Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed (16408 Views)

Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / Why Most Of The Science/engineering Graduates Are Unemployed After Graduation? / If You Are Unemployed, I Think You Should Do This...IBADAN OR.South west only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by jtjohn(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Dear Nigerian Youth:

The toughest challenge employers are facing right now is where to locate 'the right' employees. We've been trying to hire three new staff for over a year. I've interviewed quite a ton of graduates of law, accounting and other social sciences. 99% of BSc Accounting holders are UNABLE to use Microsoft excel spreadsheets. The majority of law graduates could not write coherently, and have no legal research experience outside of their final year projects. One graduate of English/Literature has not read any book outside of the recommended texts in school. 99% of job seekers have no writing sample, no published product or past work that is independently verifiable. That means, Nigeria's biggest problem right now, isn't unemployment, but unemployability.

Sometimes, you meet a job seeker with a charming personality, and you try to stretch the rules a bit. You request for his/her Facebook profile to get a sense of his/her interests, passions and extracurricula engagements. You only find posts about sex, sex, sex, sex, boyfriends, girlfriends, crushes, and more sex. What a turn off! Well, I've got some news for you: You cannot sex your way to a prosperous future. You cannot Bleep your way to greatness. The CEOs of all Fortune500 companies have sex too. CEOs of the WB, IMF, UN, CBN, AfDB etc are all having sex too. The difference is that they spend their times productively, and regard sex as a purely private activity.

I just crossed the border control at Schipol Airport, self-service passport control machines have replaced hundreds of personnel that formerly handled that activity. I just stayed in multi-storey 5-star hotels where machines have replaced the need for human workforce. So, in the nearest future, if you have no talent, skill, or knowledge of comparable standard to these artificially-intelligent machines providing high-quality services, you'd be left behind. Far behind. Your prospects of breaking the shackles of poverty and joblessness will get thinner.

Please, invest in yourself. While waiting for that job, learn something new and hone your skills. Volunteer your services. Consider doing some unpaid work. Write more clearly. Read more. Reallocate the money you spend on expensive weaves and phones to prepare yourself for the future. That added value you bring can make you stand out from the crowd.
Copied:.

Think about it! Happy Sunday...

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by kayusre: 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
True tho#but still any spot in your organization?give me a trial#entry level

10 Likes

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by ademasta(m): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
I am available sir... A trial will convince you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by youngwarlocks: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2017
True Talk OP. but that is for those looking for Jobs out there, as far as I am concerned I don't think Dangote needs to know how to use excel. Our current president and state governors don't know shii abt excel, even the so called lecturers in school can hardly use excel.
Youths should go and think of what will bring them money.
I know a friend Ymodulus he doesn't need to be employed. he told me he can't sit in one office and follow procedures, today he is happy with himself.

If you think you can do it you are right, if you think you can't do it you are also right.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by telim: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2017
Alot of Nigerian youths have nothing to offer in the real sense, there future as being bleeped off by the society, the useless federal, state and private universities in Nigeria.
The university System in Nigeria is a scam, a total waste of time and resources. Our universities are non to celebrate incompetence, unemployment and poverty due to zero skill, increase cramming power, graduants with good grades that are of no use to themselves and the country.
There are plenty of jobs in Nigeria but we only have few Nigerians competent enough to handle the available jobs, this is why the country depends on the so called Indian and Lebanese expatriate.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by hakeem4(m): 7:01am On Jan 30, 2017
Most people in this generation hardly read or go and learn some skills

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by nony43(m): 7:01am On Jan 30, 2017
Nice post
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by coolestchris2: 7:02am On Jan 30, 2017
cryEmploy me nah,although na third class I get for civil engineering... from university of benin..
Even If nah 30k or 50k..I go collect

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 30, 2017
Abeg oh make una come oh! Bicycle from Daura done jam buhari to death oh. Buhari na suya he dey sell now for Coven 2

2 Likes

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Deicide: 7:03am On Jan 30, 2017
Now A days having a degree means nothing most of this company are looking for people with Masters and PhDs and a age range of 25 - 30... cheesy

