Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence (56533 Views)

LUTH, Psychiatric Hospital Discharge Patients Due To Strike / Nigerian Philanthropist Adepeju Olukokun Pays Off People's Medical Bills At LUTH / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Ezeibe(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
How will/can someone look at his precious wife & start beating her.......... To me Its strange, & I find it hard to understand, definitely something must Be wrong some where, no matter what it is, I can't & will never lay my hands on my dear wife.......... My dad never tried that on my mum so why should I .... (marriage is meant to be enjoyed and not endured.

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
teeowl:
Exactly! Nigerians are hypocrites. It is the same set of people that would be abusing her for divorcing her husband just like how they keep hounding linda ikeji (on the internet) to go and get married.

I wonder bro when I defend Linda they curse me join

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Tolatutu: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nigerians have to stop telling women to stay in abusive relationships. People also have to stop looking down on divorcees, that is why many women are staying till they are killed. Even for religious people the I believe that best thing is to tell the woman to first move out and then she can pray for him to change. if after going for counseling ( counseling is essential) he seems to have changed they can have a trial period to see if it's real. If he ever so much as pushes her after that, that should be the end.

Stop telling women to stay and be praying while they remain in the same unsafe environment. First thing is to remove themselves from danger, most of these wife beaters downt start off planning to kill their wives but one day the beating escalates and the wives ends up dead. Some other woman will soon marry the goat again as long as he escapes prison and instead for her parents to advice her against marrying a man with such an issue hanging over his head they will say it was because the other woman was stubborn and they will push their daughter in it just so she can be MRS!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by trapQ: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
If you read carefully, you'd see that the user above you clearly knew her and has attested to other cases of abuse by the husband of the disease. This can be used against the husband in the court of law when the autopsy is out.
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, the report never mentioned that it was her man that battered her. Abi you be eyewitness?
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by 400billionman: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
mikolo80:
for goodness sake, why intelligent looking woman go de marry foolish men like dis and we de hia De find betaa wife

She wan marry fellow dokita nah.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by tayemike(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
yatch360:
THE Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi Araba, was thrown into mourning yesterday, following  the death of a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Dr Hestianna Thomas.

Her death was discussed in hushed tone by workers.

The mother of two is believed to be a victim of domestic violence.

Some women described her as a compassionate doctor who helped saved their children’s lives.

The Nation gathered that the late Dr Thomas, whose husband is a Consultant Clinical Pathologist at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, reported for duty three days ago, until she was brought in yesterday to LUTH battered.

A source said: “A close examination of her body revealed a lot of lacerations.

“In fact, I noticed that the head had a deep cut. When other colleagues also saw her, they said there was a deep cut on her skull, because they saw pierced bone.
Source.http://thenationonlineng.net/luth-consultant-dies/

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by bellville: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sad. It's really sad to lose one paediatrician in a country with only about 600 paediatricians. Rest in peace, doc.

#sayNOtodomesticviolence

Shop for books. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by DoTheNeedful: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Na doctor marry doctor sef both consultants and must be grossing combined income of around 1.5 million per month embarassed. So sad. Marrying for class and status only is not always advisable. After marrying for class and status many people still dont get the fulfilment of marriage. While i hate poverty,money is not everything

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Amhappy(f): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
RIP Dr. I wished you walked away before it was too late.

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by mekybabe1: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
True talk o.. cry
superstar1:
What were their parents looking at before it got to this stage of irreparable loss?

Heard her father is a Professor in Uniben.

What was their church looking at? I am sure they were preaching the same endurance and patience and see where it led to, with that beast of a husband.

The lady has always been serially battered by her husband.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Seun360(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Marriage is not for everybody.

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by dalu: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
No it's not a well known fact.. Hestia worked with me for years.. She came in in a pool of blood with a nylon bag over her head face smashed in chest and arms fractured.. Husband told us she had a history of depression and suicidal attempts and that her family know this.. For now we are working with that.. The family may or may not confirm this.. She's had a full body scan post mortem and is in the morgue.. Please don't speculate and cause unnecessary pain to her 2 kids
superstar1:

I am very much aware of the story.

It is a well known fact that the husband beats her on a regular and steady basis.

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by debbydee(f): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
lets not confuse our selves here.

There is no bible believing church that will insist you stay in an abusive relationship. What they will tell you is move away for some time while you are away, never indulge in adultery of all sorts but rather pray for your partner for a change of heart but if he/she continues you keep praying until he/she repents. Use your brain. No go die for nothing......

