Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? (1281 Views)

40 Intelligent Social Advertisements That Take Creativity To A Whole New Level / Boring Threads Everywhere / Major Scam Threads That Have Rocked & Entertained Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
As usual I've come again with my highlight of nairaland frustrations. After the last complaint was made I've seen a reduction in "make money online" threads and thank whoever made that possible.

The issue today is random advertisements in threads. This annoyance has proven even more of a challenge to moderators than any other issue I've seen -- it's slowly becoming evident they're powerless to it. One can't enjoy reading opinions on a thread of why the sky is blue only to get inundated by pesky advertisers of free credit, herbal pills or even p e n i l e enlargement therapies. These adverts have no bound because even a thread on increasing one's IQ would always've a random "agricultural chickens for sale, very cheap" poster.

Please, these advertisements distract readers from the serious rapport of threads and as such should get checkmated. Whenever I see these adverts I liken them to street food hawkers distracting university professors discussing the ethical connotations of GM foods; see how distant those two concepts relate?

I recommend a full week ban to posters who advertise on threads as opposed to opening their own threads or following nairaland advertising protocols, maybe this will send a strong warning to defaulters.

1 Like

Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Charix I'll run you out of NL

Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Palmwinetapper:
Charix I'll run you out of NL
LOL. Displaying with every action how useless the average Nigerian woman is. I wonder what you've to offer a man.

1 Like

Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 12:04am On Jan 25, 2016
charix:

LOL. Displaying with every action how useless the average Nigerian woman is. I wonder what you've to offer a man.
I'm just acting like your mother
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 12:04am On Jan 25, 2016
charix:

I'm just acting like your mother wink
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 25, 2016
Palmwinetapper:
I'm just acting like your mother wink
Yes. We know you weren't brought up properly - you display it every time.

2 Likes

Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 12:17am On Jan 25, 2016
charix:

Yes. We know you weren't brought up properly - you display it every time.
can you leave me alone
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 25, 2016
Palmwinetapper:
can you leave me alone
Not really. You keep calling me back.
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 4:59am On Jan 25, 2016
charix:

Not really. You keep calling me back.
jobless folk
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 25, 2016
Palmwinetapper:
jobless folk
You're with a mirror, yes? I'm on my way to work. Enjoy doing nothing as usual.
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
charix:

You're with a mirror, yes? I'm on my way to work. Enjoy doing nothing as usual.
go den. Who actually cares toliet cleaner
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
Palmwinetapper:
go den. Who actually cares toliet cleaner
Even if I cleaned toilets for a living I'm still making myself useful. Who your selfies, bed-hopping and job-hopping don help?
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 1:37am On Jan 26, 2016
charix:

Even if I cleaned toilets for a living I'm still making myself useful. Who your selfies, bed-hopping and job-hopping don help?
can you just for one day stop insulting
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 26, 2016
Palmwinetapper:
can you just for one day stop insulting
Follow your own advice. It'd better your life.
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Palmwinetapper: 7:10am On Jan 26, 2016
charix:

Follow your own advice. It'd better your life.
oh wotever
Re: Random Advertisements In Threads. What's The Deal? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 14, 2016
After asking multiple questions in real life on the matter I've come to the realization spam advertisements are posted by human beings not automated bots. I was told the adverts are the people in question's livelihoods hence their determined motivation to sit behind a keyboard spam-posting their craft. Makes sense because from experience its well known hunger is the biggest motivator in life.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Iphone 5S Good Condition 16GB E-tmobile-orange / Pics: UNN Undergraduate Committs Suicide Over Money Gambling..... / *BEST ODD TEAM* 2-5 Odds Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.