Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party (1648 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Senator Mike Sonto's Gold Cars And Stacks Of Cash [PICS] / Sweden's Left-Party To Ban Men From Urinating While Standing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2009
senator arlen specter of pennsylvania has switched from republican party to democrat party. i will remain on fox new today, i cherish watching the frustrated faces of fox news presenters and analysts grin

let the attack on sen specter begin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by MrCrackles(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2009
No comments! cheesy
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2009
lol grin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
the spin has begun grin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by RichyBlacK(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
Excellent news!
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by TayoD1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2009
@RichyBlack,

Excellent news!
I agree.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by RichyBlacK(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2009
Tayo-D:

@RichyBlack,
I agree.

@Tayo-D,

I'm curious that we agree on this, or is it the case that you never were a fan of Sen. Specter?
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2009
the republican party is shrinking to the extreme left. thank God specter is white, if it were colling powell, boss limbaugh would say it was about race grin . . . . . .

i'm loving this . . . grin let the spin continue grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by TayoD1(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
@Richy,

I'm curious that we agree on this, or is it the case that you never were a fan of Sen. Specter?
Can't you just let it rest at that? Don't you like the peace that comes with the agreement? Must I provide details that will make everyone pick up their nukes, guns, shakabula, or suicide belt as the case may be? grin grin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by yeswecan(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2009
The only thing I hate about the Democratic Party is the support on Gay Marriage and Abortion
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2009
@richy

the republicans have always wanted to get rid of arlen specter for supporting the stimulus plan and other moderate votes he cast on the floor of the senate grin

it all plays well for the democrats though, he may be re-elected with democrat support grin grin and in the meantime, he will cast a few more votes for the democrats than he would have if he were still a republican grin grin grin grin

GOP in EXILE grin grin grin grin

Fox news will kill him today grin grin grin grin

yeswecan:

The only thing I hate about the Democratic Party is the support on Gay Marriage and Abortion

yes, i feel you. but do they really support abortion and homosexuality or do they allow gay people their rights and women the right of choice. . . .there is a difference between pro abortion and pro choice
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by RichyBlacK(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Richy,
Can't you just let it rest at that? Don't you like the peace that comes with the agreement? Must I provide details that will make everyone pick up their nukes, guns, shakabula, or suicide belt as the case may be?   grin  grin

grin grin
Okay o, I only hope it lasts. Let's rejoice as we get better leadership everyday.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by RichyBlacK(m): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2009
pres-elect:

@richy

the republicans have always wanted to get rid of arlen specter for supporting the stimulus plan and other moderate votes he cast on the floor of the senate grin

it all plays well for the democrats though, he may be re-elected with democrat support grin grin and in the meantime, he will cast a few more votes for the democrats than he would have if he were still a republican grin grin grin grin

GOP in EXILE grin grin grin grin

Fox news will kill him today grin grin grin grin

yes, i feel you. but do they really support abortion and homosexuality or do they allow gay people their rights and women the right of choice. . . .there is a difference between pro abortion and pro choice

@pres-elect,

I think the GOP needs to start some serious soul searching.

Faux Noise will have field day today, you're right about that. grin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by TayoD1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
@Richy,

I think the GOP needs to start some serious soul searching.
Since you will not let this matter rest, let me throw in the first grenade here.

The person who needs some soul searching has done so and has made a decision I think is in his, and the Party's best interest. Thanks to him, my two kids are already owing tens of thousands of dollars without anything to show for it.

Was it not Jesus who said: "I wish you were rather hot or cold"? There is no middle ground in this. You are either conservative or you are not. It's good to know that what we have in the RNC is all-conservatives. The Party has been doing badly ever since Bush decided to go middle of the road. Middle of the road didn't help before and it is not going to help now. I will be happy if someone can point out if I am wrong on this.

By the way, should I go wear my armour? Or all I need is a bullet proof? Or is a flexibility of the order of President Bush be adequate to dodge your next attack?
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by yeswecan(m): 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
Where is the Democrat's stand on abortion and Gay right?

A majority of liberals favor diplomacts because of the legalization of same-sex marriage, secular government, stricter gun control, and environmental protection laws as well as the preservation of abortion rights.

