Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) (10122 Views)

Fynestboi Elected Secretary General Of OAU STUDENTS UNION / Fynestboi Emerges OAU Students' Union Secretary General-elect / 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by nigeriancuban: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

The fear of facing the worse often make us forget that the worst started from been good and can still change back. We have over 80plus universities if let say 40 can join hands to say no to this, then bothering about the corrupt union will be put aside.
so what do you suggest they do,rally around with banners screaming kumbaya or go on a 2yr strike like asun?

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by kelvyn7: 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
shocked

no be small attention ooo angry
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ambac2bust: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by anonimi: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Unfortunately, APCheat with its leader Buhari and its "excellent" poster boy, Fashola cannot do anything for the education sector based on their track record.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
nigeriancuban:
so what do you suggest they do,rally around with banners screaming kumbaya or go on a 2yr strike like asun?
protest is not always the best resort, if universities union can come together nd have our demands written across to the appropriate authority, then things will change.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
tosyne2much:
May God help us

Fynestboi I hail with respect ooooo cool

Yes boss. Me greet you more.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by nigeriancuban: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
protest is not always the best resort, if universities union can come together nd have our demands written across to the appropriate authority, then things will change.
lol,funny you should say that,have the daemands placed by ASUU been achieved or has the so-called confab report been even read out,I know the confab was Jonas idea but it does matter ,if pmb really has naija's best interest at heart then picking some few good lines from the hidden book shouldn't be much of a challenge, would it?
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by dammytosh: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
These people don't really care majorly because none of their children is studying in these universities.

I wish a bill or law could be passed that will prevent politicians, civil workers, government officials from sending their children to foreign school.

I blame the student who still give politicians award of excellence and those who endorse continuity for those public office holders out of ignorance.

You can imagine a leader Govern for years and all the rots exists. The student will still say it is propaganda and not his fault. Even the jobless graduates who are adversely impacted also scream "Continue"

It is very annoying.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Obosiland: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nigeria as a country will remain like this,,zoo is zoo
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by flokii: 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
A promising, God loving and talented young lady, Oluchi Anekwe, a 300 level accounting student of the university of Lagos who was electrocuted right on campus on the 8th of September 2015, Oluchi had everything going well for her at barely 22, an age which she could have attained by December 5. She was on top of her social and academic life with an enviable grade and her dream of becoming a renowned investment banker was gradually taking shape. Not to talk much, such was her love for excellence before death knocked and left with her, leaving her lofty dreams in flames. So sad she would now be buried on the week she was meant to take her ICAN test. All these would have been avoided if not for some pitiable factors in the education sector of Nigeria.

The above piece put tears on my eyes and sting my curiosity as to what and where the education sector of our dear nation is heading to. Is it into destruction? Taking as aide the lives of undergraduates? Now who is the rightful bearer of this? The Federal Government or school management? Who is to be blamed for sucking the blood of the education sector like a greedy vampire? The most disturbing aspect of this is that, the more the increase in school fees, the worse the welfare of the students. It kept me ruminating on how the combined force of federal government and school management gave the family of Anekwe some long faces, broken spirits and an atmosphere filled with grief. If the electronic cable had been taken into cognizance or properly fixed, would the event that led to the death occur? I refuse to believe the her death was predetermined by any extramental force, I would be right, pointing accusing fingers at at the federal government for not properly funding education and the school management for leaving the cables in such deadly state without attending to them.

According to what I heard and read, this is not the first situation of nonchalant display of cables on the campus. Other universities are not also exempted, there are also such situtations left unattended to on OAU campus, hostels to be precise. With the way things are going, if care is not taken, federal universities will turn out to become a sort of abortion for bright futures. If undergraduates do not stand up to stop this trend, we might be hugging more occurrences. If we continue keeping mute without voicing out on the poor state of our hostels and school environs, we leave the “Monster” no alternative than to continue taking our colleagues.

This is a call-out to universities’ student union government, let us unite and eradicate this cankerworm eating deep into the education sector. Who says it’s not possible? Somebody lied!

http://www.eduregard.com/nigerian-education-sector-needs-attention-fynestboi/

you should tell that to your leaders who do not give a fvck about you or your education...

afterall their wards attend d best skols abroad.. and will eventually come back home to rule over you

I've had my fair share of Uni. life in Nigeria.. I can only hope things get better
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
nigeriancuban:
lol,funny you should say that,have the daemands placed by ASUU been achieved or has the so-called confab report been even read out,I know the confab was Jonas idea but it does matter ,if pmb really has naija's best interest at heart then picking some few good lines from the hidden book shouldn't be much of a challenge, would it?
Jonathan regime is of no good to the education sector, which is visible to blind and audible to the deaf, hence we can't draw reference using Jonathan regime to compare What we have now, in good faith I belive if our demands are channeled through universities unions their will be change.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by FANE4Naija: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
I'll be back
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Buhari should make himself Minister of Education or Defence Minister. These are the sectors that need urgent attention.....Selfish double faced idiotas.
Change indeed!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by bellville: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
That lady's death was avoidable. What do you expect when student unions and NANS are busy running after politicians for peanut?

You can shop for books. Check my signature.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by anonimi: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
Jonathan regime is of no good to the education sector, which is visible to blind and audible to the deaf, hence we can't draw reference using Jonathan regime to compare What we have now, in good faith I belive if our demands are channeled through universities unions their will be change.