I do not support divorce.

I do not support abusive relationship.

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
AS USUAL FASHOLA WILL BLAME GEJ shocked
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by dalu: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

I am very much aware of the story.

It is a well known fact that the husband beats her on a regular and steady basis.
No it's not a well known fact.. Hestia worked with me for years.. She came in in a pool of blood with a nylon bag over her head face smashed in chest and arms fractured.. Husband told us she had a history of depression and suicidal attempts and that her family know this.. For now we are working with that.. The family may or may not confirm this.. She's had a full body scan post mortem and is in the morgue.. Please don't speculate and cause unnecessary pain to her 2 kids
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by bellville: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
This case should be well-monitored. I have a feeling that the husband's colleagues may want to cover this up at the autopsy stage just to absolve him.
We are watching.

10 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by babafirst(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
And some people say divorce is not an option?How did she wait this long and why did the man not also leave when he realized he couldn't remain with her?RIP Madam,so sad.

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by dalu: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
bellville:
Sad. It's really sad to lose one paediatrician in a country with only about 600 paediatricians. Rest in peace, doc.

#sayNOtodomesticviolence

Shop for books. Check my signature.
actually hestia is a pediatric surgeon not a paediatrician big difference.. There are only about 50 in Nigeria and only about 10 females in that specialty... so huge loss for naija

7 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
onosprince:
Too much bad news in my papa house
Choi.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by tokeflyn(f): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin
TonyeBarcanista:
And the unintelligent?
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by dalu: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
bellville:
This case should be well-monitored. I have a feeling that the husband's colleagues may want to cover this up at the autopsy stage just to absolve him.
We are watching.
a full body CT scan has been ordered to itemize the injuries.. And a full file has been documented. The CMD of luth is a paediatric surgeon that trained her.. So he's got a special interest here.. No possibility of a cover up

5 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by yomi007k(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
So wat d heck r de waiting for?
Get d huvbby arrested n charge him to court.

No body is pressing charges? undecided

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by pet4ril(f): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Never wave away warning signs in a rlship... the man must have done one or two things related to this in the past and they will say he will change. ....it's better to remain single hoping to be married dan to be married and be sent to an early grave by the rascal you get married to angry angry

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
bellville:
We are watching.
....I have forgotten the authors though grin. Read 'em books years back....in case you got them: Tender Fire and Star Dreams (Kiki Devlin) is a prominent name in the latter novel. I beg, I need these 2 like kilode. Thanks sad
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by toludadon(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Women, don't stay a second in an abusive relationship or marriage. The same pastor that advised you not to leave will be the one to be saying ashes to ashes, dust to dust.. Please, avoid a beast whether the beast is a man or a woman.. Marriage is to be enjoyed not endured

5 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by bellville: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
dalu:
a full body CT scan has been ordered to itemize the injuries.. And a full file has been documented. The CMD of luth is a paediatric surgeon that trained her.. So he's got a special interest here.. No possibility of a cover up
Good to know. Thanks.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by emerich(m): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Reasons why ladies should place love above "STATUS" in choosing a life partner, sure she turned lots of prospective suitors for her professional colleague, a feat that is common amongst the Medical practitionals.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by lastpage: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
yerilistik:
This is unimaginable in this modern world.
I think a thorough investigation and autopsy should be conducted to confirm cause of death !

No need for any INVESTIGATION, "The Mob" already said her husband killed her!

What news can be more "horrifically entertaining" than that?..... in this current "Woman Vs. Man" end times world ?

shocked shocked

Over to the "femminazzes" .... food don land!
grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Orikinla(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
LOVE IS NOT BY FORCE. MARRIAGE IS NOT BY FORCE. IT IS BETTER AND SAFER TO REMAIN SINGLE AND FREE THAN BE MISERABLE OR MURDERED IN ANY RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE. The only harm I have ever done to any woman in my life is fork her for four hours with intervals and she moaned for more.

2 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Too bad & evil her husband shd be jailed 4 life.
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by GOODNESS2020: 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
Husband is a pathologist?
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by lastpage: 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
yomi007k:
So wat d heck r de waiting for?
Get d huvbby arrested n charge him to court.

No body is pressing charges? undecided

Stop being a silly Eediot!

You dont charge people to coiurt based on "sentiments".

You finish the investigation FIRST!

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN / Lagos Lockdown; Berger Axis In Pictures / Baby Born Without Ear In A Nigerian Hospital Due To Use Of Contraceptives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.