Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! (3603 Views)

The Architecture Of Pre-colonial Africa - Photos / 7 Medieval African Kingdoms Everyone Should Know About / Full Animation Based On Pre-colonial/medieval Africa Is Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Here is just the intro to the animation which will be uploaded later tonight. This animation is based pre-colonial Africa. I'm not talking about the primal, tribal, primitive pre-colonial Africa that we see on TV. This animation will revolve around the powerful medieval and pre-colonial kingdoms and empires (primarily West Africa) including the Benin, Nri, Oyo, Asante, and more! It will be a recurring series encompassing many different cultures, historical events and heavy emphasis on Yoruba mythology. If you are interested, please show your support by subscribing. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWI238YsN6I

2 Likes

Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by AlPeter: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2015
AlPeter:
Lalasticlala

o_O?
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 17, 2015
Subscribed and liked.

This is actually awesome.

A few things I noticed from the map there: You placed Ketu and Oyo on the east of Benin (Ubini). They are actually west and northwest of Benin respectively. Timbuktu is also northwest of Benin...farther north than Oyo. But on the map in the video they appear to be northeast of Benin.

Minor errors that could be corrected in subsequent videos. Great job!

2 Likes

Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 9:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Radoillo:
Subscribed and liked.

This is actually awesome.

A few things I noticed from the map there: You placed Ketu and Oyo on the east of Benin (Ubini). They are actually west and northwest of Benin respectively. Timbuktu is also northwest of Benin...farther north than Oyo. But on the map in the video they appear to be northeast of Benin.

Minor errors that could be corrected in subsequent videos. Great job!

Thanks and yes I'm aware of the geographical variations. The map is not supposed to be accurate. For example Nbayini (The protagonist's home village) is a Swahili village even though it is in the Oyo empire. It takes place on a mythical continent known as Otiile which has parallels and differences to the real world. This is a trend that is followed in many other fantasy games, films, and animations.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2015
Kanoro:

Thanks and yes I'm aware of the geographical variations. The map is not supposed to be accurate. For example Nbayini (The protagonist's home village) is a Swahili village even though it is in the Oyo empire. It takes place on a mythical continent known as Otiile which has parallels and differences to the real world. This is a trend that is followed in many other fantasy games, films, and animations.

Ah, historical license. Okay then. Cool. smiley

1 Like

Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2015
Radoillo:

Ah, historical license. Okay then. Cool. smiley

Basically the coastline of Otiile has a different shape. West Africa curves outwards and has a large gulf. Otiile does not. With that said, It was impossible for me to put Benin to the east of Oyo without sacrificing it's coastline. I wanted Benin to have a coastline due to the fact that it has Eko.

1 Like

Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kanoro:

Basically the coastline of Otiile has a different shape. West Africa curves outwards and has a large gulf. Otiile does not. With that said, It was impossible for me to put Benin to the east of Oyo without sacrificing it's coastline. I wanted Benin to have a coastline due to the fact that it has Eko.

maybe you mean ouidah.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
you still placed benin in benin republic?
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
Wait, op you don't sound AA though.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:

maybe you mean ouidah.

What's Ouidah?
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:
you still placed benin in benin republic?

No... I this isn't in the actual continent of Africa and it's not supposed to match it geographically accurately. Also where don't I sound American?
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kanoro:

What's Ouidah?

obviously you know what Ouidah is, since you typed it with an upper case letter.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kanoro:

No... I this isn't in the actual continent of Africa and it's not supposed to match it geographically accurately. Also where don't I sound American?

"It has arrived" is typical Nigerian or African terminology.

It's not the actual African continent but you used African place names.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:

"It has arrived" is typical Nigerian or African terminology.

It's not the actual African continent but you used African place names.

Yes I did use real place names. Many popular games and films do the same thing. A mythical world with real world parallels and no I don't kow what Ouidah is. I capitalized it because you did. What reason would I have to pretend like I'm American? Also "it has arrived" doesn't particularly seem like a distinctly Nigerian thing. That's just me stating that it has arrived o_O.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
let's not play games.

"It has arrived" does not sound American, it's more likely to be used by a Nigerian or African.

ie English as a second language, not original one.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:
let's not play games.

"It has arrived" does not sound American, it's more likely to be used by a Nigerian or African.

ie English as a second language, not original one.

Umm... ok? I don't see how that indicates English is my second language. What motive would I have to pretend like I'm American? Where did you even hear my voice? If you are going off the voices in the animation then that's your problem. The actors are all Nigerian. Watch some of my older videos, they are all voiced by me except for one which is by my girlfriend (and she's British)
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
I'm not referring to your voice (I haven't watched the animation yet).

Sound here means the way you're typing.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Wulfruna(f): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
Great! smiley

When will you be uploading the first episode? Isn't it 'later tonight' yet? grin

[PS: The 'lady' trying to engage you in a back-and-forth is a legendary troll. You might want to save yourself the stress of typing back smiley ]
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:
I'm not referring to your voice (I haven't watched the animation yet).

Sound here means the way you're typing.

Well I don't think the statement "It has arrived" is the most accurate way of judging someone's nationality. Also according to that logic, I shouldn't even be here considering it's a "Nigerian" forum.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
Wulfruna:
Great! smiley

When will you be uploading the first episode? Isn't it 'later tonight' yet? grin

[PS: The 'lady' trying to engage you in a back-and-forth is a legendary troll. You might want to save yourself the stress of typing back smiley ]

Yep it was actually already up but I had some issues with the rendering so I'm reuploading. You can expect to see it up within the next 10-20 minutes hopefully smiley
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Wulfruna:
Great! smiley

Who are you sweetie.

.I really dislike when trolls call me a troll.

Have I ever interacted with you before ? Why the attack?
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:

Who are you sweetie.

.I really dislike when trolls call me a troll.

Have I ever interacted with you before ? Why the attack?

Geez... all this just because I upload a video promoting African history.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by tpiander: 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kanoro:

Geez... all this just because I upload a video promoting African history.

But you claimed it's fiction when I asked why the intentional errors.

Can you make up your mind?

You can also ask the other fellow why s/he is catching feelings although I just went through his/her posts and it seems natural to him/her.
Re: It Has Arrived! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! by Kanoro: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
tpiander:

But you claimed it's fiction when I asked why the intentional errors.

Can you make up your mind?

You can also ask the other fellow why s/he is catching feelings although I just went through his/her posts and it seems natural to him/her.

Because it is fiction. Many games and movies do the same thing. They take real cultural elements and historical events and incorporate them into a fictional setting. Take this for example. Every place on this map is based on a real place:

http://nintendokusou.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/gsmap3.jpg

Also to be honest I somewhat agree with her. You've done nothing but criticize me. You are criticizing my map and doubting that I'm American and you didn't even watch the video before doing either of those things. This post had one goal and one goal only, promoting my video.

(1) (Reply)

My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". / I Want To Perfect My Igbo / Sub-tribalism(clanship) In South-east Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.