1 Like

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Emmafrancis: 7:03am On Jan 30, 2017
Its yeah u right. But to even find volunteer jobs to gain experience is not even available. Please if you can help me with engineering internship job in port harcourt. please PM me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Chidexter(m): 7:03am On Jan 30, 2017
Yep, you're right Op. But even those with greater skills are still finding it hard to secure a job.
Yes, being versatile increases your chances of getting employed but sadly in this country it is not a guarantee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by shammah1(m): 7:04am On Jan 30, 2017
Thank God I'm self employed. I advise you all to be too

1 Like

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Chidexter(m): 7:05am On Jan 30, 2017
michael142:
Abeg oh make una come oh! Bicycle from Daura done jam buhari to death oh. Buhari na suya he dey sell now for Coven 2
Emmafrancis:
A president that cannot die for his country, is that one a
president?

Wetin Op dey talk and wetin u a dey yarn no rhyme at all. Maka why?

1 Like

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by otokx(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2017
Well said, its like there is a big market for finishing schools/centers where graduates can undergo a 3 weeks intensive course.
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Tunami(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2017
Hmm, words.
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by LordIsaac(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2017
Did you just say " you can't sex your way into the future?" I know you are not referring to most Nigerian girls....the system encourages them to maintain their current status of " having a bright future behind them." Still in doubt? Ask Miss Cucumber!

13 Likes

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Rexnegro(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2017
It's well
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:06am On Jan 30, 2017
Fact But #SelfEmployed lo sure ju

400k/month
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Ekakamba: 7:07am On Jan 30, 2017
It's well.

Check my signature.
grin
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:08am On Jan 30, 2017
grin
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by dingbang(m): 7:10am On Jan 30, 2017
Op please give me ur Facebook I'd...! I want check something!
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Etizz: 7:10am On Jan 30, 2017
the country is not helping matters......

they are ready to work but no job, everyone must not be an interprenurer...

2 Likes

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Benjom(m): 7:10am On Jan 30, 2017
Please, inform them.

In addition, every step of theirs ought to be in good order. Package yourself enviably and that starts from your CV. You may view some samples that'll certainly be of help to you here (observe the Layout and Content closely): www..com/cv-samples/

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Emmafrancis: 7:10am On Jan 30, 2017
Chidexter:

Wetin Op dey talk and wetin u a dey yarn no rhyme at all. Maka why?
Wetin concern you? Abeg farm for your own farm.
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Realdeals(m): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2017
In this era, some graduates still consider owning a laptop as luxury and not necessity. I have some friends during NYSC whom I advise to get laptops, they refused and lavish their allawes savings. I know what they are passing through now, that you can hardly secure a good job without adequate ICT knowledge is another challenge.

5 Likes

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by modelsms2: 7:13am On Jan 30, 2017
Hmmm, youths don suffer
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Chidexter(m): 7:14am On Jan 30, 2017
Emmafrancis:

Wetin concern you? Abeg farm for your own farm.

I no get land
Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 30, 2017
lol

i dey chop my binary. bleep ya all with your non existent jobs

1 Like

Re: ''why Nigeria Youth Are Unemployed by ZUBY77(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2017
Half University graduates in Nigeria and from Nigerian universities are blockheads.
A secondary school level graduate from China is way smarter than them from all angle
They are not entirely to be blamed, the education system has not improved a bit since the Northern military rogues took over Nigeria.
It's has been strike upon strike since then.
They build new schools everyday while abandoning the old ones.

The graduates show certificates that tell people they finished from so so school, what they actually learnt from the school never really mattered to them.

My younger sister, a graduate took my mother's money to do MMM. How she could not see the red flag amazes me still.
This is something an illiterate trader from Onitsha told me he never invested his one naira on, because he simply didn't see how a system that doubles your money without doing anything could last long.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NPOWER Physical Verification, What's The Status In Your Area / Common Reasons Why Most Job Seekers Never Get Invited For Interviews / Gtbank Apptitude Test On Friday 28 June 2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.