Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! (1891 Views)

Jim Iyke Shows Off His Brand New Tear Rubber Fiancee, Sends Warning To Haters / I Made A Huge Mistake Marrying The Wrong Woman-2shotz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:58am On Oct 14, 2015
Well I was quite young when I was fascinated with most beautiful girl in Nigeria until I became an adult:
I started wondering; what is the big deal about MBGN anyway?
What impact does it have for the common woman (man)
Why do the women look more like African/American, African/European than Nigerians

The 3rd question got me more pissed than the rest because left to me if I was president (wishful thinking, lol) I would've scrap MBGN altogether because it’s baseless, degrading (since Africans are supposed to cover their unclothedness) and misleading. Let me state the issues I find disturbing

1 - WEIGHT * now naturally our African (in this case Nigerian) woman is supposed to be plumy to express the healthy woman, with curves in the right places, but what I see on the MBGN program is skinny girls (am not hating o, In fact am skinny thanks to owu, lol) just the way the Europeans /westerners portray their women as skinny and sexy. WHY can't we define our own beauty without the western portrayal of beauty?
It doesn't make sense and with these (forget Agbani Darego) we don't have our identity as a nation.

2 - COMPLEXION * you know that I know that we all know, when you say 'AFRICAN PERSON' the first thing that comes to mind is a black person, not yellow (like miss universe from Calabar. By the way congrats to her) or mixed race. We are black! Save for the people (who are few) that are light skinned and then we have the albinos but they are everywhere. We need to identify our natural color with pride.

3 – HAIR * now I have never in my entire life come across any black lady, both here in Nigeria or television with real Brazilian, Chinese, or Caucasian hair. For goodness sake how low in esteem can we get. Ok I get it’s a personal choice, but you can’t bring your personal choice of fakeness (no offence, but biatch it aint your hair, duh!) to a programme that has to do with your heritage. What happened to nappy afro looks? What happened to Shuku, Didi, even Thread? Are we saying we cannot be creative with our local styles we can’t sell to the world at large?

Maybe am speaking gibberish to those who have accepted defeat….. Sorry the norm of artificiality, of dancing in traditional clothes with Peruvian hair, speaking foney when other countries like france will manage to speak english without faking the knowledge Its not her primary language (biko speak lay English you learnt from your public school let’s know against all odds (like me, lol) can come out to say we can express ourselves, you are portraying a lady that hasn’t left the country.
I won’t put all the blame on our contestants, NO NO NAH! I would blame the sponsors and the host for encouraging and even enforcing the idea of artificiality.
We can’t be screaming “AM BLACK AND PROUD!!!” and expect races/countries to take us serious because we are not serious about ourselves
Just a thought though.
Later.

3 Likes

Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by braine(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2015
You have a point. All these you talked about are as a result of the influence of the west and our newfound 'copy copy' nature. I wouldn't mind a slim and dark bae with good hair tho. wink
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2015
braine:
You have a point. All these you talked about are as a result of the influence of the west and our newfound 'copy copy' nature. I wouldn't mind a slim and dark bae with good hair tho. wink

WHAT IS GOOD HAIR?
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by braine(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2015
K9blunt:

WHAT IS GOOD HAIR?

like you described, hair that is good to the eye, aka presentable hair.

1 Like

Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2015
braine:

ok , thanks
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 14, 2015
nice piece

1 Like

Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by WillyWest: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2015
*claps* I totally appreciate your line of thought, however its the system that we need to change entirely and MBGN is just a segment of it. Africans have been made for centuries to see themselves as inferior. We copied the foriegn form of government, form of communication and language, form of dressing, definition of beauty and even their God, yet we wonder why we are so backwards, in / out of crises and derided by the commitee of nations Africans need to go back to being Africans or at least redefine themselves.

All of these are summed up in one word "NEGRITUDE".

Its so painful when they teach us Mungo Park discovered the Niger when our ancestors have been fishing there for centuries, or how many pple know of "Nsibidi" (permit my spelling) the indigineous writting system of the Igbos, complete with unique letters or characters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by stefanweeks: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2015
No b today

Nigerians have got copy copy syndrome

They wanna be like the whites esp the ladies

I just wanna be me, you know

Pardon my american slangs *wanna, you know*

they r ropping me in hommie

1 Like

Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by PunterTim(m): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
nice piece
Replied
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
PunterTim:
Replied
hi...what? i don't get u...
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by PunterTim(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
hi...what? i don't get u...
Replied,Ur Mail
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
PunterTim:
Replied,Ur Mail
..where? can't access pm..forgot the acct and password attached to nairaland
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by PunterTim(m): 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
..where? can't access pm..forgot the acct and password attached to nairaland
U Sent Wit An Alternative Acct,Rmbr
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
PunterTim:
U Sent Wit An Alternative Acct,Rmbr
not me..there must be a misunderstanding/someone else sent you a message..I have no alternate account/ moniker than this very BlaqCoffee109..I hope dem bad guys are not at work..lmao..in any case what's going on?..for now don't send pm,its no use..I cant access them,i don't read them..i only get notification and I havent got any from you
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by PunterTim(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
not me..there must be a misunderstanding/someone else sent you a message..I have no alternate account/ moniker than this very BlaqCoffee109..I hope dem bad guys are not at work..lmao..in any case what's going on?..for now don't send pm,its no use..I cant access them,i don't read them..i only get notification and I havent got any from you
Hahagrin,Hav U Been Hacked...

Dnt Drop Num Online,Wuld Hav Dropped Mine...

Anyway,Hw Are You Today
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
PunterTim:
Hahagrin,Hav U Been Hacked...

