Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,477 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... (25059 Views)

My Plantain Merchandise To Plantain Farming Life-experience(pains And Gains Ser / Plantain Slicing Machine For Making Plantain Chips / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by GooseBaba: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Yea...Had The Busiest Day Of My Life...Never Been So Busy For Money My Entire Life Before!!! You Can Call Me Now...

Lol..... grin grin grin...that means the hustle is real...

Work hard, play harder.... cheesy
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
gabbyalonzo:
give us some pictures please u just come here doing all the talking seeing is believing
Do I Sound Like I Give A Rat-ass About Uploading Pictures? Whoever Doesn't Want To Believe Anything I Write Here Because I Didnt Upload Pictures Can Chose To Leave The Thread And Believe Those That Upload Pictures Of Goods They Didn't Buy...I Am Trying To Make Sure I Break Even Here At Ketu Market, And Some Lazy-ass Folk Who Doesn't Want To Take Any Risk At All Is Talking Upload Pictures...Dont You Think Uploading Pictures Is Too Little For You To Believe, Why Not Come Down To Ketu Market, Give Me A Call, And Meet Me Like 3 Nairalanders Did Already. One Of Dem Who Is A Female Bought 2 Dozens & I Already Thought Her Hw 2 Process Them To Start Her Plantain Flour Business.So, As U Can See, I Care Less About What People Like You Think.I Dont Know How Uploading Pictures On Nairaland Would Make Me Sell The Remaining Of My Goods. Try Also To Educate Us Here On Any Skill U've Gat.

10 Likes

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
haffaze777:

like how many acres will u need
Thinking Of Starting Gradually...One Or Two Acres Would Do.

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by haffaze777(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Thinking Of Starting Gradually...One Or Two Acres Would Do.

ok I will work on it n get back to u,add me on Whatsapp 08075740441,don't mention dis comment cos I will edit it to eraze dah number
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
hahn:

Thanks for checking it out. Yes, I designed the website myself and it's originally an e-commerce website but I added a blog to it so that customers cam have stuff to read about. Just like when you go to an shop and pick up a magazine.

I'm registered on all the programs and you can pick any one of them to register aside from the first one "paidverts" because they are having restructrural issues at the moment.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm planning on adding more products to the website and I'm currently working on something with one young fella. Not sure if he's a nairalander though but we met online. As time goes, I'll definitely add more stuff whenever necessary.
Okay, Very Great...I Have A Blog Already But I Am Yet To Do Anything On It As I Am Thinking Of Combining It With A Networking...That Is, I Would Be Building A Networking Site And Then Linking It Up With My Blog Site To Sell Ebooks And Products...Can You Design A Network Referral Site?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Okay, Very Great...I Have A Blog Already But I Am Yet To Do Anything On It As I Am Thinking Of Combining It With A Networking...That Is, I Would Be Building A Networking Site And Then Linking It Up With My Blog Site To Sell Ebooks And Products...Can You Design A Network Referral Site?

Yes I can. What exactly do you have in mind?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
GooseBaba:

Lol..... grin grin grin...that means the hustle is real...

Work hard, play harder.... cheesy
Baba, It Hasn't Been Really Easy Ooo...We Are Left With 18 Dozens Of Plantain Bunches.U Need 2 See D Ridiculous Prices Lagosians R Pricing Each Dozens.Some Of Them Come Here To Price For 1k5, 2k, 3k etc.D Good Thing Is We Have Been Able 2 Make Two-Third Of Our Capital & Selling D Remaining Plantain At A Give-away Price Will Bring To Us D Remaining Of Our Capital And Little Profit Of Just #20,000 As Compared To D Over #150,000 Profit We Thought We Could Generate...I Personally Have Learnt Alot From This Adventure.Seen & Learnt Our Mistakes, Learnt Also That D Only And Best Way 2 Be A Successful Merchant In Plantain Business, & Ofcourse Any Other Agricultural Businesses Is 2 B D Producer Of Such Goods.That Is Being D Farmer Of Your Produce Yourself.Dont Get Me Wrong,You Can B A Successful Merchants Without Being A Farmer,but It Comes With Strategies Which I Av Learnt Already.

7 Likes

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
hahn:

Yes I can. What exactly do you have in mind?
Thats Good...A Networking Referral Site Where A Subscriber Would Pay And Get Access To Informational Ebooks And Would Also Get Paid In Return By Refferring People Too Into The Network...Can You Give Me A Tutorial On How To Build Such?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Thats Good...A Networking Referral Site Where A Subscriber Would Pay And Get Access To Informational Ebooks And Would Also Get Paid In Return By Refferring People Too Into The Network...Can You Give Me A Tutorial On How To Build Such?

And I was here hoping I'd be able to bill you to build it grin
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
hahn:

And I was here hoping I'd be able to bill you to build it grin
Lol...Bad Sharp Guy...How Much Then?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Lol...Bad Sharp Guy...How Much Then?

