Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. (8907 Views)

Jammeh Tenure Extension : What I Found Inside The Gambian Constitution / Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. / US Most Expensive Jet Fighter F-35 Slammed In New Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 16, 2015
This PEOPLE wan force RAPTURE komot from GOD
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by tdayof(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
America currently has air superiority over russia with her 5G airframes in F-35 and F-22.
The B-2 which was developed by america at the height of soviet union arrogance and power is an overkill for the russian military.
chill.. You mean America air superiority is more than that of Russia because of the F22 raptor and f35 Damn.. If that's it.. Do you know the Chinese have fighters that can match the f22 and f35? You might be an aviation lover but I think you know less about war planes.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by CSTR2: 10:43am On Oct 16, 2015
tdayof:
chill.. You mean America air superiority is more than that of Russia because of the F22 raptor and f35 Damn.. If that's it.. Do you know the Chinese have fighters that can match the f22 and f35? You might be an aviation lover but I think you know less about war planes.
grin grin grin
China is still in the stone age when it comes to fighter jets.
Their best fighter jets are russian made SU-35.

1 Like

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by CSTR2: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2015
Tkester:

It looks to me the guy is just a western troll. He saw his master's butt been kicked recklessly in Syria, and off course wants to reassure his deluded self that they are still the 'boss'
What is trollish about this thread.?
Of course, opening threads based on russian propaganda is not trollish.
Smart man.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Lucasbalo(m): 10:54am On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
Atleast america deserves to her ass licked.
She contributes billion worth of dollars in aid to your country.
What has russia ever done for you?
Good question.
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by CSTR2: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Good question.
These guys hate america for no reason.
Just pure envy due to the dismal state of their own nation.
America is singlehandledly sponsoring free HIV drugs for many of them commenting on nairaland and millions of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by mazeltov(m): 11:02am On Oct 16, 2015
tdayof:
yes America air superiority is far ahead of China and Russia. I stand by my words!!! Feel free to prove your point and prove me wrong
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Lucasbalo(m): 11:02am On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
These guys hate america for no reason.
Just pure envy due to the dismal state of their own nation.
America is singlehandledly sponsoring free HIV drugs for many of them commenting on nairaland and millions of Nigerians.
The hatred for America or anything American is legendary on Nairaland. I guess I will hate America too if I am stuck in a Third World Nation regressing instead of progressing. We Americans know she's not perfect but I will take America over any country in the World.
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by mazeltov(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
grin grin grin
China is still in the stone age when it comes to fighter jets.
Their best fighter jets are russian made SU-35.
stone age is even near now, it should be ''primitive age'' . it will take china more than 3 decades before they can match catch with America air superiority. Even Russia is still trailling behind.

1 Like

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by CSTR2: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2015
mazeltov:
stone age is even near now, it should be ''primitive age'' . it will take china more than 3 decades before they can match catch with America air superiority. Even Russia is still trailling behind.
Don't let the russian fan boys hear you.
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by somito121(m): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2015
what some of you don't know is that the most dangerous weapons will never be disclosed to the public until u see war...stay here and argue on rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by mazeltov(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Som, There is nothing like ''most dangerous weapon'' . The greatest invention is ''Man'' not nuclear weapon
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by RandomVic(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
American this American that, yet they got their azz kicked in various ways in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Somalia, Korean war and many other that I can't begin to mention now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
America currently has air superiority over russia with her 5G airframes in F-35 and F-22.
The B-2 which was developed by america at the height of soviet union arrogance and power is an overkill for the russian military.

1.) Now, I will forgive you for your deliberate attempt to evade the issue of the Northrop Grumman B2-Spirit [AV-8 88-0329 - Spirit of Missouri] which was shot down like a wounded African Pied Crow over the airspace of Yugoslavia in 1999 with a 30year old Russian SAM. If an obsolete Russian SAM could do that, way back in 1999, then we can only imagine what Mother Russia has in stock for the Yank's latest overrated scrap metals.