Please tell me the difference between pro abortion and pro choice. It is either you are a conservative or a liberal. Far as i can remember The Obamas and Clintons are Pro choice.  Obama even appointed Jeremy Bernard (GAY) as White House liaison to the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by bawomolo(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
most americans are at the center. It's ignorant to claim democrats are only liberals or republicans are only conservative.

have you heard of log cabin republicans? they are flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roe vs wade is here to stay, deal with it.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by TayoD1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
@pres-elect,

First of, you need to jettisson the thought that marriage is a right.  It certainly is not. A State certified marriage license which they seek, like every driver's license out there is a State priviledge. A right is not authored by and cannot be given by man or any State. They are not being denied any right. They can sleeep with whomever they want,. but the State does not have to give them any license to do so.

And since when did a woman's right to choose metamorphose into her right to commit murder.  Their rights to choose ends where the rights of those babies begin. You cannot infringe on another's rights through insistence of yours.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by Hauwa1: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2009
they will be fine, Meghan McCain is there for them cool
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by yeswecan(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
bawomolo:

most americans are at the center. It's ignorant to claim democrats are only liberals or republicans are only conservative.

have you heard of log cabin republicans? they are flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roe vs wade is here to stay, deal with it.

What are you talking about you are just all over the place. I asked a question earlier "what is the Democrat's position on abortion and Gay right" The Republican's position is very clear and so is the democrat. Sure there are Pro life democrats and pro choice republicans, this is not the case. Colin powell supports Obama that doesn't place him between the parties his position as a Republican is very clear.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by bawomolo(m): 11:14pm On Apr 28, 2009
yeswecan:

What are you talking about you are just all over the place. I asked a question earlier "what is the Democrat's position on abortion and Gay right" The Republican's position is very clear and so is the democrat. Sure there are Pro life democrats and pro choice republicans, this is not the case. Colin powell supports Obama that doesn't place him between the parties his position as a Republican is very clear.

the issues of gay marriage and abortion crosses across party lines. why would u dislike one party for it

it's funny the tayo-D's of the world who cringe about paying taxes and abhor welfare are quick to tell a woman she must have a baby. na you go take care of pikin?
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by TayoD1(m): 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
@bawomolo,

it's funny the tayo-D's of the world who cringe about paying taxes and abhor welfare are quick to tell a woman she must have a baby. na you go take care of pikin?
And its funny that the bawomolos and Obamas of this world who talk about an era of personal responsibility think it appropriate to kill the consequences of your willful action. Unfortunately, this involves the termination of human life!
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by yeswecan(m): 12:12am On Apr 29, 2009
@bawomolo.  Thanks for your comments anyway, you have made your position very clear. I bet you think you are at the center (Like most Americans) well you are not. You are obviously a pro choice, a BIG ONE.

This is a direct question “Do you subscribe to abortion right?” It deserves a yes or no, which center?

In the US, there have been 40 million since 1973, when abortion was made legal. There are 126,000 abortions per day worldwide. From 1973 through 2005, more than 45 million legal abortions occurred. What about the illegal/unregistered abortions imagine the actual figure, this is the greatest massacre under the surface of the earth.

I don't even understand how this theory came about “ killing a child in the womb”. Who started this? Who came up with this idea? God help us oooooooooo
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 29, 2009
Tayo-D:

@bawomolo,
And its funny that the bawomolos and Obamas of this world who talk about an era of personal responsibility think it appropriate to kill the consequences of your willful action.  Unfortunately, this involves the termination of human life!

the taxpayers are tired of paying for the willful actions of irresponsible pro-lifers.

Thank you for seeing the light Mr. Specter.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by yeswecan(m): 12:32am On Apr 29, 2009
davidylan:

the taxpayers are tired of paying for the willful actions of irresponsible pro-lifers.

Thank you for seeing the light Mr. Specter.

This goes beyond pro life and Choice. This is the killing of your own child, it not different from poisoning your 15 years old son because you don't have the means to send him to college, that’s the way I see it.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 29, 2009
yeswecan:

This goes beyond pro life and Choice. This is the killing of your own child, it not different from poisoning your 15 years old son because you don't have the means to send him to college, that’s the way I see it.

The government cannot legislate a woman's womb . . .
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by bawomolo(m): 2:35am On Apr 29, 2009
And its funny that the bawomolos and Obamas of this world who talk about an era of personal responsibility think it appropriate to kill the consequences of your willful action.  Unfortunately, this involves the termination of human life!

personal responsibility is my business as long as i don't affect you.  The Government can't tell a woman what she can do with her body and this included assisted suicide in my opinion. She is the one enduring 9months and not mr.tayo D.  surprisingly republicans won't hesitate to bash single moms that apply for government aid.

