Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,930 members, 7,956,496 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... (26003 Views)

My Plantain Merchandise To Plantain Farming Life-experience(pains And Gains Ser / Plantain Slicing Machine For Making Plantain Chips / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by TheUnbeatable(m): 7:52am On Oct 22, 2015
God bless your hustle, my brother.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by noblefarm: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2015
dailynaijanews:

Where In Ilorin do you think one can buy cheap farmlands
There are acres of land available now for sale in moro local government area of ilorin.
15k/plot but there will b discount if u buying many. Jst 20minis drive from ilorin, good access road

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by cmoney22222: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2015
following

noblefarm:

There are acres of land available now for sale in moro local government area of ilorin.
15k/land but there will b discount if u buying many. Jst 20minis drive from ilorin, good access road
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
Homies....You Guys Shouldn't Be Offended, I Just Left The Farmlands...There Was No Browsing Network At All There...I Tried To Update The Thread When I Arrived There And Wanted The Update You Guys With Information Of How Things Would Be Going...I Will Try To Answer Everyone's Questions On Here By Quoting Individual's Posts...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
kevoh:
Interesting thread! Will see how this will pan out as it's part of my plans to get some savings into this agriculture of a thing. Bonne Chance djdoxxx!
Will Keep You Posted.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
hahn:

I sell human hair @ www.nimini.com.ng
Very Good...How's Business? Would Check Out Your Site Then...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
djdoxxx:
Very Good...How's Business? Would Check Out Your Site Then...

Could be better

Ok. Let me know what you think
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
GooseBaba:
See this sharp man..!!! My guy nothing do you. One thing is for certain.. Food can never go out of style.

When you say team, are those partners/investors or employees.. No mind me, na style style I wan use understand your navigational business arrangements.. Lol...
Baba Mi, Na Your Foot- Steps I Dey Follow Ooo... By Team, I Actually Meant Partners...Some Of Which I Have Never Met Before, We Got Connected By Intermediary-friends.....I Should Discuss More On This Because Of What Happened Back There In The Village...Would Give You Guys Plenty Of Advice Which I Gathered From Experiences From This Adventure.

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
plaetton:
More grease to your elbows ,comrade.

Pls keep us posted.
Thanks Boss...I Would Be Posting Pictures And Updates As Soon As I Am Done With Sales...A Friend And Myself Are Presently On Our Way To Lagos, We Would Be Awaiting The Trailer Which Is Bringing Down Our Goods...Meanwhile, Another Friend Of Ours Is Coming With The Trailer...We Would Have Been In The Trailer Together, But The Trailer Can Only Convey Two People Aside The Driver And The Driver's Boy...Stay Tuned...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
atuagbo:
Nice one
Thanks Man.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
menesheh:

grin

Bad man.

The only good question you could phantom out instantly is the profit magin.

My guy dgdoxxx, as johnydon22 insinuated, your niggaz park one corner dey observe waiting patiently for a call for account number after the whole sales.
Johnnydon22 Na Really Badt Guy!!! Mr Menesheh, Please Forward Your Account Number After Sales Tommorrow... cheesy
menesheh:

grin

Bad man.

The only good question you could phantom out instantly is the profit magin.

My guy dgdoxxx, as johnydon22 insinuated, your niggaz park one corner dey observe waiting patiently for a call for account number after the whole sales.
Johnnydon22 Na Really Badt Guy!!! Mr Menesheh, Please Forward Your Account Number After Sales Tommorrow...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
Idowu2828:
Good to hear, can I see ur bunches and is this ur 1st harvest?
Thanks Man...Would Upload Pictures Of Some Bunches...This Is My First Plantain Trip, Not Harvest...My Dad Is Actually Into It, But As You Know, Your Dad's Business Aint Yours!!! I Have Harvested For Him On His Farm In Ogun State, But I Am Yet To Go Into The Plantain Plantation Talkless Of Harvesting Mine...Talking About Agriculture In General And Plantain In Particular; I Am Well Versed By Tutorial, Skills And Inquisition. As For Me, Experience Is The Best Teacher, So I Would Take The Pain To Gather It From The Bottom To The Top...

