Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet (3660 Views)

Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? / The Importance Of Fasting Tasu’a & Ashura (9th & 10th Muharram) / Let's Revive A Sunnah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
@Demmzy15, in sha Allah while I await your sincere responds, I like to add in line of this discussion something very similar to it in text, interpretation and understanding.

Hadith of "Quran and Sunnah"
Imam al-Bayhaqi (d. 458) records:

Abu 'Abd Allah al-Hafiz - Ismail b. Muhammad b. al-Fadl al-Sha'rani - my grandfather - Ibn Abi Uways - my father - Thawr b. Zayd al-Dayli - Ikrimah - Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with them both:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, delivered a sermon to mankind during the farewell Hajj, and said: "O mankind! I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it, you will never go astray: the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Prophet." {Sunan al-Kubrah (Makkah: Maktabah Dar al-Baz; 1414H) [annotator: Muhammad Abd al-Qadir 'Ata], vol.10, p.114, #20123}

Without a doubt, every single Sunni Muslim understand this riwayat to be a reference to both the Quran and the Sunnah together, that is, to love, respect, revere and FOLLOW both. The language expression is the same with Hadith Thaqalain, so why the double standards against Hadith Thaqalain, that only Quran is ordered to be follow and not the Ahl al-bayt?!

Unfortunately this hadith above of al-Bayhaqi has a DA'IF CHAIN, due to Ibn Abi Uways. Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar states:
Ismail b. Abd Allah b. Abd Allah b. Uways b. Malik b. Abi Amir al-Asbahi, Abu Abd Allah b. Abi Uways al-Madani: Sadiq (very truthful), he made mistakes in ahadith due to his memory {Taqrib al-Tahdhib (Beirut: Dar al-Maktabah al-Illmiyah; 2nd edition, 1415H) [annotator: Mustafa Abd al-Qadir A'ta], vol. 1, p.96, #461}

His memory crisis was very critical. Al-Hafiz writes further:
...I say: We recorded in Manaqib al-Bukhari (Merits of al-Bukhari) with a Sahih chain that Ismail gave his manuscript to him (i.e al-Bukhari) and allow him to select from it...Whatever al-Bukhari narrated from him was from the Sahih among his ahadith, because he (al-Bukhari) wrote (them) from his (i.e Ibn Uways) manuscripts. As such, nothing from his ahadith is accepted as a hujjah except what is in the Sahih (of al-Bukhari), due to the criticisms of al-Nasai and others against him - unless he has been seconded in it, in which case he is accepted as a support in it. {Hadi al-Sari Muqaddimah Fath al-Bari (Beirut: Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi; 1st edition, 1408H), p. 388}

Since the hadith of al-Bayhaqi is not from Sahih al-Bukhari, and Ismail is not seconded in it, then it is DA'IF without a doubt.

Sheik Ibn Baz (d. 1420H) also copies the hadith in his Majmu Fatawa al-Allamah 'Abd al-Aziz b. Baz, vol. 24, p. 182. In a rather weird move, Sheik says Al-hakim recorded it with good (jayyid) chain.

Here's Imam al-Hakim's record:

Abu Bakr Ahmad b. Ishaq al-Faqih - al-Abbas b. al-Fadl al-Asfati - Ismail - Abu Uways:

And Ismail b. Muhammad b. al-Fadl al-Sha'rani - my grandfather - Ismail - Abu Uways:

Thawr b. Zayd al-Dayli - Ikrimah - Ibn Abbas:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, delivered a sermon to mankind during the farewell Hajj, and said: "Verily, Shaytan has lost hope of being worshipped in your land. However, he is pleased to be obeyed in other than that from your despicable deeds. So, beware! O mankind! Verily, I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Prophet, peace be upon him.
{al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 1, p.161, #318 (Dar al-Haramayn, 1st edition, 1417H)}

A salafi scholar, Shaykh Muqbil (d. 1422H), writes while correcting both Imam al-Hakim (d. 403AH) and Sheik Ibn Baz (d. 1999) who graded the hadith as (authentic) documented in their various books, Shaykh Muqbil in his "Tahqiq of al- Mustadrak (of Imam al-Hakim) writes:

"It is a da'if hadith, because it is narrated through the route of Ismail ibn Abi Uways from his father, and there is criticism against both of them. Its shahid (witness) is narrated through the route of Salih ibn Musa al-Talihi, and he is matruk (rejected).”