@bawomolo.  Thanks for your comments anyway, you have made your position very clear. I bet you think you are at the center (Like most Americans) well you are not. You are obviously a pro choice, a BIG ONE.

i'm a blood sucking liberal, i've never hidden this on the board. look at my post history.

In the US, there have been 40 million since 1973, when abortion was made legal.

rich americans used to send their pregnant daughters on "vacation" to europe when abortion was illegal in the US. poor americans usually used quacks.  Ronald reagan like policy of cutting welfare funds while preaching pro-life blah blah blah is hypocritical.  if u love kids, then be ready to pay for those cute babies

it not different from poisoning your 15 years old son because you don't have the means to send him to college, that’s the way I see it.

yes because 15 year old kid are TOTALLY DEPENDENT on their mums umbilical cord.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 2:45am On Apr 29, 2009
Tayo-D:

@pres-elect,
First of, you need to jettisson the thought that marriage is a right. It certainly is not. A State certified marriage license which they seek, like every driver's license out there is a State priviledge. A right is not authored by and cannot be given by man or any State. They are not being denied any right. They can sleeep with whomever they want,. but the State does not have to give them any license to do so.

And since when did a woman's right to choose metamorphose into her right to commit murder. Their rights to choose ends where the rights of those babies begin. You cannot infringe on another's rights through insistence of yours.

mr tayo D,

the US constitution establishes the right to a ''pursuit of happiness'' if those guys find happiness in same sex marriage, why should they be discriminated against? why not issue them their licence? are they blocking mr tayo D and his god limbaugh from sleeping with prostitutes or with their wives as the case may be?

so give them their licence ans stop playing god b/c you guys know nothing about the real God. if the US is a theocratic state(which i'll love to live in anyway . . as a xtian) then abortion/lesbians/homosexuals can be hammered out. but it is a constitutional democracy which allows so much liberty(thank God, i can freely be a xtian) but i have to respect the rights of those i disagree with including gays and pro choice individuals

in anycase, i'm having a great time today grin grin grin fox news is such a great place to be today. i'm loving the outrage in foxnews grin grin grin grin dem don finish specter grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by preselect(m): 2:50am On Apr 29, 2009
in the I960s, It was illegal for a white person to marry an african american in many US states. note that the president was born in the 60s. if hawaii was one of the states where such unions was illegal, the president may have been difficult to define as an individual.

some 200yrs ago, negro marriages oath did not end with ''till death do us part'' but with ''till death or distance do us part'' as one of the pair may be sold out. leave these people alone let them be and let God judge them on the ''day of reckoning''
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by bawomolo(m): 4:33am On Apr 29, 2009
the conservative nuts in the party have suceeded in chasing the moderates like Arlen Specter away. Southern Baptist nuts can have their party.

Joe Lieberman better ask for forgiveness from Lord Obama  grin

Log Cabin Homo's are welcomed in the democratic party too grin

The Liberals are coming  tongue
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:36am On Apr 29, 2009
bawomolo:

Joe Lieberman better ask for forgiveness from Lord Obama  grin

Rofl. cheesy

How crazy if senate ends up 60-40. They wouldnt even bother voting anymore

"yea you oppose? yea whatever, as we were saying"
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:37am On Apr 29, 2009

I wonder

yes, i feel you. but do they really support abortion and homosexuality or[b] do they allow gay people their rights and women the right of choice[/b]. . . .there is a difference between pro abortion and pro choice

Nice to see some logical comments. Shame some people dont know the difference.
Re: Senator Arlen Specter Switches Party To Democratic Party by yeswecan(m): 9:24am On Apr 29, 2009
@bawomolo and  davidylan

I respect your opinion and I hope you do same to mine because my position is very clear "Nothing justifies the killing of innocent babies"

The US constitution boldly states  "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property". I can see the Life here has been ommited or is it because they have no voice to protest?

ThiefOfHearts:

Rofl. cheesy

Shame some people dont know the difference.

Maybe you can educate me on the difference.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mind Blowing Facts About Abraham Lincoln And John F Kennedy / See President Obama Working At A Restaurant With The Daughter / Donald Trump Becomes 12th U.S. President To Meet The Queen(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.