Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card (2023 Views)

I Dialed This *559*40# On My Mtn Line And Got This. / Mtn Gave Me 2GB For 500 Naira / MTN Gave Me 5k For Updating My Info. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by parasyllabus(m): 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
I have been a faithful MTN subscriber for 10 years and I never had any other sim even when it's fashionable and sometimes necessary to have more than one sim card. I subscribed for this *142# 1500 option and I received SMS to confirm my subscription. Only to check my balance *142*1*3#, my account was 0 naira.

I called customer care line 180,i was told to wait for 24 hours that they have some issues with the plan. I waited, nothing again I called 180 again and after being put on hold for 20 minutes they can't give me concrete reason why I can't enjoy what I paid for.

Not to even talk about their android one 500 naira for 1gb Plan........ Which was all over the news, only to subscribe and find out that it's being suspended without proper dissemination of the information to the public. MTN fall my hand big time and have issued divorce papers for hurting me and my pocket.
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
parasyllabus:
I have been a faithful MTN subscriber for 10 years and I never had any other sim even when it's fashionable and sometimes necessary to have more than one sim card. I subscribed for this *142# 1500 option and I received SMS to confirm my subscription. Only to check my balance *142*1*3#, my account was 0 naira.

I called customer care line 180,i was told to wait for 24 hours that they have some issues with the plan. I waited, nothing again I called 180 again and after being put on hold for 20 minutes they can't give me concrete reason why I can't enjoy what I paid for.

Not to even talk about their android one 500 naira for 1gb Plan........ Which was all over the news, only to subscribe and find out that it's being suspended without proper dissemination of the information to the public. MTN fall my hand big time and have issued divorce papers for hurting me and my pocket.

Take heart. Just call them for a refund That's the best solution
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Whizpeter(m): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
If you break the sim, they won't notice that you left... So why the Fuse?

3 Likes

Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by mtndata(m): 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
parasyllabus:

Eeehya! Take heart bro.

MTN won't notice that someone left, it's just lyk removing a cup of water out of an ocean.

2 Likes

Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by ddjay: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
dey keep sending me rubbish sms begging me to register sim after they disconnected it.dey even sent same to some of my friends and family members begging me to come back but i won't.i have left mtn for life.i remember dos days of 2500 every month for mobile data,1500 for bis and nothing less than 2k on calls.they treated me like one mumu,wiped my main acc when i browse (complained till i gave up) one was about 930 while i had data.i called them all day when i had transfer issues,they conered me like a toy car....list is endless

1 Like

Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by shadrama(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
Keep it up bro, by the end of the year FG will give u an award for sim cad breaking contest

1 Like

Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by engrhorla(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
parasyllabus:

You mean you have never heard of the saying 'Use MTN at your own oeril' before?

Wake up man

1 Like

Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Tolzeal(m): 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Whizpeter:
If you break the sim, they won't notice that you left... So why the Fuse?

To your signature.
We could BING ..YAHOO search...wink

How're you.!!
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Whizpeter(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tolzeal:

To your signature. We could BING ..YAHOO search...wink

How're you.!!

Lol... cheesy
M just there...
U?
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
if u like break ten mtn sims, e no fit affect us, na the remaining customers go suffer am later on.
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
dats who dy are mtn...dy wuld rather cheat u dan u cheating dem.... but op u wuld have borrowed 500naira or more...before breaking the sim...
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by StarMogul(m): 12:25am On Oct 19, 2015
ddjay:
dey keep sending me rubbish sms begging me to register sim after they disconnected it.dey even sent same to some of my friends and family members begging me to come back but i won't.i have left mtn for life.i remember dos days of 2500 every month for mobile data,1500 for bis and nothing less than 2k on calls.they treated me like one mumu,wiped my main acc when i browse (complained till i gave up) one was about 930 while i had data.i called them all day when i had transfer issues,they conered me like a toy car....list is endless
PLEASE WHICH NETWORK DID U CHOOSE?,AM SERIOUSLY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS WITH THIS MY MTN LINE
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Deblow: 3:20am On Oct 19, 2015
Connect with them on fb and harass them thru a msg. Whenever I have issues with them, that's what I do and they have been responding with necessary corrections. Sorry bro, mtn is just an alternative to doing nothing. So useless a network!
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by ALISMILE(m): 6:45am On Oct 19, 2015
mtndata:

Eeehya! Take heart bro.

MTN won't notice that someone left, it's just lyk removing a cup of water out of an ocean.
that's not true bro cos me jus left too and I also made sure my wife drop her sim too!
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Youngpo413: 7:06am On Oct 19, 2015
Hmmm,MTN is still the best o if you use cautiously,I repeat "cautiously"...maybe its just me though.
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by ddjay: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2015
StarMogul:
PLEASE WHICH NETWORK DID U CHOOSE?,AM SERIOUSLY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS WITH THIS MY MTN LINE
i use airtel to make calls which is ok,glo internet is ok in my area
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by kene05(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2015
Mtn na d best and wld always remain the best jawe, we rip dem off wella, 2go mb, 7.5gb,bblited and countless freebies, the problem una dey get b say una b jjc, y on earth will u use ur main line for data, calls and oda miscellaneous, HEll no! My main line clocked 10yrs August, buh i do notin rather than receive calls and recharge dere, emptyhen wld always hunt u if u use same sim for data, calls and co, seeking for a refund from mtn is like absolute waste of time, Be smarter next time op!

1 Like

Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
parasyllabus:

y did u not port
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by StarMogul(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
ddjay:

i use airtel to make calls which is ok,glo internet is ok in my area
Glo is pretty nice.tanx
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by godunia(m): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
When we become victims of greed,we look for whom to blame.don't u no their normal code for loading bundle?for sometime now mtn has generously dished out airtime n data to their esteem customers, don't think other network won't head to NCC for fear of losing all their customers. Well lets be grateful,I lost 500 to the 500mb but I refused to blame anyone. U can drop their line, I can assure u that no network has been more generous,control your greed.
Re: How MTN Gave Me Good Reason To Break My MTN Sim Card by 9aiboard: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
How To Jailbreak IOS 9 On Your IPhone Or IPad Using Pangu 9 : Step-By-Step Process

see steps@ http://..com.ng/2015/10/how-to-jailbreak-ios-9-on-your-iphone.html

(1) (Reply)

My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care / I Think What I Did In The Past Is Haunting Me Back. / Reservation On Carlcareapp Makes Repair Easier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.