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2015
cmoney22222:
@ djdoxxx can I contact you, I have been longing to go into this business for a long time and now is the time. I need some tutor and contacts. How do I go about it. I will wait your reply asap.
Sure You Can...My Contact Is On My Profile.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
heywhy4u:
Where in Ondo state are you?
I Have Left Ondo State.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by noblefarm: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
djdoxxx:
...I Will Try To Answer Everyone's Questions On Here By Quoting Individual's Posts...

Well done bros, wish u success as u market ur goods. U never said anything abt my reply
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by menesheh(m): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
djdoxxx:
Johnnydon22 Na Really Badt Guy!!! Mr Menesheh, Please Forward Your Account Number After Sales Tommorrow... cheesy Johnnydon22 Na Really Badt Guy!!! Mr Menesheh, Please Forward Your Account Number After Sales Tommorrow...

really.

will soon do that wink
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
noblefarm:

Jst entering agric biz. Presently we have Maize, soyabeans, nd cassava. We into fishing nd cucumber too. We just acquired 200plot of land in ilorin here, still contemplating whether to do plantain there or continue with crops n vegetables.
Good One Here Bro...I Am Into The Processing Of All Three Food Items You Mentioned( Maize, Soybeans And Cassava) Into Various Processed Food Items Like Custard, Semolina, Industrial Edible Starch, Soymilk; To Mention A Few...For The Plantain Farming You Wanna Embark On, It Would Be Cost Effective If You Rent Your Acres Of Land Rather Than Buy Them For Now...Do You Have An Idea Of The Price Of Plantain Bunches And Dozens In Ilorin? You May Want To Continue On Vegetables And Fruits Because Of The Short Duration Of Harvest, But I Would Also Advice You Grow Plantain Too Since You Have Got Over 30 Acres...Just Set Aside 5-10 Acres Out For Plantain. I Will Give A Valid Information About The Cost Of Set-up Soon Here.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
400billionman:
Good effort..
Thanks Bro.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
TheUnbeatable:
God bless your hustle, my brother.
Thanks Bro
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2015
hahn:

Could be better
Ok. Let me know what you think
Alright Bro!
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2015
menesheh:

really.

will soon do that wink
What Is Menesheh Into?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:07am On Oct 23, 2015
I Just Arrived The Market In Lagos State Now...The Market Is At Okokomaiko...Presently, Our Plantain Truck Is At Osun State...Two Of Us Will Be Waiting For The Truck To Arrive Which We Have Assumed Would Reach Here By 2.a.m. We Have Been Given A Place To Lay By Our Plantain Seller ( Olobe). So We May Quietly Be Sleep - Waking Till Our Goods Come Over.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by alakara(m): 12:21am On Oct 23, 2015
God bless ur hustle.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by icekream(m): 12:37am On Oct 23, 2015
God bless this hustle bro... Amma join u guys soon sha...btw, wch plants are advisable to start with? And the bro that said land is N15,000 in moro, noblefarm, can we link up?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:44am On Oct 23, 2015
I Promised To Give And Estimate Our Cost Market Analysis Here Before The Trip.The Total Of #175,000 Was Budgeted On This Trip... This Is The Break Down Of Our Expenses On Paper Before Purchase Of The Goods...Cost Of Plantain Per Dozens - #4000... Cost Of J5 Bus To Transport Goods To Lagos #40,000... There Are Two Types Of J5 Buses...One Is Called The 'Doro' While The Other Is Called 'Lafuta' ( Atleast That's How The Hausa Drivers Call It)...The Lafuta Is Bigger Than The Doro And Can Contain 40-45 Dozens Of Plantain Depending On The Sizes Of Your Plantain Bunches, While The Doro Would Contain 30-33 Dozens Respectively...We Initially Had Plans On Buying 30 Dozens At #4,000 To Give #120,000...Cost Of Interstate Road Tax- #5,000...Loader - #2,000...Offloader- #2,000...Miscellaneous - #6,000...Total Expenditure -#175,000...Sales Per Dozen In Lagos Between #7000-#9000...Selling At An Average Price Of #8,000; We Should Have 8,000 * 30 Dozens = #240,000...Profit - #240,000 - #175,000 =#65,000...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:49am On Oct 23, 2015
alakara:
God bless ur hustle.
Thanks Bro.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 1:01am On Oct 23, 2015
icekream:
God bless this hustle bro... Amma join u guys soon sha...btw, wch plants are advisable to start with? And the bro that said land is N15,000 in moro, noblefarm, can we link up?
I Would Advice Maize / Cassava And Plantain...They Are Just The Best...It Takes Just 3 Months To Harvest Maize, While It Takes 10 Months To Harvest Plantain...You Can Harvest Your Maize Thrice And Get Cashed Up While Waiting For Your Harvest Of Plantain Which Is The Real Deal.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by icekream(m): 6:28am On Oct 23, 2015
djdoxxx:
I Would Advice Maize / Cassava And Plantain...They Are Just The Best...
I,m. Still a student
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2015
icekream:

I,m. Still a student
Being A Student Doesn't Hinder You From Doing Business...I Wished I Was Into One When I Was In School... Businesses You Can Engage In As A Student Are Importation And House-hold Productions. I Am Very Much Into Both.I Would Open Separate Threads On Both When I Am Done With This...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by noblefarm: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2015
icekream:

08077774003 call/whatsapp
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by noblefarm: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2015
djdoxxx:
Good One Here Bro...I Am Into The Processing Of All Three Food Items You Mentioned( Maize, Soybeans And Cassava) Into Various Processed Food Items Like Custard, Semolina, Industrial Edible Starch, Soymilk; To Mention A Few...For The Plantain Farming You Wanna Embark On, It Would Be Cost Effective If You Rent Your Acres Of Land Rather Than Buy Them For Now...Do You Have An Idea Of The Price Of Plantain Bunches And Dozens In Ilorin? You May Want To Continue On Vegetables And Fruits Because Of The Short Duration Of Harvest, But I Would Also Advice You Grow Plantain Too Since You Have Got Over 30 Acres...Just Set Aside 5-10 Acres Out For Plantain. I Will Give A Valid Information About The Cost Of Set-up Soon Here.

Thanks Bro. I have cassava but can't sell cos the price is so ridiculous here, wanna use it for garri, I no wanna go cassava again. I'll follow ur advice to do plantain, I for do plantain in all the land but my problem is d market. Pls can talk? 08077774003 call/whatsapp
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2015
***** Real Life Experiences ***** Remember A Partner Of Mine And I Left For Okokomaiko Market Before The Trailer Left The Farm, We Consolidated Our Goods With Another Merchant Who Is To First Off-load His Goods In Ketu Market And Then The Driver Is To Bring Our Goods Down To Okokomaiko Market...The Whole Arrangement Is Such That The Trailer Would Arrive Okokomaiko Market Before 3.a.m, Then Get Our Goods Fully Offloaded Before 5.a.m...But As It Is Now, The Trailer Got To Ketu Market past 5.a.m, they had to offload the other merchant's goods there first before which took about an hour...Now, Considering The Traffic Congestion And Time The Trailer Would Use To Get To Okokomaiko Market From Ketu Market, We Considered They Offload Our Goods There In Ketu...My Partner And I Would Be Thenceforth Be Joining Them At Ketu To Sell The Produce....How About This For Just One Of Business' Unforseen Contigencies...Hun

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Hosts Chris Tucker At His Ota Farm (2011 Video) / How To Create Snail Housing In Simple Steps / Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.