Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise (2519 Views)

Dangote Lost Half Of His Fortune In The Last 6 Months? / Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise / #300,000 To Pay #400,000 For Six Months....pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by babimore: 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2009
I was given 2million naira by a family member to keep for him for 4 months.but i feel Its stupid if i just keep the money in the bank.Pls i need advice and suggestion of a biz or investment.I have 5 months left b4 the owner will come for his money.I want to make some money from the money.Pls i will appreciate your genuine suggestion.Thanks
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by sojmann(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
You can do so many things with that ammount of money!I have one or two ideas.If you are interested let me know.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Outstrip(f): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
Nothing. It is not yours to do anything with. You cannot risk money that does not belong to you
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by babimore: 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
sojmann.thanks pls i will appreciate your ideas
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by lucabrasi(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
you could do a simple fixed deposit and negotiate terms specifying that you only want to keep it for 4 months, with the way and manner banks look for deposit these days,theres bound to be one that ll give you favourable interest rates,however like outstrip has counselled,the safest and best thing to do is not to touch the money, a good name is way hard to build but easy to destroy,the guy must trust your judgement and character before entrusting you with such an amount,besides you never know he might have some major plans for you,seeing as honest people who can keep such an amount without scheming to swindle are hard to come by
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by damola1: 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
Just be careful.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by yeswecan(m): 12:46am On Apr 29, 2009
Business involves risk taking. You cannot take any risk here because the money is not yours. Just fix deposit the money for 5 months, thats the only way u can make something out of it.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by stankion(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2009
hello,
would u like to do petroleum bizness? do u know anything about it, u will have a good sum at the end of 4months to buy u a good car if u want, reach me at stankion@yahoo.co.uk if u nid more on dis.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by chikeobi(m): 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2009
The sound of Bitter cola is not really the taste. Be careful the money is not yours. The best you can do for it is to fix it and get the interest.
ANy biz you wanna go into with such amount needs planning and believe me b4 you start executing your plan the time will be up and the fund will be stuck when the onwer come calling.

Fix, fix, Fix and fix it and take the interest and keep yourself out of trouble and have your trust.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by TouaregV8(m): 6:33am On May 02, 2009
You need to check your moral and ethical compass.  No wonder Nigeria is so screwed up   sad  embarassed
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by IGWEUSA(m): 8:51am On May 02, 2009
@ POSTER
Please just keep d money as u promised/discussed with d owner so as to avoid tarnishing d trust he bestowned on u.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by zukkymike(m): 9:41am On May 02, 2009
beware of fire

stankion:

hello,
would u like to do petroleum bizness? do u know anything about it, u will have a good sum at the end of 4months to buy u a good car if u want, reach me at stankion@yahoo.co.uk if u nid more on dis.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by chuxy12(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2009
I know that you are not supposed to touch the money. but if you are really interested i will introduce you to an online biz that will yield you about $150-$200 every month with a startup capital of about $1000 . If you are one of those incurable skeptic that dont believe you can make moni inline then 4 get it. This biz is low risk and easy to learn all you require is patient.

THERE IS NO SIN GREATER THAN THE SIN OF A CLOSED MIND. SELAH
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Akpangbon: 11:46am On May 02, 2009
@Poster

U are simply playing with fire.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by chuxy12(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2009
cant u guys read in b/w the line? . the N2m belongs to him and not to any relative. he just want to generate ideas on how to invest it optimally and cautiously. maybe it was lent to him to invest wisely. GUYS THINK !!!
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by radiovibe: 1:23pm On May 02, 2009
have you ever thought that he or she might decide to ask for the money tomorrow, then what we you do?
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Outstrip(f): 3:40pm On May 02, 2009
chuxy12:

cant u guys read in b/w the line? . the N2m belongs to him and not to any relative. he just want to generate ideas on how to invest it optimally and cautiously. maybe it was lent to him to invest wisely. GUYS THINK !!!