2.) Please stop mentioning any of the F35 lightening series. It has been rendered useless & obsolete by the Russian S-400Triumf defence system. I have tried posting the following article on Nairaland more than 6times but I still can't figure out Y I keep getting banned by the anti-spambot each time I do. Below are some of the excerpts:

How Russia’s S-400 makes the F-35 obsolete

It’s not often that a relatively inexpensive air defence weapon is able to make a trillion dollar fighter programme obsolete. But the $500 million S-400 missile system has done precisely that to America’s brand new F-35 stealth fighter.

In November 2014 Moscow and Beijing inked a $3 billion agreement for the supply of six battalions of S-400 anti-aircraft/anti-missile systems that will significantly boost China’s air defence capability against the US and its allies in the Western Pacific.

With a tracking range of 600 km and the ability to hit targets 400 km away at a blistering speed of 17,000 km an hour – faster than any existing aircraft–the S-400 is a truly scary weapon if you are facing its business end.First deployed by Russia in 2010, each S-400 battalion has eight launchers, a control centre, radar and 16 missiles available as reloads.

S-400 air defence missile system defends the skies over Moscow

Unlike the overhyped US Patriot missile that turned out to be a dud in battle, the S-400 was designed to create the daddy of Iron Domes. “Given its extremely long range and effective electronic warfare capabilities, the S-400 is a game-changing system that challenges current military capabilities at the operational level of war,” Paul Giarra, president, Global Strategies and Transformation, told Defense News. The S-400 will have the “effect of turning a defensive system into an offensive system, and extend China’s A2/AD (anti-access/area-denial) umbrella over the territory of American allies and the high seas.”

But first a bit of background. The S-400 was developed to defend Russian air space and a few hundred kilometers further against missiles and aircraft of all types, including stealth. Because it is a highly potent and accurate weapon that can tip the balance of power in any war theatre, Moscow has long resisted the temptation of exporting even its older iteration, the S-300, to troubled allies Syria and Iran.

An S-300 missile fired from, say, Damascus will blow away an aircraft over central Tel Aviv in about 107 seconds, giving the Israelis just enough time to say their prayers. It is precisely because the S-series missile systems can so dramatically upset the military balance that Israel has pressured Russia against introducing it into the Middle East tinderbox. Israel has also warned it would go after Syrian S-300 batteries with everything it’s got.

**The article is lengthy, You can just google the heading to get the complete write up**

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Almost finished my data seeing the video.

Really captivating.
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
mazeltov:
(i said perhaps it could carry SS-18) Need I remind you that the bigger the missile fitted in S-400 the lower its operational range. lolz, wait did you just call B-2-spirit bomber a scrap metal? Lolzzz. See let me tell you, B-2 can effectively operate in S-400 air space. B-2 would have dropped its amour before it could it detected by S-400 though B-2 can't hide for long. See I am not a big fan of nuclear arms or whatever but there is no super weapon on earth. A proper air defence is multi-layered with Laser system and not missile and all American warship are now being fitted with laser anti-missile system and rail gun, and by 2022 all American fighter jets would be laser-enhanced including 6th generation fighter jet F-x which will come with hypersonic speed. Wait, it seems I'm bluffing here!! Apart from the fact that America Northrop Grumman B-2 spirit bomber is the most advanced and most sophisticated bomber in the world, it is also most expensive which cost about 2 billion dollars while its counterpart Russia Tu-160 Bomber cost about 40 million dollars, seems like I talk too much ok see http://jetfights/us-and-russia-military-aircraft-full-comparison-html . Again, no super weapon on earth.
s-400 was rumoured to be able to shoot in the air at random and still hit its target. The accuracy is said to be a devil
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
The B-2 has evaded S-400 many times during test flights.
Infact it was developed to evade soviet union best defences, after american jets were falling like flies in soviet airspace.
It was developed as an off the books project to prevent soviet union from stealing critical information from the american defence journal and developing counter-measures.
off book, yet on YouTube.

