Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? (2499 Views)

Pro Joshua Iginla Visits The Upper Room Where Jesus Appeared After Resurrection / Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by koife(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2015
Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed this...SOOOO GLAD I TOOK THE TIME TO READ THIS!

The Gospel of John (20:7) tells us that the napkin, which was placed over the face of Jesus, was not just thrown aside like the grave clothes. The Bible takes an entire verse to tell us that the napkin was neatly folded, and was placed separate from the grave clothes.

Early Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. She said, 'They have taken the Lord's body out of the tomb, and I don't know where they have put him!' Peter and the other disciple ran to the tomb to see.. The other disciple outran Peter and got there first. He stooped and looked in and saw the linen cloth lying there, but he didn't go in.
Then Simon Peter arrived and went inside. He also noticed the linen wrappings lying there, while the cloth that had covered Jesus' head was folded up and lying to the side.
Was that important? Absolutely!

Is it really significant? Yes!
In order to understand the significance of the folded napkin, you have to understand a little bit about Hebrew tradition of that day. The folded napkin had to do with the Master and Servant, and every Jewish boy knew this tradition.
When the servant set the dinner table for the master, he made sure that it was exactly the way the master wanted it..
The table was furnished perfectly, and then the servant would wait, just out of sight, until the master had finished eating, and the servant would not dare touch that table, until the master was finished. Now, if the master were done eating, he would rise from the table, wipe his fingers, his mouth, and clean his beard, and would wad up that napkin and toss it onto the table.
The servant would then know to clear the table. For in those days, the wadded napkin meant, 'I'm done'.
But if the master got up from the table, and folded his napkin, and laid it beside his plate, the servant would not dare touch the table,
because........... The folded napkin meant,
'I'm coming back!'

HE'S COMING BACK!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Yellowson(m): 6:51am On Oct 17, 2015
I smell critics OP grin
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by koife(m): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2015
Yellowson:
I smell critics OP grin
They have their opinion to make
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by mebad(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2015
Yellowson:
I smell critics OP grin

You better stop smelling things
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Yellowson(m): 7:00am On Oct 17, 2015
mebad:

You better stop smelling things

I smell you grin
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Babatindan: 7:02am On Oct 17, 2015
Sure! He's coming back and may we be ready @His coming 'Amen'. Give your life to Jesus.
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 7:55am On Oct 17, 2015
Yellowson:
I smell critics OP grin
Of course, why wouldnt critic be smelled
There are so many holes in this, no offense, dreamed-up-regurgitate hence the skepticism

How and why people COPY information seen on websites
without checking out or verifying AN assumed
''Jewish custom'' like a true Berean would do, just beats me.

koife:
They have their opinion to make
Maybe it's because you're unwittingly helping along and/or perpetuating the distortion of John 20:7
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2015
A zombie got up and first thing was to fold his cover cloth The story teller messed up there. He should have hired Shakespeare.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2015
ifeness:
A zombie got up and first thing was to fold his cover cloth
Of course you couldnt help slipping in a sarcasm
Zombies, as a matter of fact, are fictional sou-lless living dead beings, deep rooted in voodoo belief
and/or other popular folklore popularised by Hollywood, by Michael Jackson's Thriller music video etcetera

ifeness:
The story teller messed up there. He should have hired Shakespeare.
The story teller was on point and doesnt need to hire Shakespeare
Shakespeare's got nothing on this nor on the story teller

They dont dont teach or explain things like these in the body of Christ
Why? Because its not a money making opportunity

Wish you understood the significance of the wrapped up, rolled round or enveloped cover cloth
If one doesnt brace oneself, the realization of what this snippet of information reveals could be mind-boggling

The cover cloth lying around has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus coming back

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Of course you couldnt help the sarcasm however zombies are fictional beings deep rooted in voodoo belief and/or other popular folklore popularised by Hollywood

The story teller was on point and doesnt need to hire Shakespeare
Shakespeare's got nothing on this nor on the story teller

They dont dont teach or explain things like these in the body of Christ
Why? Because its not a money making opportunity

Wish you understood the significance of the wrapped up, rolled round or enveloped cover cloth
If one doesnt brace oneself, the realization of what this snippet of information reveals could be mind-boggling

The cover cloth lying around has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus coming back

So where exactly can I find the Tomb? But with so many private jets flying around,I can imagine how it is not about money.
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 9:53am On Oct 17, 2015
ifeness:
So where exactly can I find the Tomb?
Why find the tomb?
The tomb is empty, He isn't here! He is risen from the dead!

ifeness:
But with so many private jets flying around, I can imagine how it is not about money.
How it is not about money? What's the meaning of this?
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 17, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Why find the tomb?
The tomb is empty, He isn't here! He is risen from the dead!

How it is not about money? What's the meaning of this?

If I don't find the Tomb,I wont believe the story.
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
ifeness:
If I don't find the Tomb,I wont believe the story.
Blessed is he, who, without finding the Tomb believes the story.
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Blessed is he, who, without finding the Tomb believes the story.

If claimed I paid some money into your bank account, won't you check you account balance or would you go shopping without being sure.
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
If claimed I paid some money into your bank account, won't you check you account balance or would you go shopping without being sure.
This is an easy question to answer, as the outcome of the answer is determined by the way in which we regard each other and how we've been behaving towards each other.

If the regard is high and the behaviour alright, of course, your word is bond,
faith and trust kicks in, so gladly, would go shopping without being sure

If the regard and behaviour is otherwise, there's need to check the account balance
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
This is an easy question to answer, as the outcome of the answer is determined by the way in which we regard each other and how we've been behaving towards each other.

If the regard is high and the behaviour alright, of course, your word is bond,
faith and trust kicks in, so gladly, would go shopping without being sure

If the regard and behaviour is otherwise, there's need to check the account balance

How has your god been behaving to you to make you trust it?
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
How has your god been behaving to you to make you trust it?
Whether it's acknowledged or not,
whether you care enough or dont care enough to admit it, if not controlled, everyone has a god of some sort, which behaves to them in a manner, enough for them to trust it

God, in this good relationship built on faith and trust behaves like a gentleman, and gave me power, love, sound mind and self-control.
Re: Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice....

(1) (Reply)

God / Rev Fr Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo At State House Abuja - Photos / Christian Nazi Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.