Another well known Sunni hadith scientist, Sayyid Hassan al-Saqqaf express his concern angrily:

"As for the hadith {I have left over you ...the Book of God and my Sunnah} which people repeat among themselves, and which the lecturers quote on the pulpits, IT IS A FABRICATED, FALSE HADITH. It was fabricated by the Umayyads and their followers to turn people away from this sahih hadith about the offspring of the Prophet. So be very careful due to that! I have mentioned all its chains and exposed the liars and fabricators in its chains at the end of my book Sahih Sifat Salat al-Nabi, p.289

This da'if hadith can also be found in Al-Muwatta of Imam Malik, unfortunately, it has no Sanad.

Thanks for your time, once again. WA Salam alaykum.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2015
Reward of Mourning Hussein

In the book Fadail as-Sahabah of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal, vol. 2, p. 675, # 1154, there is this sahih Sunni hadith:

Narrated al-Rabi' b. Munzir:

Husayn b. 'Ali used to say: "Anyone whose eyes are filled with tears for our sake, or tears drop from his eyes for our sake, Allah the Almighty, the Most Glorious will reward him with the Paradise."

Link: http://islamport.com/w/ajz/Web/2294/1170.htm

The report has an absolutely sahih sanad.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2015
In Summary, There are Three views on Ashura:

1. Prophet fast and enjoyed the Muslims to do so because he saw and followed the Jews fasting, hadiths claim. How is this kind of hadith stand to reasoning when:
# {Allah warn the prophet never to follow the Jews and christian in their practices."} [Quran 2:120], {Allah testify that His prophet only follow and act on inspiration from His Lord}[sura Najm:1-5}

2. It is a day of joy, blessing and celebration because Allah blessed all of His Prophets on that day.

# {There is No basic evidence for this claim; and how was Muhammad, the leader of all Prophets, was blessed on that day if at all the claim was genuine?!}

3. It is a very sad day because the prophet's son, Hussein, and 73 of his household and loyalists were massacred on the plain of Karbala in the 61A.H, by the same followers who claimed to follow the Prophet.

# {Prophet weep profusely for this day before it even materialized, several hadith reported}

The choice is yours!!!
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
Would be nice to fast today and tomorrow.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
Empiree:
Would be nice to fast today and tomorrow.

With what Niyyat?!
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
AlBaqir:

With what Niyyat?!
Oh well, I am reffering to Ashura as Fasting is advocated in the month of Muharram. The Prophet is believed to have said: The best fasts after the fasts of Ramadan are those of the month of Muharram.” Although the fasts of the month of Muharram are not obligatory, yet one who fasts in these days out of his own will is entitled to a great reward by Allah Almighty. Fasting on the tenth day of Muharram, called Ashura, is particularly important, as it supposed to lead to great rewards. A person does not have to fast for the whole month. On the contrary, each fast during this month has merit.

Dua-e-Ashurah - An insurance for a year’s Life
Hazrat Imam Zainul Abidain (Radi Allah Anhu) reports that who ever recites this dua( Dua-e- Ashurah) on the tenth of Muharram, any time after sunrise and before sunset, or listens to its recitation from someone else, Allah Ta’ala will certainly make it an insurance for a years’ life for him, by keeping death away from him. However, if one is to become the victim of death in that year, they will by some strange coincidence not remember to recite it.

The following dua (prayers) are recited at the beginning and end of the fast to indicate and affirm the intention of the fast.A person’s intention when fasting, is to bring him/herself closer to God.

Dua (Prayer) at the Beginning of the Fast

Wa bisawmi ghadinn nawaiytu min shahri ramadan
I intend to keep the fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan

Dua (Prayer) at the End of the Fast

Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu wa alayka tawakkaltu wa ala rizq-ika-aftartu
O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You and I put my trust in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
AlBaqir:

Reward of Mourning Hussein

In the book Fadail as-Sahabah of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal, vol. 2, p. 675, # 1154, there is this sahih Sunni hadith:

Narrated al-Rabi' b. Munzir:

Husayn b. 'Ali used to say: "Anyone whose eyes are filled with tears for our sake, or tears drop from his eyes for our sake, Allah the Almighty, the Most Glorious will reward him with the Paradise."

Link: http://islamport.com/w/ajz/Web/2294/1170.htm

The report has an absolutely sahih sanad.

