Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Gogowe Opens Up About Wild Childhood + Talks About Boys, Wizkid, And Beyonce - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gogowe Opens Up About Wild Childhood + Talks About Boys, Wizkid, And Beyonce (659 Views)

Tiwa Savage's 'transformer Skirt' Gives Teebillz Wild Thoughts / Kcee, Harrysong, Wizkid And Flavour In Throwback Photo / Wizkid And Yemi Alade Show Off Their 2016 Mtv Mama Awards [full Winners List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gogowe Opens Up About Wild Childhood + Talks About Boys, Wizkid, And Beyonce by officialnaija: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2015
One of my favorite Nigerian singers, Gogowe, you may not know her but she did one song called "I No Send". Anyway, she has been hyping this interview she did with www.jideokonjo.com since on her Twitter and now the part 1 of the interview is finally out.

Within the interview, she opens up about her childhood, influences, relationship status, and more.

Enjoy!

PART 1 : The Person

I am so excited to start this!

So, with the creation of this blog, one thing I wanted to prioritize was interviews and getting the opinions of Nigerians: from celebrities to the common Nigerian working in the office. Right now, I've actually done a couple of interviews with people from all works of life and I'm excited to show you all of them as time goes by....it's really good stuff.

In picking who my first guest would be, I wanted to pick someone that is still budding in the industry, and I decided to pick this young lady who I am IN LOVE with currently.

I recently got into her after hearing her song, I No Send, and I just knew I had to have a sit-down with her.

There are 3 parts to this month of Gogowe, and every Saturday over the next couple of weeks till the end of October, you would get a new edition of "A Month With Gogowe".

Without further ado, Part 1 of "A Month With Gogowé".

Hello Gogowe! Let me start by asking the expected first question: Who is Gogowe, and what does the Gogowe brand stand for, especially for people who may not really know you?

I’m a Nigerian musician; I sing, dance and play the piano. Gogowé basically embraces all things African, although of-course I have been influenced by the Western world.

How's your family life? How many brothers and sisters if any, and how can you describe your childhood? Did you and your siblings used to fight over remote? Which childhood games did you used to play? Let us know…

I love my family. I have two sisters and a brother; and growing up was so much fun. My younger sister and I were so so mischievous lol. I was so silly, that I invited friends to a fake party when I was 8. I don't need to tell you what my parents did to me that day. lol. My elder sister was more of the sane child in that house. My younger brother and I played the piano a lot. Oh, and of course we fought over remote. Who didn’t? Funnily enough, I didn't even really enjoy watch TV as a kid. I guess I was just fighting for “fighting’s” sake.

I remember playing ludo when I was younger, especially when my family went to the East during Christmas.

You're currently in school, how's that going? Where do you school, and what exactly are you studying? Do you plan on using your degree?

Yes I got my bachelor’s degree at Emory University; I studied Theater and Film/media. And i’m currently doing my masters in Film and Media Production at New York Film Academy, LA. It’s so so much fun, and yeah, I definitely plan on using these degrees because they’re all related to my music somehow. I will be able to shoot my own music videos in the near future by God’s grace.

From your music and music videos, we can see that Fela obviously influenced you, who else did you listen to growing up and out of those people, who inspired you besides Fela?

Apart from Fela, Beyonce was a huge influence. I also grew up listening to Celine Dion. I love South African choirs so so much—their harmonies, melodies, vocal inflections and all. They inspire me.

Okay to our current industry, who are you listening to right now? What song is currently playing on your iPod? Who is that person that is just doing it for you musically at the moment?

My playlist changes every five days, but i’ve had Wizkid’s “Joy” on repeat for like three days now … Ojuelegba too. I’ve been listening to “Joromi” by Sir Victor Uwaifo as well. I love me some old school music!

Let's talk boys. You are a very beautiful young lady and I'm sure that you have a couple of young men falling head over heels for you...is there any special somebody in your life? Or is your music keeping you warm right now? What's the situation?

Thanks for the compliment but I don’t see anyone falling head over heels o! lol. I don't want to be annoying and say “I’m married to my music” even if i’m so tempted to say that. Anyways here you go: There’s no “special somebody” in my life.

PART 2 | THE MUSIC : COMING NEXT SATURDAY

Editor's Source: http://www.jideokonjo.com/2015/10/a-month-with-gogowe-part-1-gogowe-person.html

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Zahra Buhari Stunned At An Event In Abuja Over The Weekend / Lupita Nyong'o Shows Off Toned Legs As She Arrives At Theatre In NYC / Joseph Yobo's Children Doing Something Nice (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.