Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care (2021 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) / How Can I Speak With Airtel Customer Care? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
Terrible experience with Airtel customer care

I had 15003MB (15Gig) as at 08-02-16 on my android phone with number 08027788177 and was online at about 08:30 when the data connection suddenly went off.

Initially I thought it was the usual network fluctuation and felt it will be restored after some minutes as usual but waited to no avail. After some hours without solution, I restarted the phone with a view to resetting it but to no avail.

I called a friend whom I introduced to Airtel data bundle in my neighborhood and asked if he was connected to which he answered in the affirmative. I became more concerned after I inserted another Airtel SIM on my phone and it worked perfectly including the data connection.

At about 10:15, I decided to call Airtel customer care line to complain of the problem I was experiencing on my line. The customer care attendant guy that picked listened to my complaints, asked a few questions and claimed he ran a check on my line and that everything was fine. He gave me some information to be imputed in the username, password and APN section of my phone which I did immediately. He advised that I switched off my phone and put it on again and that all will be fine. I did as instructed immediately but the line still did not connect.

I took the torturous part of calling customer care again. The customer care attendant that attended to me this time took me through the same process and asked the same questions to which I provided answers. Then he said the application on which he could check my line was not available. He however promised to forward my case to some technical dept where they may need to work on my line. He promised that the line will be up soonest or within 17hours.

I was neither satisfied nor convinced with the 17 hour resolution timeline so the next morning, I went to Airtel shop located at Yakubu Gowon road in Kaduna. I waited in the queue for close to 2 hours and was attended to by one Titilayo. She asked for my android phone after I explained the problem to her. She fondled with the phone and even inserted my SIM in her phone to which it had the same problem.

After battling with it for several minutes and in what seemed like a resignation to fate, she took details of the line and promised to forward same to their technical dept.

After my visit to Airtel office at Yakubu Gowon road Kaduna I have called customer care several times yet the tale has been same: Software to be used to run a check on my line is down, I should call back later.

It’s now well over 30 hours since my line went off yet there are no signs that this case is been attended to, neither has any official reason been given for the strange disconnection as the customer care attendants I had spoken with seemed obviously helpless.
With over 15,000MB (15Gig) on my line 08027788177 and as someone who spends a minimum of N5,000 in the last 2 years on data monthly, I feel I deserve better treatment than what I am currently getting from Airtel.

If the “CHANGE” we desperately crave for in Nigeria is to see the light of day, our corporate organizations must learn NOT to take their customers for granted and regulatory agencies should be up and doing in mete-ing out sanctions to erring companies.

I hereby use this medium to appeal to Airtel to resolve this case as it seems it’s beyond the capability of their customer care team.
Thanks in anticipation.

Cc Lalasticala

I will appreciate if this can be moved to front page.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 10, 2016
Have you tried to re-registered your line? Something of such happened to my line and I was told to re-register my line and my line can't browse and have mb on it. So try reregistrating it may be it will work
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by yaqq: 8:06am On Feb 10, 2016
customer care knows little or nothing about their own netwrk n will end up tellinh u they av forwarded d case 2d technical dept! NNC should do more than jst fining them
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
2kaybiel:
Have you tried to re-registered your line? Something of such happened to my line and I was told to re-register my line and my line can't browse and have mb on it. So try reregistrating it may be it will work

To no avail. I just re-registered the sim again as advised yet am still not connected.
I have spoken to customer care several times yet no solution.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by OCTAVO: 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
I've experiencing the same thing on my Airtel line for about a month now. I can not browse.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 6:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Kewt:

I had 15003MB (15Gig) as at 08-02-16 on my android phone with number 08027788177 and was online at about 08:30 when the data connection suddenly went off.

Initially I thought it was the usual network fluctuation and felt it will be restored after some minutes as usual but waited to no avail. After some hours without solution, I restarted the phone with a view to resetting it but to no avail.

I called a friend whom I introduced to Airtel data bundle in my neighborhood and asked if he was connected to which he answered in the affirmative. I became more concerned after I inserted another Airtel SIM on my phone and it worked perfectly including the data connection.

At about 10:15, I decided to call Airtel customer care line to complain of the problem I was experiencing on my line. The customer care attendant guy that picked listened to my complaints, asked a few questions and claimed he ran a check on my line and that everything was fine. He gave me some information to be imputed in the username, password and APN section of my phone which I did immediately. He advised that I switched off my phone and put it on again and that all will be fine. I did as instructed immediately but the line still did not connect.

I took the torturous part of calling customer care again. The customer care attendant that attended to me this time took me through the same process and asked the same questions to which I provided answers. Then he said the application on which he could check my line was not available. He however promised to forward my case to some technical dept where they may need to work on my line. He promised that the line will be up soonest or within 17hours.

I was neither satisfied nor convinced with the 17 hour resolution timeline so the next morning, I went to Airtel shop located at Yakubu Gowon road in Kaduna. I waited in the queue for close to 2 hours and was attended to by one Titilayo. She asked for my android phone after I explained the problem to her. She fondled with the phone and even inserted my SIM in her phone to which it had the same problem.

After battling with it for several minutes and in what seemed like a resignation to fate, she took details of the line and promised to forward same to their technical dept.

After my visit to Airtel office at Yakubu Gowon road Kaduna I have called customer care several times yet the tale has been same: Software to be used to run a check on my line is down, I should call back later.

It’s now well over 30 hours since my line went off yet there are no signs that this case is been attended to, neither has any official reason been given for the strange disconnection as the customer care attendants I had spoken with seemed obviously helpless.
With over 15,000MB (15Gig) on my line 08027788177 and as someone who spends a minimum of N5,000 in the last 2 years on data monthly, I feel I deserve better treatment than what I am currently getting from Airtel.

