Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War (755 Views)

Ajimobi Visits Denmark Over Farmers/Fulani Herdsmen Clashes / Benue School Principal Constructs Cattle Ranch With Scraps (photos) / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by hotmas911(m): 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
One of the greatest threats to our agricultural prosperity and development as a nation is the uncontrolled activities of the Fulani herdsmen. And more dangerous is the government's attitude to this threat. Every industry has undergone a lot of changes and evolution over the centuries the only one that want to remain the same is cattle rearing business in Nigeria.
Government has laws, regulations and policies for different industries in the country the only one left unregulated is cattle rearing. I have been a victim of these herdsmen, I have suffered losses due to their wicked activities. I have heard and witnessed cases that all I could conclude is these are the most selfish, wicked and barbaric set of human beings in this country.
My conclusion is government must find ways to educate these people and force them to adjust and embrace the changes of the modern world. We need cattle rearer but in modern ways. Its time for these people (Fulanis) to start building ranches.
Re: Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by abduljabbar4(m): 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yes. If they take their cattle to ur farm you have the right to sieze 2 bulls from him.
Re: Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by Heamah: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Are these men causing problem at ogbomosho too?
Re: Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by Pavore9: 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Had run-ins with them way back in Enugu and Anambra states. Trying to talk to them is like talking to a deaf man. They should have their ranches up in the North and should have no business straying to the south, afterall over 70% of the country's landmass is in the North. People are moving into zero grazing and even installing TVs in their sheds and playing music for the listening pleasure of their cows as it helps them feel relaxed to produce more milk but these herdsmen are stuck to their old ways because of the impunity they are enjoying! angry

1 Like

Re: Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by Soloxam(m): 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Heamah:
Are these men causing problem at ogbomosho too?
They are every where. I was surprise seeing them causing avock in Asaba delta state........
Re: Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by Hallams(m): 6:36am On Oct 19, 2015
Well i cant blame d fulanis also because they have to feed there cattle but this people are moving to other part of the country because of desert encroachment and if government can contain this problem 90percent of the problem has been solved
Re: Government Must Make Cattle Ranch Law To Stop Farmers/fulani War by hotmas911(m): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2015
The only way forward is finding ways to educate the nomadic about ranch system

(1) (Reply)

I Am In Need Of An Experienced Person On Poultry Farming / Bean Sprout Cleaning Machine For Sale / Rubber Latex, Crumbs For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.