Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Home Practice Secret Of Starting Public Speaking - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Home Practice Secret Of Starting Public Speaking (944 Views)

My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / 5 Ways To Improve On Your Public Speaking Skills / Home Practice Secret Of Public Speaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Home Practice Secret Of Starting Public Speaking by marenx: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Every good practice begins from home and starting public speaking is no an exception. To activate the itch, I glanced at heaven and earth and ask myself whether I am different from those that can make it and I refuse to agree that I can't make it. I start doing all that I can to see how the future may be and at the hotch-potch of trials this turns out to be the most helpful secret.

Also read: Home Practice Secret Of Public Speaking https://www.nairaland.com/2668035/home-practice-secret-public-speaking

First, by heart lens, I see public speaking as a niche but not as a niche as it is but as something worth revealing that I have. Public speaking is all about telling the public what they should do to help themselves while advertising and selling your product. Public speaking is not purely different from blogging. The only difference is you are valued than a blogger because you are exceedingly trusted. And you can be a blogger while doing public speaking and this is not adding any extra hard work.

At the foot of the ladder, I have a secret. As a teacher, I know how to take advantage of the knowledge you gain in school to live a better life. I am an example. I am not richer than you but you think I am because of how I look clean. You can see me. You can shake hand with and ask me how do I start. You can visit and see me with my wife and my daughter. I am not like a blogger who only shows you his picture. The difference between me and you is that I have a value that you need, which is a catalyst to yours.

Having a secret to show a big difference, beyond the height of imagination, I buy chairs and a standard writing board and launch myself as an entrepreneur. (This is also a beginning step of opening a school). Once I get those equipment, I spend a little amount of money renting a conference room or class.

At the invigorating stage (to quickly get popular), I look for my disciples. These are aspiring teachers. I pay them by teaching them how to do what I am doing and by allowing them to introduce people to my knowledge and to serve as program presenters. I pay those that help me in teaching other field. They also make part of the audience.

In the beginning a public speaker is like an evangelist. He is a founder like an evangelist, who found a church and employs a pastor to handle it. In progresss, he claims he cures the sick and know how to make the destitute rich. With this claim, he gets more than ten believers and appoints all to work with him. They head the small ground like choir, women fellowship, youth band, etc. Through them, others start coming. Gradually, he gets thousand people. To pay his pioneers (the people that help him begin the church), he sponsors them to become pastors and opens branches for them to manage. Soon some of them open their own.

Like a winning evangelist, a public speaker begins by giving free or cheap services. I begin by lecturing people free of charge and sell my books cheaply. To get more popular, I invite aspiring musicians or dancers to make the occasion colorful. People find it interesting and start attending as flocks. In a particular height, I call it a show and many aspiring musicians beg me to feature them for people to see them. I advertise on media, both online and offline. Gradually, at the peak of a hat, I sell tickets for attending.

As I reach a middle class of the game, figuratively the middle of the stairs, having at least a sufficient followers, I apply for sponsors and organize a summit show that quickly makes me stand out as a celebrity. I look for sponsors from big big companies like Peak Milk, banks, insurance. They advertise their products during the session. What I talk about indirectly persuade the audience to buy their product. I talk about what make life better and healthy.

But according to public observers, it is easier said than done. However, since I make a peanut from the tough beginning to keep the body and soul moving together while still collecting a salary as a teacher, it is not difficult. I speak good English with good pronunciation to stand out from the crowd.

By Maren John Mafuyai, a literary contributor from Jos

(1) (Reply)

My One Chance Story / Does Anyone Know The Title Of This Novel? / My Sister My Best friend(flashback Story) --by Tinydick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.