@Empiree, anyway I respect your opinion. I also do fast on Ashura day (absolutely with different Niyyat as yours and common Sunni). However, won't you remember and shed tears for the holy martyrs of Kar'bala, especially, Imam Hussein (alaih salat wa Salam)?! Even the Prophet himself weep profusely. And Janat await as reward in sha Allah, as indicated in the hadith.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
AlBaqir:

@Emp.iree, anyway I respect your opinion. I also do fast on Ashura day (absolutely with different Niyyat as yours and common Sunni). However, won't you remember and shed tears for the holy martyrs of Kar'bala, especially, Imam Hussein (alaih salat wa Salam)?! Even the Prophet himself weep profusely. And Janat await as reward in sha Allah, as indicated in the hadith.
Odaju gbaaaa ni mi shocked. Tears take forever to shed from me grin

2 Likes

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Empiree:
Odaju gbaaaa ni mi shocked. Tears take forever to shed from me grin

You are not odaju. You simply need to let your heart participate in e.g recitations of Quran, du'a etc esp when you go with their respective meanings and ponder. Tears will flow unless there's no fear of Allah any longer in the heart.

And the reason I guess why you can't shed tears for Imam Hussein and the martyrs of Kar'bala is that you haven't take time to read the tragedy of Karbala. If you do, and you know who Hussein was, you will cry.
http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/research-studies/islamic-history/479265-tragedy-of-karbala-martyrdom-of-imam-al-hussain.html
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
AlBaqir:

You are not odaju. You simply need to let your heart participate in e.g recitations of Quran, du'a etc esp when you go with their respective meanings and ponder. Tears will flow unless there's no fear of Allah any longer in the heart.

And the reason I guess why you can't shed tears for Imam Hussein and the martyrs of Kar'bala is that you haven't take time to read the tragedy of Karbala. If you do, and you know who Hussein was, you will cry.
http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/research-studies/islamic-history/479265-tragedy-of-karbala-martyrdom-of-imam-al-hussain.html

I understand this whole concept of mourning and shedding tears. My point is, it should be understood as fasting. By that i mean no one knows when a sincere person is fasting. It's btw slave and his Lord. Mourning and shedding tears should be just like that (on a private level) not gathering etc.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2015
Empiree:
I understand this whole concept of mourning and shedding tears. My point is, it should be understood as fasting. By that i mean no one knows when a sincere person is fasting. It's btw slave and his Lord. Mourning and shedding tears should be just like that (on a private level) not gathering etc.

So you haven't come across ahadith [in Musnad of Imam Ahmad, al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain of Imam al-Hakim etc] where the Prophet (salallahu alaih wa a'alih) talked about Hussein in front of the Sahaba until he caused them all to weep?!

What do you take the Ahlulbayt for, brother?! What is your understanding of Sunnah when the Prophet says he left for you two weighty things so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray: The Book of Allah and my (prophet's) offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt?!

Just like Sheik Muhammad bin Yahya al-Ninowy as-Sufi says, I also say "my message for you is this sahih hadith: {Hussein is from me and I am from Hussein}. May Allah give you the taofeeq to be able to comprehend that hadith.

Here's a link to the video lecture of Sheik Ninowy:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207940198206950&id=1356933376&_rdr
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Hkana: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
This succession ish though. The sunni based Abu Bakr's succession on the fact that the Rasul (salallahu Alaihi wa aalihi was salaam) asked that he led the prayers while He was sick.

1 Like

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Hkana:
This succession ish though. The sunni based Abu Bakr's succession on the fact that the Rasul (salallahu Alaihi wa aalihi was salaam) asked that he led the prayers while He was sick.

Really wonder shall never ends in this weird world. Scholars of Ahlu Sunnah are comfortable to interpret the alleged appointment of Abu Bakr to lead Salat during the fatal illness of the Prophet, to mean his "appointment as Khalifah after the Prophet", whereas clear, daunting and exclusive statements of the Prophet appointing 'Ali as his successor (Khalifah) and wali over every believers fell into deaf hears.

EXAMINATION OF THE HADITH
The bulk of hadith on Abu Bakr's lead in Salat were reported by 'Aishah, and Anas. Other narration from others are carbon-copies of the two.

However, going through ALL these narration, they expose lots of contradiction, falsity and unimaginable claims and inconsistency in these ahadith.

On one hand, some hadith claims Abu Bakr led people in Salat, other hadith claimed he never led any Salat that before he even started, the Prophet took over. Yet, some ahadith claim Prophet named Abu Bakr to lead the Salat, other says the Prophet rules ANYONE can lead the Salat.

Yet, some hadith claim Abu Bakr even led the Prophet himself in Salat, some hadith says it was the Prophet who led, and Abu Bakr was behind him; other ahadith even claimed Prophet NEVER came out to join the Prayer till he died. An inconsistent narration like these is never accepted as valid prove.

