Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

How MTN Is Defrauding Their Subscribers Through Their So Called Free Calls - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How MTN Is Defrauding Their Subscribers Through Their So Called Free Calls (509 Views)

MUST SEE: Check Out Photos Of A Ponzi Scheme Admin Defrauding Nigerians / ** Do Not Invest In The So-called BITCOIN ** Deceitful Investment / 10 Questions For MMM Subscribers (Mavrodians) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How MTN Is Defrauding Their Subscribers Through Their So Called Free Calls by kawasng: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Some weeks ago MTN came up with its MTN-MTN free calls, using *142# code. I joined. I also introduced it to some people around me. They joined also. We have been in the program smoothly until Monday, 12th Oct.
On 12th October, MTN took my N50.00 claiming that I had subscribed to CNN News. I never subscribed to CNN News. Well, I felt that was an indirect way of taking my money for the reduced call rate they have been giving to me in the name of Free Mtn to Mtn calls. I forgot all about it.
This morning, Friday, 16th Oct., I loaded my phone, ready to activate again another week for the program. They normally charge me N200.00 a week. I checked my balance. I had more than N200.00 in my account. I sent my activation. They deducted N150.00 from my account and refused to subscribe me, with the excuse that I didn’t have enough fund to subscribe me. They said I should fund my account and try again. Meanwhile, they have taken my N150.00 just like that. Whom in MTN should I complain to, that will listen and do something.
Just last week a relation complained to me that MTN has been deducting money from his account each time he loaded. He said he was leaving MTN. I am sure MTN has been doing to millions of their subscribers what they have been doing to me since Monday. I am afraid that if I continue to subscribe to their MTN to MTN free call they will keep defrauding me of my money.
I have decided to report this to the forum for two reasons. One, if anyone has experienced what I have had with MTN, the one should let members of this forum know, so that MTN subscribers can be at alert. Two, MTN should refund me the N200.00 they had fraudulently removed from my account. I don’t know if they read postings in this great forum, so as to respond to issues that concern them.
Thanks.
Re: How MTN Is Defrauding Their Subscribers Through Their So Called Free Calls by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Oh Well, you should call the customer care to complain. If you cant visit MTN friendhsip centre to complain, you can tweet them, or send messages to them on facebook. I'm sure you will get explanations and resolution to such problem.

Coming here to bring down the name of such great brand is the right thing to do. tongue

ONLY IF YOU KNOW ENOUGH, YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE RUNNING AFTER NCC AND NOT GLO, MTN, AIRTEL OR ETISALAT.

(1) (Reply)

Generating #150,000 To #300,000 From MINI IMPORTATION BUSINESS / Receiving Money In Nigeria Through Paypal / Poor Customer Service At Gtb Broad Street Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.