dog

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Chidexter(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ha, Just thank God, and o'course the dogs later,(could give them a treat).

You couldnt hear what the robbers where mumbling but you were able to hear when one said pass me the gun.
Its funny how our mind and senses plays tricks on us, imagine under such intense atmosphere.

All the more reason, why a dog is man's best friend.
If it were a cat, i'm sorry you might very likely have been robbed. Wetin cat fit do? Meow like 2-3 times? Or just waka pass the thieves go find rat wey him go kill dat night?. Mtcheww.

N:B: To a Dog, You're a Master. To a Cat, You're just a Staff.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Chidexter(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
mikeujoel:

Please what area of Port Harcourt is this?

So you had to quote the whole text, just to ask this?. undecided

Meanwhile: Lalasticlala fp straight, food don land

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Is good to be matured. See your grandma qualities & see your own.

Always learn from her and trust God.

Thank God for using your enemy (the dog) to perform miracle.

God is all knowing

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Jonathan sef grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by damton(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
b
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by buzquet(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
@OP, for ur mind nw, u go dey call ur self a man? U can't even protect ur self talkless of ur family
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Yinkahlite(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
God loves you.
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by ShakurM(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
You won't sleep at home keh, ur grannie and beloved cousin nkor?? God would protect us all o, do your part by ensuring necessary security measures and feed the dog very well

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Dandeson1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
.what.is.actually. the.essence. of.this.post.grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by lyntech: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Missali:

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
NOLLYWOOD

sad
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by efilefun(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Could remember the last time those idiots visited our neighbors when i was very young, when they were leaving they stopped by popc's window to tell him our house was next. Every night was spent in a hotel for almost a month before those criminals were caught by vigilante.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by menix(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
All these were happening and grand mum was not bothered..

I wish I had that kind of Grand mother, my spiritual life would have made me a president..

Even imagine, all this while they entered ur compound the dog did not surface until they were called spiritually..

Sister ur Grand mum is African Khalesi..

U sleep nude bah, u must have a spiritual husband..

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Richie0974: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
lipsrsealed

The Dog acted as the Guardian Angel

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by shegelu: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
wow

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Owk

Thank God for ur life
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by free2ryhme: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
It is well with you ooo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by OCTAVO: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Woww.. Serious
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by chelseaboi(m): 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
U shld thank God for his love and grace toward us

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Thank God for your life

While others work hard, leave home by 5am to return by 9, some derive joy in robing others of their earnings and later blame it on various circumstances.

Anyway, its all ending soon. Each to give account of life spent on earth

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Sweetyie(f): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
I pray I don't have any experience with robbers. Op this ur story shouldn't make me dream of them oh

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by allanphash7(m): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
I wish i could turn to a baby got me laughing

It is well my sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Omotayor123(f): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Getting robbed has always been a terrible experience

I had choose dying ten times over than experience robbery.. The memory of it often bring shiver. *Talking from Experience*

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
Missali:

Where in PH?
Re: My Experience With Robbers Last Night by VickyRotex(f): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Thank God for your dog.

I understand how you feel. Try to sleep, and worry not. You'll be fine.

When I had an encounter with armed robbers on the road, it took me about 3 weeks to sleep well.

It wasn't easy.

Artistree:
Op, please don't mind these members asking where you stay in PH, I mean what is the essence of the question? Were you the three musketeers that went to the area? Even armed robbers sef are either guests or members on NL, so answering that question is at your own risk.

May wisdom never elude you. My thoughts exactly!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Accountant Stabbed By His Turkish Boss In Osun State. Photos / Cleaner Steals $2600 From His Boss & Was Caught. See How He Shared The Money / Mob Beat Armed Robbers In Fadeyi Lagos Today (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.