Test fights with what? Holograms?

1 Like

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
off book, yet on YouTube.
Test fights with what? Holograms?
Hhaaaaaaaa! No mind them grin

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by ichuka(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
mazeltov:
lolz, ignorance. B-2 spirit bomber is the most expensive bomber jet in United state Airforce but not the most expensive jet in United state. Please a Bomber jet is different from a fighter jet so be guided accordingly. I might be wrong with the name buh i think it's ( B-2 Nothrop Grumen Spirit Bomber ). The most expensive Jet now in the world is America F-35a-lightning-III, it's a fifth generation fighter jet developed by Lockheed but right now, Russia is still developing its fifth generation Fighter jet called Tu-150 infact India and Chinahas already booked for it but I don't know much about it until Russia starts mass production. While Russia is planning to develop its 5th generation fighter jet, America is already planning its sixth generation fighter jet called F-x which would be armed with liquid Laser that can strike anywhere in the world without even sending missiles. Oh! You think of Russia super S-300 and S-400 air defence? Well Russi S-400 is currently unbeatble by any missile in the world, not even America minuteman-II missile can beat Russia S-400 air defence system. Nobody wants to come near that Beast, go and ask NATO, they would tell you about it. Need I remind you that in that B-2 and F-35 can't stay long in the air before they would be detected by almighty S-400, Isreal is persuading Russia not to sell S-400 to iran because they know that if Iran has that weapon, it will render all their fighter jets useless probably scrap metal. I repeat, S-400 is a beast you don't wanna play with. chill!! S-400 is a surface to air missile defence system which is capale of launching two missiles into the air at a time, it is muliple warheads which means it is capable of carrying at least 18kg weight of any missile- perhaps it can carry S-18 missile popularly known as the Russian Satan-18. But right now, I can boldy tell you that S-400 is also a scrap metals in the presence of America S-400 killer called ''the general Atomic avenger'' ok let me stop here. Please take note of this!!! There is no super weapon in the world, the most terribe weapon in the worl is The mind of men.
dude, s400 cant even lock on to f22 when the latter is 60> 80km away.
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by mazeltov(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
Lolz Zaharariel , you are funny. I repeat, no weapon is superb. In as much as I don't like argument, I see it as a necessity to enlighten you on this. Firstly, comparing a bomber jet or Fighter jet with surface-to-air defence system is technically wrong!! Ok let's do it this way. America B-2 northtrop- Gruman is a long range, low-obsevable strategic stealth bomber jet which can penetrate sophisticated and dense air-denfense system. Its a multirole bomber which features generic weapon interface system and capable of carrying 40,000lb of weapons payload and can fly as an altitude of 6,000nm unrefuelled and 10,000nm with a single refuelling. I can carry both conventional & nuclear bomb and marine weapons including ABM-129 ADVANCED cruise missile of about 80 joint. Seems like I'm bluffing, please take time to visit http://www.airforcetechnology.com/features/featurethe-world-best-bomber-aircraft/ ok it looks like you are not satisfied, go to http://www.strategicpage.com/dls/articles2005/20055/803435.asp . B-2 bomber can operate in Russian airspace but can't stay there for long so this depends on the technicality and mission of the pilot. Now compare America B-2 bomber with Russian Tu-160 and see http://www.military-today.com/aircraft/top_7_bombers.htm . Now let's go to almighty Russian S-400 S-400 is very powerful that it is capable of carrying multiple warheads of different types. NATO nicknamed it ''The Growler''. It capability has rendered America F-35 useless and a mere scrap metal but you i' glad to announce to you that there is another weapon developed by United state called S-400 killer or ''the general Atomic Avenger'' . Please read carefully. The Avenger is an unmanned combat air vehicle which is powered by a turbofan engine and its designs include not only stealth features but also with internal weapons storage and it's S-shaped exhaust to reduce heat and radar sinature. Incase you forgot, the Avenger will support the same weapons as MQ-9 and equally carry Lynx Synthetic Aparature radar and a version of F-35 lightning-II's electro-Optical Targetry System (EOTS) also known as advanced low-observable Embedded Reconnaissance Targetry (ALERT) system. Need I remind you that Avenger can carry a larger payload of up to 3,500lb of weapons internally and on its wings hard point while S-400 warhead is 180kg, approximately 390lb. Oh chill bro, the Avenger flew for 3hrs while being controlled by GSC and it has a wrap-around visual display and multi-dimensional moving map to increase sensationa awareness. Please I forgot to tell you that The Avenger is Laser-enhanced. It has laser gun and capable of attaining over 400kt approximately 740km/h and on point 60,000ft (18,200) against S-400 operational range of 600km while S-400 range is 400-600km for 40N6 missile, 250km for 48N6 missile and 40km for 9M96E missile that is to say, the heavier the kg of the missile, the shorter its hit target. Please drop the argument. The greatest weapon is the mind of men that create nuclear weapons