It will be cumbersome in this reply to present ALL of these ahadith. The following however will be presented where readers can see fatal contradictions:

1. Imam Ibn Hibban (d. 354H) records:

'Aisha: Abu Bakr led the people in Salat while the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, was in the congregational row BEHIND him.

'Allamah al-Albani comments: Sahih

And, Shayk al-Arnaut concurs: Its chain is Sahih upon the standard of al-Bukhari.
{Sahih Ibn Hibban, vol. 5, p. 483, #2117}

2. Imam Tirmidhi (d. 279H) also documents:

'Aishah:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, performed salat in a sitting posture BEHIND Abu Bakr during his fatal illness."

'Al-Albani comments: Sahih
{Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Tirmidhi, vol. 2, p. 196, #362}

On the contrary

3. Imam al-Nasai (d. 303H) records:

'Aishah: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, ordered Abu Bakr to lead the people in Salat."

She said: The Prophet, peace be upon him, was IN FRONT of Abu Bakr, and he performed the salat in a sitting posture while Abu Bakr led the people in salat and the people were behind Abu Bakr.

Al-Albani comments: Sahih
{Al-Mujtaba min al-Sunan, vol. 2, p. 83, #797}

WAS ABU BAKR EVEN QUALIFIED TO LEAD PEOPLE IN SALAT LET ALONE THE PROPHET?

"O you who believe! Do not lead in front of Allah and His Messenger, and fear Allah.." {Q. 49:1}

Imam al-Mubarakfuri (d. 1282H):
"...it is NOT correct to lead in front of him (the Prophet) in Salat or in anything else, whether due to an excuse or otherwise." {Tuhfat al-Ahwazi bi Sharh Jami al-Tirmidhi vol. 2, p. 294}

Al-Hafiz also writes:
"...it is NOT correct to lead in front of him, due to the prohibition of that by Allah." {Fath al-Bari Sharh al-Bukhari, vol. 2, p. 146}

This renders useless those hadith that alleged that Abu Bakr led the Prophet in Salat.

PROPHET's CRITERIA OF APPOINTING IMAM IN SALAT

Imam Muslim in his Sahih records:

Abu Mas'ud al-Ansari:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The people should be led in Salat by the best reciter of the Book of Allah among them. But if they are equal in recitation, then the one who is the most knowledgeable among them concerning the Sunnah. If they are equal regarding the Sunnah, then the earliest of them to do the hijrah. If they are equal in the hijrah, then the earliest of them to embrace Islam. No man can lead another in Salat in a place where the latter has authority, or sit in his place of honor in his house without his permission." {Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, p. 465, #673}

Imam Ahmad (d. 241H) records:

"Al-Ash'ari led his companions in a salat...So, al-'Ashari said, "...Verily, the Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him, gave us a sermon and taught us our Sunnah, and explained to us our salat. So, he said, 'Establish your congregational rows. Then, the best reciter among you should be your Imam."

Shaykh al-Arnaut says: Its chain is sahih upon the standard of (Imam) Muslim. {Musnad, vol. 4, p. 409, #19680}

Imam Muslim further records:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "Whenever there are three persons, one of them should be their Imam. The most entitled to be the Imam among them is the best reciter among them.
{Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, p. 464, #672 (289)}

So, who was the best reciter? Abu Bakr was NEVER even among the reciters let alone the best.

Imam al-Bukhari records:
'Amr b. 'Ali - Yahya - Sufyan - Habib - Sa'id b. Jubayr - Ibn Abbas:

'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "The best reciter among us is Ubayy, and the best judge among us is 'Ali."
{Al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol. 4, p. 1628, #4211}

ABU BAKR WAS LED IN SALAT BY A FREED SLAVE
Imam al-Bukhari records: Ibn 'Umar:

Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hudhayfah, used to lead the earliest Muhajirun and the Sahabah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, in Salat in the Mosque of Quba. Among them were Abu Bakr, 'Umar, Abu Salamah, and Amir b. Rabi'ah."
{Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol. 6, p. 2625, #6754}

Imam Ibn Abi Shaybah (d. 235H) and Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also document this hadith.

So what's the fuss as to the alleged Abu Bakr's leadership in Salat if at all its true?! Leading people in Salat NEVER in anyway translate to Khilafah. If it is that, Salim who led Abu Bakr, Umar et al in many salat is more qualified to be Khalifah.

