Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? (863 Views)

Which Of These Skills Is Best To Acquire Both On A Short And Long Run? / These Skills Are Hard To Learn But Pay Off For The Rest Of Your Life / Acquire these Skills In Our Skill Aquisition Center: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? by versashee: 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello, my fellow nairalanders and career experts. I am a student of mechanical engineering in one of the prestigious Federal universities of Technology in Nigeria.

I have interest in learning Autodesk inventor(Mechanical engineering software, i have completed the training and aiming for perfection), Vector/Vexelling(Digital painting), C++ programming(A programming language), Blogging and recently i have fallen in love with Pimping of cars and other stuffs, I want to be an entrepreneur and at the same time would love to work in an oil servicing firm.

Now, i have gotten little knowledge in all of them and i am kind of learning all at the same time. I really need advice on the one to focus more on because as the saying goes;"A jack of all trade is a master of none". I am really confused right now cos i have mixed dreams.

I would need advice from everyone who has passed this stage in life and how they made their decisions because according to the recent thread which i read here on nairaland on Mistakes we make on our 20-30, i dont want to be stuck in a situation where i would realize i have made a mistake at the end.

As the saying goes; "Aim for the moon, if you miss you could hit a star" but i do not even know the moon to aim at

cc: lalasticlala
cc: xfire
cc: emasky4real
cc: jarushub

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? by yorex2011: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Forget that crap saying o.. You can be both a jack and a master
Right now i knw 3ds max and maya, learning web development and java/android programming, also have some knowledge of autocad which i aim to improve on soon

I would advise you improve on the autocad inventor, and learn c++ or java

Just know one thing, no knowledge is wasted, you should be glad you have a penchant for self improvement and learning things, same as me

With time you will experience unity
Don't forget your Mech engine too
Push yourself.... Broaden your horizon... Goodluck
Sent a pm..

I'm not a career expert btw, just a fellow guy smiley

Mr Jarus should have something to say to you
Re: Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? by versashee: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
yorex2011:
Forget that crap saying o.. You can be both a jack and a master
Right now i knw 3ds max and maya, learning web development and java/android programming, also have some knowledge of autocad which i aim to improve on soon

I would advise you improve on the autocad inventor, and learn c++ or java

Just know one thing, no knowledge is wasted, you should be glad you have a penchant for self improvement and learning things, same as me

With time you will experience unity
Don't forget your Mech engine too
Push yourself.... Broaden your horizon... Goodluck
Sent a pm..

I'm not a career expert btw, just a fellow guy smiley

Mr Jarus should have something to say to you

Thanks alot for your reply. I will focus on the inventor and then i will study my programming harder. I recieved your pm and i am now trying to reply it. It seems mr. Jarushub is not active for now becasue he has not replied yet. I also had intention of learning 3ds max sometime ago when i found interest in animation. I am just feeling like i dont have a dream.
Re: Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? by ptoall1000: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
C sharp is better than c++. If u can focus on it the sky is limit. But focus on one thing o
Re: Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? by versashee: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
ptoall1000:
C sharp is better than c++. If u can focus on it the sky is limit. But focus on one thing o
Thanks,

I learnt java programming and was able to write a program that could predict calculations (It was a small programme tho). Later, we were thought c++ in school which i fell in love with because you dont need to debug always unlike in java where a small mistake could make the program start showing 234 errors after maybe debugging 56 errors. I found c++ interesting and easier for me and also other guys adviced me to focus on c++ since it is mostly required by companies.
Re: Which Of These Skills Should I Focus On? by b2oohh: 6:41am On Oct 18, 2015
Improve your customer service skills.
levels available
from foundations(Beginners)
Intermediate (some experience)
Advanced (very experienced)

Locations in Lagos and Abuja

(1) (Reply)

Charles Dukwe Buys 12 Pricey Suv's For His Staff! / See This Accountant Who Turned To Food Hawking In Order To Survive(photos) / What Are The Career Options For A Graduate Of Political Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.