Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. (9970 Views)

How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why / Some Whatsapp Rules For Nigerians / How To Function In A Whatsapp Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by Panelbeater(m): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2015
Edit· Delete
Falemara Paul Bidemi
6 RULES OF CREATING A WHATSAPP GROUP....
Often times I have observed a nauseating trend of people creating a whatsapp group,proceeding to add people to this groups, then they suddenly go blank, worst still, some would starting threatening to remove people from such groups, who cares??
1. NEVER CREATE A GROUP WITHOUT A SET OBJECTIVE:
Yes, the law of attraction is applicable in this scenario, it's your passion and vibrancy that will set the ball rolling in such groups.
Is your objective to re-connect with old classmates, to talk about love and relationship, leadership and internship e.t.c. Let the purpose be defined, don't just create a whatsapp group and go blank, it is offensive....
2. BRIEF LIKELY PARTICIPANTS BEFORE ADDING THEM...
Yeah, how would you feel to wake up one morning only to start receiving notifications from a group you know nothing of, annoying, right?
Please take your time to chat up potential participants about adding them to a particular group, explaining briefly the motive behind such group, then take time to hear them out. Some will consent to your invite, while others will turn down your request, don't feel bad, reason along with them as some might have issues with their battery afterall...
3..BE DEMOCRATIC.
I have belonged to some groups in the past where the moderator was calling the shots like the Idi Amin of Uganda, with time people would start feeling intimidated and poooah!!! the group goes into extinction.
Be democratic enough to appoint co-moderators, keep decisions open and let the voice of the major participants prevail while arriving at a conclusion...
4. NEVER REMOVE A MEMBER AND ALWAYS CHAT UP AN ABUSIVE MEMBER BEFORE DELETING HIM/HER...
Naturally someone like me love observing on the sidelines before making incursions into discussions and when I make contributions, the applausometer turns red..
A participant might not be able to contribute due to busy schedules or phone issues but you might be suprised that later on they would make the best contribution when they finally wake up from their slumber..
Change is the only constant factor in life, chat up with a cyber bully often on the possibility of him /her ammending his/her ways before deleting him/her..
Getting deleted can be quiet hurting at times...
5. BE INNOVATIVE AND DON'T FORCE EXITING MEMBERS..
Bring in new ideas to stir up members when it seems the room is getting cold and never force exiting members to stay by re adding them over and over.
6..HAVE DISCUSSION PERIODS
Damn'it, I hate my phone beeping at work or my battery getting drained from chat groups..
Mr Moderator Please 8pm to 10pm is good hour range to keep the room active, let there be guidelines...

Copied from the facebook timeline of:

'Falemara Bidemi'
‪#‎ Chronic‬Thinker..
Re: Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by kazzonline: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
Do u get paid while you are the admin of such group??
Re: Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by encryptjay(m): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Nutritious write up
Re: Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by Geofavor(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
on point op. some people start misbehaving when they have a little power. dem never even get real power for real life o. Na for ordinary watsapp.
can you imagine an admin of a group removed me suddenly, just cos I wasn't chatting a lot.
Re: Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
I think orosun need to see the lovely piece....
Re: Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
E geh one guy called FASH for one futa group like this... Guy, incase u dey here... U mumu o... Power drunk admin
Re: Rules For Creating And Moderating A Whatsapp Group.. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
Meanwhile... I don't like rules, I hate been in a group and the admin go dey tell me say my chats dey drain im ba3 (troway the fone inside kettle na) and e go come lay rules like when to chat or not... If you geh common sense you will know that been an admin aint an achievement

(1) (Reply)

Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) / 2 Ways To Call Someone That Blocked Your Phone Number / How To Use Your Full Picture As Your Whatsapp Dp Without Any App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.