Salam alaykum. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Hkana: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Wa alaikumus salaam.... Haven said the above, I get your point but let me ask you, did the members of the ahl bayt (Ali, Fatimah et al) accept them as khalif or not?
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hkana:
Wa alaikumus salaam.... Haven said the above, I get your point but let me ask you, did the members of the ahl bayt (Ali, Fatimah et al) accept them as khalif or not?

* Imam Bukhari in his Sahih documents that 'Ali and his group opposed the Khilafah of Abu Bakr. Bukhari recorded it took 'Ali six month before he gave allegiance to Abu Bakr BECAUSE people were nursing animosity against him.

* Fatima (alaiha Salam) NEVER reconciled with Abu Bakr till her martyrdom six month after the demise of her blessed father.

https://www.nairaland.com/2195624/deen-show-whats-difference-between

* Even at the time of the Khilafah of Umar, the wound never healed in the heart of Ali and his supporters

This is 'Ali and Abbas thought on Abu Bakr and Umar as explained by Umar himself:

“When the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, died, Abū Bakr said: “I am the walī of the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him.”.... So both of you (Alī and „Abbās) thought him (i.e. Abū Bakr) to be a liar, sinful, A TRAITOR and dishonest. And Allāh knows that he was really truthful, pious, rightly-guided and a follower of the truth. Abū Bakr died and I became the walī of the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, and the walī of Abū Bakr. So both of you thought me to be a liar, sinful, A TRAITOR and dishonest.

{Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim (Beirut: Dār Iḥyā al-Turāth al-„Arabī), vol. 3, p. 1376, #1757

However, as much as Ali tried to live a quite life during the Khulafah of Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman, the respective Khalifah always tried their best to lure him into one or two activities. He never participated in any war with them, he never prayed behind them but render his services wherever he dimed fit. Many a times he saved Umar from his rash fatwas. And Ali was ever a consultant on issues above the three Khalifahs during their respective time. [Should you need evidences, I will be glad to furnish you with them].
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Empiree: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
@Albaqir, could you pinpoint exactly what 3 kilafa got wrong that Ali got right other than succession in itself?.

Elaborate:

What exactly sunni ulama got wrong that Ali opposed to in obligatory duties to Allah other than succession itself?.

Is Sunni shahada wrong?
Is Sunni 5daily salat wrong?
Hajj " ?
Ramadan " ?
Zakat " ?
These are basic obligatory duties towards Allah. Anything wrong with it that Ali (ra) opposed to? .
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Hkana: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'll be glad to read the evidence(s).

Hmmm.... This part got me, "... He never participated in any war with them, he never prayed behind them but render his services wherever he dimed fit...." it's new knowledge.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Empiree:
@Albaqir, could you pinpoint exactly what 3 kilafa got wrong that Ali got right other than succession in itself?.

Elaborate:

What exactly sunni ulama got wrong that Ali opposed to in obligatory duties to Allah other than succession itself?.

Is Sunni shahada wrong?
Is Sunni 5daily salat wrong?
Hajj " ?
Ramadan " ?
Zakat " ?
These are basic obligatory duties towards Allah. Anything wrong with it that Ali (ra) opposed to? .

Have you ever take time to reflect on the wording of the Prophet?

"O mankind! I have left among over you two weighty things (Thaqalain) so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray; the book of Allah and my offspring, my Ahl al-bayt. My Lord have told me that both shall never separate until they meet me at the pool".

What does this hadith meant to you?

In another Mutawattir ahadith [Bukhari and Muslim] Prophet clearly declared his Sunnah will be changed after his demise to the extent that he will disown some the culprits among the Sahabah on the day of judgment. What does this hadith meant to you also?

Even if we stay within the Sunni school of thought alone, there exist 1001 differences in rulings pertaining to Salat, Hajj, Ramadhan etc not to mention of Shi'i school in comparison with Sunnies. The interpretation of the Quran and Sunnah of Nabi [salallahu alaihi wa a'alih) is another huge differences in which everything revolves.

Even before Salat, what about Wudhu (Ablution)?! The different method in Sunni schools is something else not to mention vs Shi'i. Hajj rituals, thats another thing entirely.

The changing in the Sunnah of the Prophet absolutely started with these three Khalifahs. Abu Bakr's two year rule and the first few years of Umar's rule maintained the Sunnah to some extent with Ali constantly keeping them in check. The Last long years of Umar's ruling began to turn things differently. Uthman's longest Khilafah was the worst. 'Ali tried his utmost during his time as a Khalifah to fix things. His four years ruling were heavily plagued with civil wars thanks to the notables among the Sahabah. Islamic shariah took entirely another shape at the time of Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan, Yazeed, Yazeed Jnr and their evil likes. Umar ibn Abdulazeez (RA) tried to revive but was killed within 2years of his ruling. The Banu Ummayad and Banu Abbas destroyed the Sunnah of the prophet and established their own which is being passed from one generation till today.

