Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Greatest Travel Fears And How I Solved Them - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Greatest Travel Fears And How I Solved Them (717 Views)

Singapore's Changi Airport, Inside The World's Greatest Airport(Photos) / Which Of These Is The Greatest Menace For Nigerian Road Users? / Top 10 Most Feared Forests In Nigeria Even Government Fears To Enter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Greatest Travel Fears And How I Solved Them by adjain(m): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
[img]http://mcgarnagle.files./2011/10/vlcsnap-00125.jpg?w=640&h=480[/img]

Due to the nature of my job, I tend to have to travel a lot, which is quite unfortunate. I am 6'2 and I hate cramped space. Apart from being slightly claustrophobic, sitting for a long time in a confined space will inevitably stop the blood flow to my legs and give me pins and needles.

Anyway. I am always afraid of being robbed - especially on that Benin/Ore road at night. See, I am also terrified of my vehicle breaking down unexpectedly and making me susceptible to highway dangers and missing my appointment.

The list goes on, guys!

So recently I have started writing a list of my travel fears and how I solved them and I would be glad if you can suggest tips you have used for your own travel fears.

1. Blood flow stops to my legs after a while on the bus: I have learned to ONLY sit in front on buses. This means that I usually have to arrive at the park very early so that if I can't make the front seat on the first bus, I take the next one - without fear of running late.

2. Fear of being stranded on the road: Before travelling, I load my phone lines (I have three phones) with recharge cards so that I increase my chances of having internet connectivity no matter where I am in the country. I have sometimes visited [url]Hotels.ng[/url] and booked an emergency room while on a journey. Sometimes, however, where even data connection cannot be found, I just call their customer care agent on 0814 880 8800 and each time I receive great services. Nowadays I feel happier travelling with the knowledge that I can just book a room with them no matter where I am and they'll guide me to the nearest place to sleep.

3. Fear of robbers: I admit, I haven't figured this one out completely (help, anyone?) but I have the emergency numbers of the police stations along my route. I was robbed once but couldn't call the numbers in time (although I also suspect that even if I had called, they wouldn't have gotten to me on time.)

Do you have any tips to share,Nairalanders? Please share.
Re: My Greatest Travel Fears And How I Solved Them by alonzoiv(m): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
An educative piece
Re: My Greatest Travel Fears And How I Solved Them by Kingspin(m): 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Good write up
Re: My Greatest Travel Fears And How I Solved Them by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Advertising hotels.ng. I see you bro.

(1) (Reply)

5 Amazing Things That Can Only Happen In Abuja / Details : Bus Carrying Students Crashes In Enugu,3 Dead, 11 Wounded (photos) / Visitors Visa Denied- Urgently Need Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.