1 Like

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by mazeltov(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
ichuka:

dude, s400 cant even lock on to f22 when the latter is 60> 80km away.
lol. Owk
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by Alaanyihaji(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
Move along, mr.
It will take nothing away from you if you say " am sorry" for your choice of the word " ignorantly" in a public discussion. Opinions on an issue differ most time bothering on the perspective, and not on amount or value of information. So it's am sorry and not move along. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by tdayof(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
CSTR2:
the b-2 has a match my the tu -160 . Nothing special about the over hyped b2 bomber ..
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by mazeltov(m): 2:04am On Oct 17, 2015
tdayof:
the b-2 has a match my the tu -160 . Nothing special about the over hyped b2 bomber ..
lolz. Tu-160 is no match for B-2 bomber please. In fact B-2 is an old bomber jet, right now, America has started developing B-3 bomber
Re: Inside The US B-2 Nuclear Stealth Bomber-the Most Expensive Jet Of All Times. by ValerianSteel(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Here I Am-That is why America will ways remain the most powerful.

The U.S has done more good to this world than harm.Only a fool will argue this.They've been there all over the globe for a better humanity.

You may not agree with some of their policy or ask why they are the world police but the American big heart has touched millions of people on this planet.

The billions of dollars poured out in aid yearly down to the most remote places.

When earthquakes,tsunamis,typhoons rage the borders of others,they are there to support all round.

When a plane carrying almost 300 persons goes missing(MH370),they are there to provide surveillance jest and a submersible search and report craft worth millions of dollars at the expense of a rough sea that could destroy the submersible,one of the two ever made.

You ask where is the American heart,they've accommodated millions into their country and integrated them.Ask that uncle of yours who invited you into the U.S,ask that brother of yours who won visa lottery years ago sending you those dollars,ask that friend of yours you stay with when you go on vacation there.

The American heart has been there fighting for the inalienable rights of the oppressed and societal rejects,of the needy and hungry,of the disregarded and abandoned,of the minorities.

The American heart remains strong in the areas of Scientific research,they've made breakthroughs that could have taken other nations decades simply because both their government and privileged few donate billions to find solutions and ways to beat sickness and disease,how much has Dangote commited to fighting malaria as compared to his American counterpart Bill Gate.

When Christian fanatics come screaming destruction to America referencing the biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah,I take them back to the same bible they use for their persecution in Ezekial 16:49.That should tell any right thinking person that God would not destroy the one country capable of rescuing humanity in trying times.

Call me what you may but this is the reality of the world today.America remains a beacon of hope,restoration,joy and peace to many around the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Iran Rehab Centre, Kills At Least 32 / Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi / Who Has The World's No. 1 Economy? Not The U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.