Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed (5682 Views)

''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed / If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class (2) (3) (4)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by onismate: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2015
When I read comments of unemployed graduates, their plights and frustration in looking for a good job with reasonable pay to take home, its has not been easy for them and I so much feel their pains. Some family members who are even well to do will ignore you to your faith. They won’t even want to help you secure a job. Maybe they don’t want you to get to the level they are. They want you eating from their crumbs. They want you to kneel and still be begging them for small chicken change. Like this story my mom shared couple of days back. I lifted my soul and made me smile. For the unemployed, don’t think it’s over, it’s not. God is still in Heaven and miracle still happens. Here is the story my mom shared, it was about my eldest sister and how she got her job.
Couple of years back after my elder’s sister just finished her NYSC. Immediately she came back home, she doesn’t want to stay idea. There was this Anglican school that was recruiting teachers for their Nursery, primary and secondary school. And the head of this Anglican school is a man from my community. He’s a Phd Holder and not a close relation. This man is not only the head of the school; he is also the Chairman and director of all affairs (Business) concerning the Anglican Church and missionary school in the state and zone. This Dr. was versatile and well connected to the state Government. But there was one thing, my mom had vowed that as we are graduating from the university, non of us will go to any family member or relative for help on getting a job. This was due to what my 4 cousin had experienced in the hands of this Dr and some other well to do people and relatives of ours. My 4 cousins through their father who were jobless had one time gone to meet Dr. for Job and even in any of the Anglican schools. Na so Dr. go dey use them dey play Kaluu-Kaluu. This man can help them but he wouldn’t. He was well connected in the state. Even though he cant help them out in Anglican school, he could at least help them in Local Government council were he also occupies a high position. But he would rather go behind and be mocking my cousins and their father. He would be disgracing them. He would tell my uncle that his children didn’t come out with 2.1 and the job available is people with 2.1. And if another person that graduated with 2.1 finishes, my uncle would go and meet him again. Dr. go form another story; say na people wey get first class dem dey look for. Na so this Dr. do this thing so-teeeeee my uncle later diverted attention to one of the community member who was a commissioner in the state. Infact that one na Nigeria versus Niger match. Commissioner come dey play them like football. “Come today, come tomorrow” was the other of the day. After everything, still no job for my four cousins. Na so there papa come dey swear for all those top people wey no want help him children. All that was why my mom said she doesn’t want any of us to go through any relative or well to do community member. Even if say them manage help you, the whole world would know about it. Na so them go spread the news as John the Baptist spread the gospel.
So as the Anglican school was recruiting, my eldest sister who just returned from NYSC applied and was immediately called for interview. After the interview, she was keeping hope alive that she would be called for the job of a teacher.
Few days after the interview, my uncle visited us and was angry at my dad. He said that Dr. came to him and was like, “Shebi your brother (referring to my dad) said her daughter graduated with good results. But why did she fail the Anglican recruitment interview?” So my uncle who is the father to my 4 cousins was telling my dad that Dr. said that my elder sister failed the recruitment interview for Anglican school. And my dad had been bragging to them that her beloved daughter, my sister graduated with a sound result so why she come fail the interview nah. That thing come pain my papa ehh and my mom was inside the room listening to their conversation. My dad just stood up and went into the room. He asked my mom if there was any interview my sister went for. Because my dad wasn’t aware that my sister went for any interview. As the old man dey ask mumsy. Na so mumsy keep him quiet jare. The man waka leave their.
Chaiii, the thing pain my sister as them tell her wetin the Dr. talk. She never told any one she was going for the interview. She just applied on her own. So maybe the Dr. come see her name come go dey cast us. It amounted to mockery. Infact the school no get back to my sister after the interview. Na from Dr. mouth we hear say she fail interview. Actually, my beloved sister graduated with a very sound result. It really pained her because she desperately needed a job and na she come be first born. She cried ooh because it seemed as if Dr. mocked her. Indeed he was in charge and could do something. But rather, he dey commit mockery. My mom encouraged my sister as she cried.
The next day, my sister got a call from Abuja to come for an interview in a huge Government parastatals. My sister had earlier, 2 months before her POP saw an advert on a newspaper in that the Government organization was recruiting and applied.
My beloved sister travelled to Abuja for the interview. Days after the interview, my sister was called that among the thousands that applied for the job and Hundreds that undergone the interview, only two people were taken and she was one of the two. Na so my sister life change. After getting that Job, things never remained the same for her, even for the family sef. Even Dr. sef, one certain time he asked for my sister’s mobile number from my uncle. He said they were working on something and they wanted someone who was highly placed to help process it. “So na my sister dem come dey find.” She left were they would be paying her N15,000 per month to where they pay her ***…. “You know what I mean.” Chaiiii, Baba God you too much.
When I just look at her, the way she just they enter plane any how as her office dey send her on official mission. She don become big woman ooo that people wey dey mock pupsy then, chaiii, na respect dem dey give us now.
When I look back at all those things, I just say “Thank You Baba God.” And my mom has refused to change her opinion, she still insisted that none of his children would go through any family relative to get a job. Well, it has been working for her because all my siblings have all graduated and doing very fine. Me sef wey be last born, I don also graduate from university.
So I just want to encourage all the corpers, otondos, the ones that have passed out, the unemployed graduates. You feel belittled, people, family members who can had refused to help you secure a good job. But rather they mock you. Those who done waka and their shoes don bend with sweats gushing out of their body that they are looking for a job, jumping from one interview to another. Do not give up please. Your own time is here and now. Keep hope alive. Do not think of what people have told you. It could be negative or positive but please note that none of them is the author of your destiny. They can only talk, but only God can act.

http://hovabuzz.com/frontline/1043-inspiring-story-how-my-sister-got-a-good-job

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by onosprince(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Rukkydelta(f): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by chymystique(f): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2015
Your grammer made the story kinda uninspiring, boring and unapt to read. Its well.