Looking for the Sunnah of the Prophet? Go back to hadith thaqalain, and so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray.
Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Rilwayne001: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@Albaqir, you got it all wrong sir, it was never my intent to make a joke out of it, and i repeat it, i cant be blamed for the death of the prophet's son, because Allah(s.w.t) says "That no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another, And that man will have nothing but what he strives for; And that the result of his striving shall soon be known; Then will he be rewarded for it with the fullest reward; And that with thy Lord is the final judgment; 53:38-42. salam!

Quite profound monsieur kabir, quite profound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Quite profound monsieur kabir, quite profound.
Shukra my bros RidwanAllah(i almost said madmoselle RidwanAllah grin, I have forgoten french embarassed)

2 Likes

Re: Ashura: Weeping For Al-hussain Ibn 'ali, A Sunnah Established By The Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
NB: We have derailed this thread a bit by talking on the subject "who are the Ahl al-bayt". Interested viewer can get detail of this discussion on the first page of this thread.

Demmzy15 [, lexiconkabir, MrOlai, Sino, Empiree, kazlaw2000, lanrexlan]

Still on "Who are the Ahl al-bayt" esp. In respect to the verse "Allah only wish to remove al-Rijz from you, O Ahl al-bayt..."

Ibn Kathir further documents:

First narration: Narrated ibn Abi Hatam from his father from Soraij ibn Yunous Aboo Al-Harith from Muhammad ibn Yazid from Al-Awam (ibn Aushab) from his uncle who said: 'Me and my father went to A'isha and asked her about Ali, she said: 'You ask me about a man who was the most loved one to the Messenger of Allah (saw), Ali was the husband of his daughter and his daughter was the most loved one to him? I saw the Messenger of Allah (saw) who called Ali and Bibi Faatima and Al-Hassan and Al-Hussain and covered them with a clothing and said': "O my Lord, these are my Ahlulbayt, so keep away any uncleanliness from them, and purify them a thorough purification."

A'isha said: I took a corner of that clothing and said: 'O Messenger of Allah (saw)! Am I one of your Ahlulbayt too? He said: "Get away! But you are towards goodness."

Second narration: Narrated ibn Jarir from Al-Mothanna from Bikr ibn Yahya ibn Zabban Al-Anazi from Mendal from Al-Ahmash from Atiyya from Abi Sa’eed (Al-Khodri) who said: 'The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "This verse has been revealed about five people: about me, Ali, Hassan, Hussain and Bibi Faatima, "{Allah only desires to keep away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household (Ahlulbayt), and purify you, a thorough purification}"

And also Fadhil ibn Marzooq has narrated the same from Atiyya from Abi Sa’eed from Umm Al-Salama. And ibn Abi Hatam has narrated through Har'oon ibn Sa’d Al-Ejli from Atiyya from Abi Sa’eed, Allah knows best.

Third narration: ibn Jarir said: narrated ibn Al-Mothanna from Aboo Bakr AlHanafi from Bokair ibn Mesmar who said I heard Amer ibn Sa’d saying: Sa’d said: 'When the revelation has been passed to the Messenger of Allah (saw), he took Ali and his two sons and Bibi Faatima and entered them under a clothing and then said: "O my Lord! These are my Ahlulbayt (a.s)."

Source: Tafsir of ibn Kathir. Vol. 6, Pg. # 414

This hadith of Aisha and the denial of her request [if she's part of the Prophet's Ahl al-bayt] is similar to the hadith of Umm salamah which have been quoted already on this thread. Thi is just an additional information.

Again, we believe there are two types of Ahl al-bayt: General and special. Every individual related to the Prophet in bloodline or marriage bond are his "Ahl al-bayt". Even prophet counted Salman al-Farsi (the Persian, non-Arab, non-Quraishi) as part of his Ahl al-bayt.

However, the special Ahl al-bayt are specifically defined with the "verse of purification", the verse of Mubahala, hadith Thaqalain and hadith Khalifatain. These are the Prophet himself, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussein [salawatullah wa salamu alaykum].

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? / What Islam Says About The Right Of Workers? / Goodness To One's Neighbors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.