Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning (1217 Views)

When Ijaws Speak, Igbos Should Know When To Respectfully Keep Quiet / Igbo People Help Me Out With This Meaning / Igbos Should Be Warned Before Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by Raymondluv(m): 6:22am On Oct 19, 2015
Pls igbo people what is the meaning of nwere ndidi ?
Re: Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by olumide81(m): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2015
Be patience,calm down...
Re: Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
Have patience

1 Like

Re: Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by bigfrancis21: 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
Raymondluv:

Nwere (have) ndidi (patience) = have patience.

Ndidiamaka, an Igbo name, means patience is beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by Phut(f): 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
olumide81:
Be patience,calm down...
Re: Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by musicwriter(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
Raymondluv:

I believe you wanted to say "nwe ndidi" which could mean either calm down or be patient, or wait a little more, all depending on the context.

"Nwere ndidi" itself would be when you're referring to a subject having patient. Like; John is patient, which translates "John nwere ndidi".

But, "John nwe ndidi" would translate "John be patient" or "John calm down" or "John wait a little", as I said depending on the context. Hope you understand.

NB: I'm looking for native keyboards in Igbo language, Yoruba, Hausa, Urhobo, Bini, Efik, e.t.c. We're losing who we are as Africans due to "follow follow". I want to go back to writing in fluent Igbo language. Anyone with knowledge where I could get the keyboard should let me know.

I just discovered I've been fooled my western education.
Re: Pls The Igbos Should Help Me With This Meaning by Armaggedon: 9:52am On Oct 22, 2015
Raymondluv:
one needs tonal signs to interprete that.
Igbo is a tonal language

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Ancestral Numbering System Discovered In The Torah / Igbo Ladies Of Pre Colonial Nigeria L@@k / Igbo Cultural Clothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.