Please how can the education sector deliver good quality?
How much are primary, VOCATIONAL secondary, TECHNICAL school and tertiary institutions teachers and other workers paid?
How much do WE give our

- LGA Councillor
- LGA Chairman
- state governor.
- state assembly honourable
- federal representaTHIEF
- SINator

- president

It is only a stewpid Nigerian who will expect the best from these comparatively UNDERPAID workers in the education sector, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943663_salar_jpeg17507ee9e7182339f9c9b827ff56ee7b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
nigeriancuban:
[quote author=nigeriancuban post=39044432]

This your advert is against the law. Your signature is already an implicating evidence and you will do well to remove and desist from posting building and architectural drawings here, except if you are not a registered Architect.
We all know that the economy is bad but let us be careful about what we do.
Anyway those drawings need to be looked at again. *From a concerned Architect.....and please do not be offended, it's just an advice.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
I think the biggest problem we have as a people is our COLLECTIVE APATHY to the sufferings of our fellow Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by olaitan9291(m): 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
This is not the federal government's fault but the school management.
minister of education wasn't aware of the cable you're talking about but the school management does.
the school management should be blame and not the federal government. thank you.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by 400billionman: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
Every sector needs attention in Nigeria.

See how children are being raped in south west. Oops ! Off topic.

I hope the gains made by GEJ govt in agriculture, automotive and human development wont be lost under Buhari.

Nigeria's problem is hydra headed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Solobenny(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Let's start an online campaign! They must hear our voice!! #SaveOurUniversities Poor hostel facilities!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by rapmike(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
A promising, God loving and talented young lady, Oluchi Anekwe, a 300 level accounting student of the university of Lagos who was electrocuted right on campus on the 8th of September 2015, Oluchi had everything going well for her at barely 22, an age which she could have attained by December 5. She was on top of her social and academic life with an enviable grade and her dream of becoming a renowned investment banker was gradually taking shape. Not to talk much, such was her love for excellence before death knocked and left with her, leaving her lofty dreams in flames. So sad she would now be buried on the week she was meant to take her ICAN test. All these would have been avoided if not for some pitiable factors in the education sector of Nigeria.

The above piece put tears on my eyes and sting my curiosity as to what and where the education sector of our dear nation is heading to. Is it into destruction? Taking as aide the lives of undergraduates? Now who is the rightful bearer of this? The Federal Government or school management? Who is to be blamed for sucking the blood of the education sector like a greedy vampire? The most disturbing aspect of this is that, the more the increase in school fees, the worse the welfare of the students. It kept me ruminating on how the combined force of federal government and school management gave the family of Anekwe some long faces, broken spirits and an atmosphere filled with grief. If the electronic cable had been taken into cognizance or properly fixed, would the event that led to the death occur? I refuse to believe the her death was predetermined by any extramental force, I would be right, pointing accusing fingers at at the federal government for not properly funding education and the school management for leaving the cables in such deadly state without attending to them.

According to what I heard and read, this is not the first situation of nonchalant display of cables on the campus. Other universities are not also exempted, there are also such situtations left unattended to on OAU campus, hostels to be precise. With the way things are going, if care is not taken, federal universities will turn out to become a sort of abortion for bright futures. If undergraduates do not stand up to stop this trend, we might be hugging more occurrences. If we continue keeping mute without voicing out on the poor state of our hostels and school environs, we leave the “Monster” no alternative than to continue taking our colleagues.

This is a call-out to universities’ student union government, let us unite and eradicate this cankerworm eating deep into the education sector. Who says it’s not possible? Somebody lied!

http://www.eduregard.com/nigerian-education-sector-needs-attention-fynestboi/

I blame the school management. Many at times they sell students short by doing unnecessary projects. For example: in OAU, they are building a glass senate building when the one they had( which they extended not too long ago) has not been exhausted or completely built. Parts of the other one is abandoned and am sure that they have not exhausted all the rooms there. Meanwhile they have not built a single hostel in campus since 1994( or earlier sef). This lack of priority will kill students quickly.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
I just hope we get a good minister of education, some schools need to be closed....
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by nigeriancuban: 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
[quote author=Eintelekt post=39045156][/quote]lol,what do you know about architecture?obviously u r still scratching its surface
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by BarrIgbokwe(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
Actions for Negligence and Nuisance can be successfully advanced in this regard and determinable damages claimed.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by npn001(f): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
In fact it is something that needs to urgently be addressed, I remember last year precisely during the first semester exam a young girl hawking groundnut died as a result of an opened live underground cable that needed to have been covered long time ago by the maintenance unit of the University of Ibadan but was not. You can't imagine the agony and pain the girl passed through before she died and nobody could go close to her to rescue her because it rained that day and the ground was extremely wet. The friends of the girl laterally cried their eyes out and what did the university management do, they simply swept the matter under the carpet and said "she wasn't suppose to be hawking moreso she's not a student of the school, only after her death did the maintenance guys came to repair the cable and laid it underground which is where it was supposed to have been if they had been proactive enough and if they took their jobs seriously.

The painful thing was that nobody lost his/her job. They simply killed the matter and went on with other things. Tha

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience / Enugu's Izuchukwu Godswill Edeani Wins National Scientists Presidential Award / I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.