If the “CHANGE” we desperately crave for in Nigeria is to see the light of day, our corporate organizations must learn NOT to take their customers for granted and regulatory agencies should be up and doing in mete-ing out sanctions to erring companies.

I hereby use this medium to appeal to Airtel to resolve this case as it seems it’s beyond the capability of their customer care team.
Thanks in anticipation.

Cc Lalasticala

I am still facing this problem. It's well over 7 days now. I have been calling customer service yet no solution in sight. With over 15gig on my line yet I have been disconnected from browsing unjustly.

Please how can I get this thread to front page?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by OCTAVO: 11:52am On Feb 16, 2016
Kewt:

I am still facing this problem. It's well over 7 days now. I have been calling customer service yet no solution in sight. With over 15gig on my line yet I have disconnected from browsing unjustly.

Please how can I get this thread to front page?
Contact me, let's try something.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by kingreign(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
Lalascticlala, seun et al. Homepage things
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
OCTAVO:

Contact me, let's try something.

I contacted Octavo and he recommended to transfer some MB to my line so that we can try it and see if the Internet connection will be restored.

He did transfer the MB but the said line 08027788177 has gone out of signal.

The case just keeps getting compounded by the day.

Now the sim has lost signal while other Airtel Sims around me receives signal.

Airtel this is just not fair..
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by kingreign(m): 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
Lalasticlala, seun cone to our aid
Ishilove, dyt, etc come see o!
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Denn(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Airtel is not a data friendly network.

I had to port to another major provider due to the data fraud from airtel.

Airtel wake up and attend to this customer's case.

When will you wake up? When we all port finish?

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by pafestula(m): 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Seun front page!
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 6:34am On Feb 17, 2016
Kewt:

Thanks in anticipation.

Cc Lalasticala

Today 17-02-16 is the 9th day with No solution in sight.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Chikebrain: 7:07am On Feb 17, 2016
Kewt:

Have you verified if Sim is properly registered (Try using it to call, if it'd go through).
Contact me lemme see if we could proffer a solution
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by 4peace(m): 8:34am On Feb 17, 2016
Kewt:

First you did not tell us how you got that 15gb data(what subscription is that).

Second why disturbing yourself here instead of you go to their office and continue making your case or tweet your problem to their handle on twitter.

Thirdly,i think we expect much from customer service center until i worked at a related service to that that i realized they are just like front desk officer or receptionist in an office.

I feel your pain, i left glo because of such in 2007.

I have you try Sim swap.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2016
Chikebrain:

Have you verified if Sim is properly registered (Try using it to call, if it'd go through).
Contact me lemme see if we could proffer a solution

SIM is properly registered. In the course of these issues, I have had to re-register it again AL to no avail.

Thanks.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Chikebrain: 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Kewt:

SIM is properly registered. In the course of these issues, I have had to re-register it again AL to no avail.

Thanks.
Mail me up on chike.louis@yahoo.com, we'd try to transfer the data into another sim
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
4peace:

First you did not tell us how you got that 15gb data(what subscription is that).

Second why disturbing yourself here instead of you go to their office and continue making your case or tweet your problem to their handle on twitter.

Thirdly,i think we expect much from customer service center until i worked at a related service to that that i realized they are just like front desk officer or receptionist in an office.

I feel your pain, i left glo because of such in 2007.

I have you try Sim swap.

Thanks. I got the current data by subscribing for the 4.5g data bundle at N3500. Before then I had some data in my previous bundle that was rolled over.

As per your advise that I should visit their office and continue to make my case known, I stated earlier that I went to their customer service centre at Yakubu Gowon Road, Kaduna, twice yet there was no solution. In every case of visit, you must join a long queue and it takes a minimum of 2hrs before you are attended to. Now I don't have such time to abandon my work and do that.

This issue lingering on for this long despite all efforts is a sad case of negligence and lack of commitment to work on the part of the Airtel guys.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
Are you looking for a good samaritan to replenish the amount you spent on the purchase of the data? undecided
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sept20:
Are you looking for a good samaritan to replenish the amount you spent on the purchase of the data? undecided

I am actually expecting Airtel to look into my plight and restore my line to its previous position where I can browse and connect to the Internet.

Thanks.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
Kewt:

Thanks in anticipation.

Cc Lalasticala

Today 18-02-16 makes it day 10 with No solution in sight.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by 4peace(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
Kewt:

Thanks. I got the current data by subscribing for the 4.5g data bundle at N3500. Before then I had some data in my previous bundle that was rolled over.

As per your advise that I should visit their office and continue to make my case known, I stated earlier that I went to their customer service centre at Yakubu Gowon Road, Kaduna, twice yet there was no solution. In every case of visit, you must join a long queue and it takes a minimum of 2hrs before you are attended to. Now I don't have such time to abandon my work and do that.

This issue lingering on for this long despite all efforts is a sad case of negligence and lack of commitment to work on the part of the Airtel guys.

try Sim swap then
Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Kewt: 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Case resolved.

Sim swap was done and data connection was restored.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Airtel Customer Care by Capableben(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2017
Kewt:
Case resolved.

Sim swap was done and data connection was restored.

Thanks.
Please Sir, help me out. i am suffering the same plight you suffered last year on this issue. i subscribed and after say 2hours of browsing, the network stopped connecting abruptly and and i can't access the internet even when my data is on. My data balance right now is over 800MB; i have called airtel customer agents for like 6 times and they couldn't resolve this issue.
Tell me about Sim swap, maybe thats what i should do. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Easy Method To Root Tecno Camon C8 With SP Flash Tool / Mtn Bbc Tethering / Reservation On Carlcareapp Makes Repair Easier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.