Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,203 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

LASTMA, Ambode And Lagos Traffic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / LASTMA, Ambode And Lagos Traffic (591 Views)

Youths Do Photoshoot In Lagos Traffic After Being Stuck For 5 Hours / Man Surprises LASTMA Official With Hamper In Lagos (Photo) / Bus Driver Strips Unclad As LASTMA Officials Try To Tow His Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LASTMA, Ambode And Lagos Traffic by everrichy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
From what I think, it's seems the Lagos traffic that has recently returned is a deliberate attempt by the LASTMA officials to undermine the authority of Governor Ambode. For me personally, I'm happy about the ban not to seize/impound vehicles from motorist because I have been a victim of that.
The Friday to the week the announcement was made by the governor, I parked my car properly in one of the car parks in Oshodi. Unfortunately, my car was exactly a week old that day and I have used this said car park numerous times without any incidence.
However, they showed up suddenly with a Police squad and I was arrested along with another man for illegal parking.
Now the arrest wasn't really an issue, but the untold hardships I had to go through before I got my car back. First of all, I was booked twice for the same offence. This amounted to #40,000 instead of #20,000.
Still, it didn't end there. I had to pay extra #15,000 for tax clearance, demurrage, and to gauge the deflated tires.
It wasn't an easy experience because I had to run around to borrow money because of the daily increase of the demurrage.
I got the car out on Monday while the announcement was made on Thursday for people to go and pick up their seized vehicles.
It was a very painful experience because I'm yet to pay back the #55k I borrowed.
But it's still a relief that my car won't be booked again, at least for now.
However, the traffic? Really unbearable.
I just hope solution is found ASAP.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Flaws Of Nairaland. Come In. / Which Account Does The Money Police Collect For Bail Enter. / How 2 Take Care Of Your Vagina 2 Avoid Smell, On Abnormal Discharge!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.