Dnt Drop Num Online,Wuld Hav Dropped Mine...

Anyway,Hw Are You Today
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by PunterTim(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
am great! u?
Im Fun
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by RedCard1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Baseless post. The number one is the worst of it all.
Fat is unhealthy be it African or American. As for complexion, I don't give a damn about it. Black or white, beauty is beauty.
The only problem I have with MBGN is that they are too corrupt. They give the crown to the most connected contestant and that's why the likes of Isabella Ayuk, Silvia Nduka, Anna Banner, etc were able to beat other better contestants.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by K9blunt(f): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
RedCard1:
Baseless post. The number one is the worst of it all.
Fat is unhealthy be it African or American. As for complexion, I don't give a damn about it. Black or white, beauty is beauty.
The only problem I have with MBGN is that they are too corrupt. They give the crown to the most connected contestant and that's why the likes of Isabella Ayuk, Silvia Nduka, Anna Banner, etc were able to beat other better contestants.

fat is not unhealthy, rather too much fat results in one being over weight hence, unhealthy. I merely said curvy shaped women, not skinny ladies that looks like they hadn't had proper food for a whole month

my dear beauty yes is beauty, if not MBG would not be in vogue in the world.

at the last you're right.

in conclusion....................... my baseless points is your opinion anyway.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by OkekeChristian(m): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
K9blunt:
Well I was quite young when I was fascinated with most beautiful girl in Nigeria until I became an adult:
I started wondering; what is the big deal about MBGN anyway?
What impact does it have for the common woman (man)
Why do the women look more like African/American, African/European than Nigerians

The 3rd question got me more pissed than the rest because left to me if I was president (wishful thinking, lol) I would've scrap MBGN altogether because it’s baseless, degrading (since Africans are supposed to cover their unclothedness) and misleading. Let me state the issues I find disturbing

1 - WEIGHT * now naturally our African (in this case Nigerian) woman is supposed to be plumy to express the healthy woman, with curves in the right places, but what I see on the MBGN program is skinny girls (am not hating o, In fact am skinny thanks to owu, lol) just the way the Europeans /westerners portray their women as skinny and sexy. WHY can't we define our own beauty without the western portrayal of beauty?
It doesn't make sense and with these (forget Agbani Darego) we don't have our identity as a nation.

2 - COMPLEXION * you know that I know that we all know, when you say 'AFRICAN PERSON' the first thing that comes to mind is a black person, not yellow (like miss universe from Calabar. By the way congrats to her) or mixed race. We are black! Save for the people (who are few) that are light skinned and then we have the albinos but they are everywhere. We need to identify our natural color with pride.

3 – HAIR * now I have never in my entire life come across any black lady, both here in Nigeria or television with real Brazilian, Chinese, or Caucasian hair. For goodness sake how low in esteem can we get. Ok I get it’s a personal choice, but you can’t bring your personal choice of fakeness (no offence, but biatch it aint your hair, duh!) to a programme that has to do with your heritage. What happened to nappy afro looks? What happened to Shuku, Didi, even Thread? Are we saying we cannot be creative with our local styles we can’t sell to the world at large?

Maybe am speaking gibberish to those who have accepted defeat….. Sorry the norm of artificiality, of dancing in traditional clothes with Peruvian hair, speaking foney when other countries like france will manage to speak english without faking the knowledge Its not her primary language (biko speak lay English you learnt from your public school let’s know against all odds (like me, lol) can come out to say we can express ourselves, you are portraying a lady that hasn’t left the country.
I won’t put all the blame on our contestants, NO NO NAH! I would blame the sponsors and the host for encouraging and even enforcing the idea of artificiality.
We can’t be screaming “AM BLACK AND PROUD!!!” and expect races/countries to take us serious because we are not serious about ourselves
Just a thought though.
Later.

Do we still have girls who think like this in Nigeria?
I love this piece. Tsk.
Bia, ihe a bu kopi and pesti...

Where did you copy it from?
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by faith551(m): 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
The thing tire me ooo, I swear.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by tpiander: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by tpiander: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
braine:

this:

Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by braine(m): 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
tpiander:

this:

Yes, you gorrit.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by tpiander: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
The hair is fine.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by K9blunt(f): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2015
tpiander:

this is good hair:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-kbzluZevAQM/UUoCTk-gBaI/AAAAAAAAAi4/n4gQkz-4ZnA/s500/indian.jpg[/img]

if I use my ;eft hand to slap your right cheek eh!

you will change that pic to African nappy hair. grin

we need help.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by OkekeChristian(m): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
tpiander:

this is good hair:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-kbzluZevAQM/UUoCTk-gBaI/AAAAAAAAAi4/n4gQkz-4ZnA/s500/indian.jpg[/img]

This is demonic and ( I confess) scary. shocked
NO ONE close to me would do this!
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by tpiander: 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
K9blunt:

if I use my ;eft hand to slap my right cheek eh!

I will change that pic to African nappy hair. grin

we need help.

go ahead.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by tpiander: 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
OkekeChristian:

This is demonic and ( I confess) scary. shocked
NO ONE close to me would do this!

it's considered good hair because of the length and quality.
Re: Mbgn , The Wrong Message It Sends!!! by OkekeChristian(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
tpiander:

it's considered good hair because of the length and quality.

Alright. Your opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: See As Davido Takes His Garri / I Am Not The Biological Father Of That Baby – Nollywood Actor, Chinedu Ikedieze / See Hilarious IG Tribute To Tiwa Savage's Fart (photos & Reactions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.