Perserverance cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Swissheart(f): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2015
Toh.
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by DJEhimond(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:
Your grammer made the story kinda uninspiring, boring and unapt to read. Its well cool
But we got the message. Title alone is inspiring.

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by sben2308(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:
Your grammer made the story kinda uninspiring, boring and unapt to read. Its well cool

Madam wetin b ur name .Make we know say u go school abi.Nonsense na people like Una we go c say na college of education u go .U dis nonsense thing come nairaland to form nonsense ....Mtcheeew

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:
Your grammer made the story kinda uninspiring, boring and unapt to read. Its well.

Perserverance cool
Understanding lo matter....
"You may not reach your destination if you keep throwing stones at every dog that barks"

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2015
Congrats to your sister and to you OP remember according to what you wrote it was a job she applied for when she was still serving meaning she didn't even have the mindset to rely on dad or mum or anyone else.
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by onismate: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2015
Bubewilson:
Congrats to your sister and to you OP remember according to what you wrote it was a job she applied for when she was still serving meaning she didn't even have the mindset to rely on dad or mum or anyone else.
Indeed.
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Hhug
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
This story is too long and boring. undecided

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by ehix89(m): 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:

Perserverance cool
ewwwwww.....dats hw yhu just killed a potential blogstar's career even before it began,,,not coool o

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by GentleNaaz(m): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
Op, u r story murderer. Ur lexicon is entertaining, though, egregiously. I enjoyed perusing ur passage, despite d repetitive blunders...

NB: Dont even think of Quoting my comment.
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by menix(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thank God for ur sista ooo..

All this useless relatives we have.
Told my uncle about a coded recruitment nd he should help me out since he chats with Lagos state PDP chieftains wife who happen to head the agency, this man say make I go get concrete evidence say them dey recruit before he can help me speak with the Lady..

Abeg where I wan get that kind evidence wey the recruitment nah coded one..

Don't look up to any human for help but God..

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by donpisky: 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:

Perserverance cool

Critics like you don't have anything upstairs... shocked

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by ignis: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
The Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation are pathetic.

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by menix(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
ignis:

Professor..
Won't be surprise the dude's account balance is better off than urs yet u claim professor online..

@ op..
Ur grammar spiced it up jawe..

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by drss(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Op you are so on point. Me sef don vow say i no go ever ask for help from dem relatives. Na only mokery, pity, and jealousy dem sabi. Dem go look down on u sotey, u go think say poverty na ur parent. I will rather ask a total stranger for help than close relatives n extended family members.
lalasticlala! Come see something for hia.
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by ignis: 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
menix:

Professor..
Won't be surprise the dude's account balance is better off than urs yet u claim professor online..

@ op..
Ur grammar spiced it up jawe..
Mr Peacemaker please get the fvck off my mention.

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by drss(m): 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
ignis:
who cares about spellings Na grammer go take u go heaven? As long as d message is understood by dem majority landers, its a good article.

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by chymystique(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
The owner of the thread aint bothered about my previous comment and some are already carrying it on their shoulders like a burden. For those quoting me and saying rubbish... I Dont Give a Fvck and you guys can as well follow the man's direction in the pixs below. tongue

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Swissheart:
Toh.

What's the meaning of Toh? You must be a single late twenties Urhobo girl. Why cant u behave in a civil manner at least a civil guy might marry u?

Your behavior doesn't matter right? Dont worry when u are 40yrs old it will
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by slizylindy: 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
chymystique:

Perserverance cool

Can u just read and pick d msg and mayb bless God if u think it's worth it? I'm sure u will be lyk d "Dr." being referred to in the story

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by slizylindy: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
GentleNaaz:
Op, u r story murderer. Ur lexicon is entertaining, though, egregiously. I enjoyed perusing ur passage, despite d repetitive blunders...

NB: Dont even think of Quoting my comment.

[color=#006600][/color]

My dear, is it u r story murderer? Or u r a story murderer? #D perfect grammarian#
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by slizylindy: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
chymystique:
The owner of the thread aint bothered about my previous comment and some are already carrying it on their shoulders like a burden. For those quoting me and saying rubbish... I Dont Give a Fvck and you guys can as well follow the man's direction in the pixs below. tongue

The Op won't quote u, because u'r invisible to him. It's unfortunate though...
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Swissheart(f): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
F50:

What's the meaning of Toh? You must be a single late twenties Urhobo girl. Why cant u behave in a civil manner at least a civil guy might marry u?

Your behavior doesn't matter right? Dont worry when u are 40yrs old it will
...okay

Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Swissheart:
...okay

Irritating! Not annoying
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Swissheart:
...okay

Even the attached picture is an exact impression of you in my head, what a reality babe...you can be more appealing than this honestly. Time is not on any bodies side and neither on yours. Realise!!!
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Swissheart(f): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
F50:

Irritating! Not annoying
.....okay.
Re: This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed by Swissheart(f): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
F50:

Even the attached picture is an exact impression of you in my head, what a reality babe...you can be more appealing than this honestly. Time is not on any bodies side and neither on yours. Realise!!!
....Your point?

The First Batch Of 100,000 2017 Beneficiaries Should Have Received Their Stipend / Nigerianairforce Dss Is Out / How Do We Solve This Massive Unemployment Problem?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52