Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? (2640 Views)

"Helen Paul And AY Are The Worst Comedians In Nigeria", Nigerians Blast / Yvonne Nelson: Are Nigerian Pastors Interested In Preaching Or Offering? / Nigerian Female Celebrities With And Without Makeup (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by BabaAlabi: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2015
Recently Nigerian female comedian, Helen Paul, embarrassed herself on stage to the extent that she had to be carried off. She resorted to the childish act of making fun of others in order to make the audience laugh. If the most popular female comedian right now in terms of endorsements and tv shows has no option but to rely on insulting her colleagues (even someone as renowned as AliBaba) then that proves female comedians have a long way to go in the entertainment industry. Comediennes like Princess were regarded as trail blazers however most of her recent jokes are usually met with stony faces and awkward giggles. Is it a matter of sexism, where majority of guys in comedy shows just find them unfunny? Are the females neglected in an ad-hoc conference where the guys gather to research new comedy material? It is disheartening that Helen Paul might have jeopardized her career in the industry thereby making herself the laughing stock among Nigerians.

Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by chocolateme(f): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2015
Because they are women to you and you see less in them and because that's your opinion. But to me, women are not boring rather stronger and exciting.

Those mentioning my post, please state your personal opinion and leave chocolateme alone this moment because I'm in the mood to fight and challenge all of u.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Because women are less intelligent and creative!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by vizkiz: 10:44am On Oct 15, 2015
chocolateme:
Because they are women.

so women are suppose to be boring

I thought y'all use to quote the porpular memory verse "what a man can do a woman can do better"

Good to know that is all just crap!! grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by Airforce1(m): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2015
chocolateme:
Because they are women.
I'm highly disappointed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2015
Maybe Nigerian comediennes just lack intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by Afrok(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2015
I guess may be they wanna be at the same level with their male counterparts, so they're trying very hard and invariably making them boring.
Better still, maybe they're not naturally talented.

My question is; how many comediennes do we even have?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by captainflash(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Smh! the topic itself is boring....just passing by sha!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by donholy28(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2015
Because they aren't creative with their jokes
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by axortedbabe(f): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Cuz they refuse to acknowledge that comedy isn't their calling
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by BabaAlabi: 3:34am On Jul 21, 2017
heheh
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2017
They lack creativity and originality... Especially that girl Helen Paul.. I'm still surprised people still call her for shows.. the girl dry pass harmattan wind.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Female Comedians Boring? by Lordapson23(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
Maybe Nigerian comediennes just lack intelligence.

undecided

(1) (Reply)

Davido Shares Clear Photo Of His New 2015 Audi R8 Car / Whats Wrong With This 7years Old Girl Photo? / Beautiful Model Who Was A 'Slave To Vanity' Dies During Surgical Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.