Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

The Record Label That Catches Your Fancy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Record Label That Catches Your Fancy (411 Views)

Skiibii Dumps 5 Star Music Record Label, To Launch His Own Label With New Music / Cardi B Enters The Record Books As Bodak Yellow Tops Billboard Hot 100 / Vector Did Not Break The Record Of The Longest Freestyle By An African Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Record Label That Catches Your Fancy by henry255: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Music in Nigeria is taking a different shape and a speedy turn with different record labels competing for relevance.

As it is, for me it is quite difficult to choose the best to top my list perhaps I have picked my record label if i'm opportune to picked out my best and the one I wish to be assigned to.

Meanwhile here is my worst labels
1.FIVE STAR: with the likes of k cee, harrysong and the resurrected skiibii, using pranks and publicity stunt gimmicks to be on the news. I don't fancy the label even one bit.

2. HKN: despite Davido's successful music journey so far, I don't crave for them. There seem to be no atom of creativity, poor vocal performance, just to mention but a few.
Danagog, Sina Rambo etc as label mates, nothing to write home about. So for me, they need to work more esp in their label admin.

This is my chronology for top 5

1. MARVIN crew: it's a label for exploration. Their Success is like an infectious disease that despite ones little growth, the success of another is revealed even at the others shortcomings. Eg D prince.

2.YBNL: popularly known as a label for the yorubas and they keep their flow and it works perfectly for them.

3.MMMG: I love this label because they have always been up to something good. Just as we were dancing to 'applaudise', Duro came on board. Big ups to them.

4.CHOC BOIZ: this is western rap crew although some new arts have been signed with versatility boiling in their flows. I like their pace and the label speaks of maturity.

5.SQUARE records:

You might be wondering why square records appeared as the last on my list. It becos they never extended their several years of success into raising other young vibrant talents in the scene.

how would your own list be like?

Include yours if it's omitted
Re: The Record Label That Catches Your Fancy by Awesomeking: 6:33am On Oct 15, 2015
Honestly those labels are already made up and succesful,i like to give my attention to underground artists and labels

no1-CHEDDAH MUSIC-label my mo cheddah,started after she came back with that banging single with phyno

no2-kaftan music Gang-label by naeto c,signed artists BOJ and ajebutter,thes two guys do basically alternative music and every song they churn out makes a whole lotta sense

no3-northside inc-though cynthia morgan is the only signed artist that has aquired fame,its pretty obvious the label chose her right because they signed her immediately after her song kuchi kuchi blew up,so am certain they will choose another artist just like her soon..

(1) (Reply)

A Song By A Nairaland / Groove Mixtape: Dameelare BLOG Party Mix Titled Groove Unlimited / Please How Can I Promote My Music On Radio Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.