Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Being Positive Is Not Enough: Breast Cancer Awareness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Being Positive Is Not Enough: Breast Cancer Awareness (420 Views)

24-Year-Old Lady Who Survived Breast Cancer Shares Her Story & Photos / Chidinma And Oge Okoye At A Cancer Awareness Program In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Positive Is Not Enough: Breast Cancer Awareness by misayada: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
It’s the first time I have had to actually think about it, before now I just discard the thought and tell myself it’s not possible “I can’t have cancer naa”. Positive confessions and mindsets are important but knowledge is power, going for an examination or doing a self test can also uncover some things that you were not aware of. We need to take action and do this regularly, it’s easy to get carried away but the evidence is all around us with survivors sharing their stories. ACT NOW!! Being unchalant is not cute either.

Meet Akua, a breast cancer survivor with a smile that speaks of her heart and scars that speak of her strength- Peniel Enchill (Picture below)

8. Reduce your exposure to radiation especially X-rays, seek for alternatives first
9. Some contraceptive pills expose a person to the risk of breast cancer
10. Breastfeeding is linked to the reduction of the risk of breast cancer both for the mother and the child been breastfed.
11. Hormonal Replacement Therapy (HRT) used during menopause has been linked to the risk of breast cancer, this should be taken with expert prescription/guidance.

Take advantage of this month of October and find a center near you..........#ChooseHealth

http://allavosiyatalk..com.ng/2015/10/being-positive-is-not-enough-breast.html

(1) (Reply)

Http://www.healthcaresups.com/is-no2-blast-a-scam-or-legit/ / Losing Weight: Fast Way Or Slow Way? / Why Ginger Is Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.