Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria (4271 Views)

Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) Fresh Job Recruitment (18 Positions) / N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Maximus85(m): 9:05am On Oct 20, 2015
I just received a mail from Addax Petroleum Nigeria. And I don't think its a scam. The problem is that I've been given two days to accept the offer and provide the following REQUIREMENTS

1. Photocopies of Academic Certificate.
2. HSE Competent 3 Certificates(HealthSafety and Environment).
3. 2 copies of Sized Photo Passport.
4. NEBOSH General Certificate OR Nebosh Cover Slip (National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health)

How do I get the HSE and NEBOSH certificates?

If you have any info please help. I have just today and tomorrow to respond to them.

Thanks.
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Philadelphia: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2015
Maximus85:
I just received a mail from Addax Petroleum Nigeria. And I don't think its a scam. The problem is that I've been given two days to accept the offer and provide the following REQUIREMENTS

4. NEBOSH General Certificate OR Nebosh Cover Slip (National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health)

If you have any info please help. I have just today and tomorrow to respond to them.

Thanks.

And you say it's not scam? Ok. Just continue but don't fail to open a new thread as soon as you get scammed o. And please, ensure you give us the full gist/ detail. We're waiting. undecided

#yimmu

12 Likes

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Maximus85(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2015
Philadelphia:

And you say it's not scam? Ok. Just continue but don't fail to open a new thread as soon as you get scammed o. And please, ensure you give us the full gist/ detail. We're waiting. undecided

#yimmu

Why are you saying this? I asked for help, I never said i was sure it wasn't a scam. I just called the number on the mail and I was given another number. I'm starting to doubt, but the moment I'm asked to pay 1kobo, I'm off it.

Thanks for commenting though.

1 Like

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by MacMaster01(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Maximus85:

Thanks.

it's scam, but if u have time you can play along

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Nichobabe(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2015
Did you apply for any job with them?

Did you attended any interview?

Have you been to their office?

Na so people dey get job offer?

And we still wonder why people get scammed

Continu

6 Likes

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by intuit(f): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2015
Don't think Addax is recruiting for now... Addax had to reduce their staffs recently cos they were unable to pay for their services... I just think you need to be careful....
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by jnizzle(m): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2015
I also got the same msg,tho I never applied, its not my line of work, plus am currenty nt job searching.......so obviously its a scam!!!
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Xvenus(f): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
These Fake Addax Recruiters Again?!!!!

Look let me gist you, if you did not apply or write a test or do an interview, there is no way a job will just fall from heaven into your laps. They did this to a friend of mine. The address they gave was in Finima, Bonny, Close to Shell. We decided to check them out and found out they were scammers. Once we said we were in Bonny at the given address and had all the documents they asked for; THEY STOPPED PICKING OUR CALL grin grin

If you check the site those guys use, it looks so original. Jobless Nigerians Jobbing others.

So once you have finished answering all those questions above and the answer is NO. My dear forget them oooh.

1 Like

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Philadelphia: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Maximus85:

Thanks.
Maximus85:

Why are you saying this? I asked for help, I never said i was sure it wasn't a scam. I just called the number on the mail and I was given another number. I'm starting to doubt, but the moment I'm asked to pay 1kobo, I'm off it.

Thanks for commenting though.

@The bolded..... So you were saying...... wink

1 Like

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Unibentested(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
It's Scam...Addax Petroleum just let go 95percent Consultants (contract staff) due to fallen oil price and royalties issues with NNPC....check the email address it was sent with...I bet my salary that it's not @addaxpetroleum.com, I know this cos I worked there for 3years plus am Uniben tested (the current headquarters of scam)....you will apply, write test, undergo phone interview or face to face interview, be called on phone before given any offer.

To answer your legit questions...
Nebosh is between 250k and 300k
HSE level 3 was 20k when I had mine in 2010...

Contact the (Benin, Owerri Or Lagos) boys that sent you that email, and they would ask you to pay for the certificates...A word is enough for the wise...

1 Like

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Maximus85(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Philadelphia:

@The bolded..... So you were saying...... wink

Pure English language Bro.

"I don't think it's a scam" is not a definitive statement. I never said I was sure it wasn't a scam.

All the same, but thanks for participating, I'm gonna go with the house.

I only felt pushCv might have pushed my cv to them. But with all what my fellow nairalanders have said..... I'm taking a bow.

Thanks yall. This is what our government has exposed us jobseekers to.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Realsufi: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
They are scammer, de believe that you may not have one of the certificate listed. U will be ask to pay, so de can assist you
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by tempest01(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
The first part of the scam is paying for the certificates...they will promise to give you the cert, or waive it for a fee.

If it happens you have the cert, the second part i think is paying for the inauguration package or paying for placement or something.

Don't fall a victim.

As someone rightly said, if you didnt go through the recruitment process, then dont bother reading such messages.

i did the addax recruitment aptitude test sometime back and i am sure i passed it...but there was no feedback whatsoever. seems they ran into problems that year and downsized a lot. it also seems a chinese company (sinopec i think) bought out their interests.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by ozy4christ(f): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Lol,i normally like this game,dear just play along with them smartly and when cash is been asked,tell them dat dey shld help u with it hahahahaha,trust me u wil like d movie
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Philadelphia: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
Maximus85:

Pure English language Bro.

"I don't think it's a scam" is not a definitive statement. I never said I was sure it wasn't a scam.

All the same, but thanks for participating, I'm gonna go with the house.

I only felt pushCv might have pushed my cv to them. But with all what my fellow nairalanders have said..... I'm taking a bow.

Thanks yall. This is what our government has exposed us jobseekers to.

Push CV does not push your cv. You push it yourself. Go through pushcv's page again and read their contents properly. "I don't think it was written in another language but in simple English." I just hope that statement was not "definitive".
undecided
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by duduade: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Addax wey dey on zero account balance. Retrenched their contract staff long time ago. . Even don proceed to the permanent ones...

Scammers oshi
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by aishalove: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
Maximus85:

Thanks.

this scam is stale na angry
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by jennex05(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Help Me: I Just Received A Job Offer From Addax Petroleum Nigeria by Dblaiz(f): 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
For your Addax Aptitude Test Pack, check this out, and thank me later...
https://myjobtests.com/test/addax-job-aptitude-test-prep-pack-ebook-online/?v=11aedd0e4327

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Recruitment For Security Officers And Taxi Drivers / Nationwide Recruitment At Eskimi / Administrative Staff College Of Nigeria(ascon) 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.