Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) (911 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry / Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
The pressure was mounting. I
almost quit school after writing my
finals. The project was just
frustrating and the pressure from
my supervisor was not helping. It
was one of the most intense
period of my stay on campus,
running up and down to get things
done. Calling lots of people to
help with the mathematical
simulation of my results data.
I was up one night, crying, moving
from one lecture theater to another
then finally went to the hostel and
put my head under a running tap
for like eternity. Later in the night,
I took a laptop, went into one of
the classes (architecture drawing
room) and watched AY LIVE
comedy all night. I was laughing
and chatting on whatsapp. When I
was done, I watched few movies
(can't remember the titles now).
Then, I listened to some upbeat
music and slept off around 5am.
I can't remember how I did it but
at the end of the day, I was using
Excel solver to program the
mathematical models. I had never
used Excel before and it was like
doing a break dance the first time
you tried walking.
A few weeks later, I went back to
campus to teach someone who
was doing a similar project.
At the beginning of my final year, I
was often out of classes. A friend
came up to me and said, "Dare,
you've been walking up and
down... What's up with you?".
"This motion is keeping my
sanity... Dunno what would happen
if I stopped walking.", I replied.
To see opportunities when others
see discomfort...to be calm under
pressure, I do one or a concoction
of the following.
1. Eat, sleep and play
These are the basics of life. 718
years ago when we were still in
the cave, the goal was to seek for
meats, cover and mates. Then
civilization came and it went, it
came several other times and this
cycle will soon leave.
To be calm under pressure,
disengage from the situation and
go and eat. Cook it yourself if you
can. Sleep over it and...
www.thedopeculture..com/2015/10/10-baby-steps-to-be-calm-under-pressure.html

1 Like

Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
No matter how badly someone talks to you or treats you, never drop down to their level. Remain calm, stay peaceful, and walk away.
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by Idydarling(f): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
nice one Dare, you've said it all

2 Likes

Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Idydarling:
nice one Dare, you've said it all
Thank you.
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 12:31am On Oct 22, 2015
No matter how much it hurts now, someday you will look back and realize your struggles changed your life for the better.
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
Obstacles are opportunities. Don't let them distract you.
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 4:30am On Oct 23, 2015
I'll rise up. I'll rise up high like the waves, I'll rise up in spite of the ache. Andra Day
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by doublex: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2015
very useful ty

1 Like

Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
doublex:
very useful ty
Great you find it useful.
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
It is refreshing, and salutary, to study the poise and quietness of Christ. His task and responsibility might well have driven a man out of his mind. But He was never in a hurry, never impressed by numbers, never a slave of the clock . .B. Phillips
Re: 10 Baby Steps To Be Calm Under Pressure In School (and At Work) by darejulius: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
At the end of the day, just know that God made you, so you can be your own individual, and don't let people give you that peer pressure. Wyclef Jean

(1) (Reply)

ESUT Sacks 153 Staff After 7 Months Without Payment / Empower Yourself To Become Self Employed Now / Kkkk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.