Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? (11594 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by wanville(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
:p
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by loma(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2009
After all those dodo pictures, I got hypnotised into frying plantain, and i am now enjoying it with rice and meat! grin

1 Like

Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
Mashkov:

@Toyinrayo,

You have just made yourself an enemy in me. How can you raise a topic like this causing so much mouthwatering for me especially when one is in  the office and feeling so hungry. I wish I can smack you for doing this.

Anyway, I love mine real soft and fried brown like the one in one of them plate.

e no reach that level na. . . .just fry am when you get home tongue tongue

@EX F
Oh yea yea right, am sorry it wasn't abt iPhone and Acer laptops.

Then maybe you wouldn't have posted that
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
AMAKAONE:

and your point sir is, ?

help me ask am o grin grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Outstrip(f): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2009
When I don't lose any weight this week I can always blame nairaland
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmAlone: 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2009
@POSTER

dude, you no get work at all at all

what next now ORGEYDE? tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2009
And this idiot wonders why he's still alone
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmAlone: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2009
Got rid of ma old bitch now ave got new holes

Toyinrayo sorry ain't got time for BITCHES gotta keep my mind on ma mother fuc.king Riches.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2009
Just waka, thanks.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by bluesky4(f): 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2009
[img]http://karmafreecooking.files./2008/07/platanos.jpg[/img]

the second one looks like a banana!

I like mine medium riped, just because i dont like the mushy feel of too riped plantain like the last one. And the plantain that is too riped always soak the most oil, not good.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Sissy3(f): 5:55am On May 01, 2009
i dont like plantains embarassed embarassed
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by velmaN(f): 8:54am On May 01, 2009
Yes o I do love me some plantains . @ times U get them @ the African store and sometimes in Jamaican/Mexian store.
Dont they derive dodo-ikire from the extra soft ones, and the not so ripe ones get boli from them abi (Boli ati epa delicacy, delicious, )
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ExInferis(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2009
AMAKAONE:

and your point sir is, ?

my point, ma'am, is this entire thread is pointless and has no justification for its existence. of all the serious stuff you can ponder on, it has to be fried plantain? this topic has neither entertainment nor educational merits and adds no value to nairaland.

you might as well talk about the stuff i posted earlier.

and it seems all that fried oily plantain has deadened your sense of sarcasm.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmAlone: 12:18pm On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Just waka, thanks.

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by largie(f): 1:03pm On May 01, 2009
i love the very soft one fried with palm oil
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by shilling(f): 1:28pm On May 01, 2009
I'm quite open to any type apart from the over-ripe type cos it soaks too much oil. Gosh, I miss plantain sooooooo much, it's been 5 months sad
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by argent(f): 2:24pm On May 01, 2009
I dont really take plantain but if am going to eat at all, it has to be the very soft one.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by utotomi2: 5:39pm On May 01, 2009
I like the ripe ripe ripe ripe one. The one that is very soft and sweeeeeeet.
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by A40(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2009
I like it ripe,soft and well-fried anything else is simply not good enough unripe plantain turns ma stomach undecided undecided
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by royalicon(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2009
Na wa o for this Totinrayo and food stuffs, She must have studied Food Mgt in the University if i guess right.

Keep it up and pls prepare cat-fish pepper-soup for me ooooooooooo. grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 01, 2009
royalicon:

Na wa o for this Totinrayo and food stuffs, She must have studied Food Mgt in the University if i guess right.

Keep it up and pls prepare cat-fish pepper-soup for me ooooooooooo. grin
That would be [b]Hauwa [/b]and her food. cheesy

I learned from the best teacher.

No be only cat-fish pepper soup  grin grin grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 01, 2009
largie:

i love the very soft one fried with palm oil
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by hilli666(m): 9:55pm On May 01, 2009
Hell yeah! Plantain is the shiiiiiiiit. I like it, I love it, and I want it right now. freshly fried with some jollof rice and some fried stew and beef. Can I get an amen?
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by utotomi2: 11:09pm On May 01, 2009
[size=15pt]AMEN!![/size] MORE PLANTAIN TO THE PEOPLE!!! MORE DODO DODO DODO FOR ALL!!!!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 2:27am On May 02, 2009
~"Dodo",that's a funny name for plantain,in my language Dodo means A large or protruding belly button grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mamaorga(f): 12:09pm On May 02, 2009
mohawkchic:

~"Dodo",that's a funny name for plantain,in my language Dodo means A large or protruding belly button grin
WAT LANGUAGE DO U SPEAK?
WHAT DOES KELE WELE MEAN?
I KNW GHANAIANS CALL PLANTAIN KELE WELE
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by landwin: 8:45pm On May 02, 2009
I don't have a friend by the name "Plantain" grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by AmAlone: 11:39pm On May 02, 2009
Ex Inferis:

my point, ma'am, is this entire thread is pointless and has no justification for its existence. of all the serious stuff you can ponder on, it has to be fried plantain? this topic has neither entertainment nor educational merits and adds no value to nairaland.

you might as well talk about the stuff i posted earlier.

and it seems all that fried oily plantain has deadened your sense of sarcasm.

you funny SHA! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:55pm On May 02, 2009
mohawk, your language sounds like its a bit similar to Yoruba in little ways

protuding belly button aka outtie is idodo in Yoruba smiley
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 12:46am On May 05, 2009
mama orga:

WAT LANGUAGE DO U SPEAK?
WHAT DOES KELE WELE MEAN?
I KNW GHANAIANS CALL PLANTAIN KELE WELE

~Lingua Franca ~Krio

~Kelewele Is a Ghanian recipe,loved it when i visted & tried it,been making my own Kelewele since!
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by mohawkchic(f): 12:51am On May 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

mohawk, your language sounds like its a bit similar to Yoruba in little ways

protuding belly button aka outtie is idodo in Yoruba smiley

~Oh Wow! Kwel . . Opened a tab to read up about Yoruba Langauage & pronouncation wink
Re: How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? by FBS: 9:09am On May 05, 2009
Moderately ripe. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Need A Great Cake? Please Call Me / About Yam . . . / How Do You Make Your Own Cookies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.