What in the world are you talking about. What lines are you reading in between. The lines that say ruin someone's life. It was given to him to keep for 4 months. He was quite clear on how he got the money and what he was instructed to do with it. There is nothing and repeat nothing that you can invest in for 4 months to make significant profit that will not be too risky for money that does not belong to him. Go and try and play "fast guy" with someone else. If it is not something that will guarantee his principal then he cannot do it with this money and the only thing that can guarantee that is a CD or just a regular bank account. You are just running to and fro here seeking whom you may devour. Hopefully he will resist you so you can flee from him
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by irule1(m): 6:56am On May 04, 2009
Hey bro! you need be careful coz that thing is heavy.`
Me think fixed deposit is a bit preferable. HASTA LA VISTA!

look before you leap
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by sojmann(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2009
I think you should pray and fast so that the most high will give you divine directions.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by ayomifull(f): 2:54pm On May 08, 2009
damola1:

Just be careful.

THE GOOD

lucabrasi:

you could do a simple fixed deposit and negotiate terms specifying that you only want to keep it for 4 months, with the way and manner banks look for deposit these days,theres bound to be one that ll give you favourable interest rates,however like outstrip has counselled,the safest and best thing to do is not to touch the money, a good name is way hard to build but easy to destroy,the guy must trust your judgement and character before entrusting you with such an amount,besides you never know he might have some major plans for you,seeing as honest people who can keep such an amount without scheming to swindle are hard to come by

THE BETTER

Outstrip:

Nothing. It is not yours to do anything with. You cannot risk money that does not belong to you

THE BEST
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by kayjegs: 7:08pm On May 08, 2009
Please and please. It is very risky to use that money even though it is much and is a good capital amount to start business with. I will like that you just keep for the person and let the owner come and get it. OR you may inform him that you will like to use the money when you are convinced and have gotten a lucrative business to use it for OR you may take out of it such as like 500,000 naira to use and make some gains whereby you can return it before he comes, this is better than using all the money and lose all. TAKE CARE!
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Phony200(m): 8:27am On May 09, 2009
Anything beyond fixed deposit is not morally right. Excess liquidity, even with your own money is a problem, not to talk of someone else's money. Any bank would give you a 10-12% interest rate. Whatever it amounts to, be content with it. That's roughly 60-80k after 4 months. Better safe than sorry.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by risingdamp: 8:40pm On May 14, 2009
T-bills or any other discount period bearing in mind the period.
You could always go down to Unilag and have a niiiiceeee time ;-).
Just make sure you skip town before the owner of the monet returns!
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Uche2nna(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2009
risingdamp:

T-bills or any other discount period bearing in mind the period.
You could always go down to Unilag and have a niiiiceeee time ;-).
Just make sure you skip town before the owner of the monet returns!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Genergo(m): 9:43am On May 15, 2009
i can earn 48% minimum on 2m , if i keep it in fcmb for 6months, go check this out.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by cicero(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2009
Outstrip:

Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by Everfrank(m): 4:40am On Apr 02, 2013
Using money trusted in your care without the prior permission of the owner is classified as THEFT in Nigerian law- crimial procedure code. Don't try it.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by frankkky: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2013
@poster i know the money sounds tempting but please i beg you dont do anything with the money,find a safe place and keep the money,then take your mind off it,you may never know,the owner might come for it anytime and then what would you say?if the owner of the money had given you to invest then that that is different,he gave you the money to keep for him,please do just that,a similar thing like this happened to me some years ago,i thought i could invest some money which was kept with me,but guess what,i lost the whole money and it was only the grace of GOD that brought me out of that saga.please keep your name dem no dey buy am for market.
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by chiboy11(m): 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
Genergo: i can earn 48% minimum on 2m , if i keep it in fcmb for 6months, go check this out.
plss help me out, which FCMB bank n wat product of investment s dat, am intrested ,but I hope dis s tru cuse even CBN ROI s 11% now, reply oga
Re: What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira Given To You To Keep For 6 Months - Pls Advise by megacash(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2013
What will I do with 2 million naira given to me to keep for 6 months? I will keep N1.5 million in fixed deposit or in one of the credible cooperative society that pays you 5% every 3 months. I will use the remaining N500,000 to advertise a network marketing health product with prooven record of curing a common ailment with little or no result with orthodox medicine.

Factors that will determine the product that I will market are:
* Register for the network marketing under a successful upline who can convince me that I will yield bumper profit with the N500,000.
* The money will be invested in advert not product because I can get the product either with d customer money or the health centre.
* My upline should be able to recommend proven places I can advertise and get result.

(1) (Reply)

We Need UK Used Laptop Distributors / Be An Agent With Huge Commission / Please Help, A Friend Wants To Commit Suicide Over Business Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.