Send an email to soh.8686@yahoo.com with specific features you want on the site and i'll send you a quotation.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Baba, It Hasn't Been Really Easy Ooo...We Are Left With 18 Dozens Of Plantain Bunches.U Need 2 See D Ridiculous Prices Lagosians R Pricing Each Dozens.Some Of Them Come Here To Price For 1k5, 2k, 3k etc.D Good Thing Is We Have Been Able 2 Make Two-Third Of Our Capital & Selling D Remaining Plantain At A Give-away Price Will Bring To Us D Remaining Of Our Capital And Little Profit Of Just #20,000 As Compared To D Over #150,000 Profit We Thought We Could Generate...I Personally Have Learnt Alot From This Adventure.Seen & Learnt Our Mistakes, Learnt Also That D Only And Best Way 2 Be A Successful Merchant In Plantain Business, & Ofcourse Any Other Agricultural Businesses Is 2 B D Producer Of Such Goods.That Is Being D Farmer Of Your Produce Yourself.Dont Get Me Wrong,You Can B A Successful Merchants Without Being A Farmer,but It Comes With Strategies Which I Av Learnt Already.
I Will Be Dropping Lessons, Mistakes,Strategies & Corrections That I Have Learnt Soon.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
hahn:

Send an email to soh.8686@yahoo.com with specific features you want on the site and i'll send you a quotation.

Ok Then...I Will Need To Finish Here Then...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by hahn(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
Ok Then...I Will Need To Finish Here Then...

OK
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by GooseBaba: 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
djdoxxx:

Thanks for sharing.....

Starting a business or running one is always complicated. The market always determines your plus or minus.

Anyhow sha, you know there will be more liability/work to be done when you invest in primary farming. What are your concerns in regards to consistency..?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by prettmum(f): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
I love this thread, I'm following cos I would like to begin plantain business next year... Please DJDOXX enlighten me more on the dos and don't cos I have acre and hectare of lands wasting in my village Abia state..... Thanks and God bless your hustle.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
GooseBaba:

Thanks for sharing.....

Starting a business or running one is always complicated. The market always determines your plus or minus.

Anyhow sha, you know there will be more liability/work to be done when you invest in primary farming. What are your concerns in regards to consistency..?

You Are Very Correct About Mr Market...The Only Way To Succeed In Any Business Is Understanding Mr Market...Putting Into Consideration And Preparing For The Worst Occurences...These Worst Occurences Shouldn't Be Mistakened To Be Unforseen Contigencies...Some Kinda Worst Occurences Include ' Drop In Quality Of Produce, Price Instability, Price Fall, Decrease In Demand, Increase In Supplies By Fellow Competitors Etc'... I For Sure Know There Will Be More Work/Liability When It Comes To Physical Farming, And I Am Most Delightful I Am More Eager To Go Into It Following My First Plantain Merchandize. It Has Helped Me Prepare For The Worst Of Occurences...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
GooseBaba:

Thanks for sharing.....

As Regards Consistency, Plantain Farming Is Never Something To Just Jump Into Because You Hear It Is Profitable...Just Like Every Business, It Has Its Own Risks Too...The Only Reason One Should Go Into Plantain Farming And Any Other Business Should And Must Only Be That 'They Love Doing Such Business Through Thick And Thin' And Also That ' They Know The Rudiments In Such Businesses'....I Love Farming, I Would Forever Stick To Farming And Processing All My Life, That Alone Should Make Me Consistent...What Businesses Are You Into Goosebaba?

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
prettmum:
I love this thread, I'm following cos I would like to begin plantain business next year... Please DJDOXX enlighten me more on the dos and don't cos I have acre and hectare of lands wasting in my village Abia state..... Thanks and God bless your hustle.
I Would Love To Help...I Would Do Justice To Your Questions And Enlighten You And The Whole House On It Soon. All I Can Advise For Now Is That You Should Be Like Nike -'Just Do It'...You Won't Regret It...But Make Sure You Learn Alot From Practical Farmers And Practical Merchants Than You Would Learn From Online Farmers/Online Merchants...The Online Ones Can Deceive!!!
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hey, give us benefit of doubt we need pictures look at wat lesguniageria, wold1, jethro r doing de enlighten pple along side with pictures u come here and u r doing talking we need proof.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by GooseBaba: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
djdoxxx:
As Regards Consistency, Plantain Farming Is Never Something To Just Jump Into Because You Hear It Is Profitable...Just Like Every Business, It Has Its Own Risks Too...The Only Reason One Should Go Into Plantain Farming And Any Other Business Should And Must Only Be That 'They Love Doing Such Business Through Thick And Thin' And Also That ' They Know The Rudiments In Such Businesses'....I Love Farming, I Would Forever Stick To Farming And Processing All My Life, That Alone Should Make Me Consistent...What Businesses Are You Into Goosebaba?

I'm in the financial sector. So most of my investment or business pursuit are always in that area. From having partners in commercial properties long term. Small import and export in african textile. Anywhere belle face investment as long as he get better profit margin and less hassle.

However, I've been thinking about rearing of small livestocks like goats, rams and rabbits..this business is capital intensive but it needs less electricity which is one of the killers of small business in Nigeria.

Also, from a literary perspective. Cartoons or comics that depicts african heroes. Ghostofsparta has something like that in the works..
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
djdoxxx:
What Do You Mean By Outright Purchase And State Your Price.
Land for plantain cannot be leased but buy because it last for so many years.
@70k/acre
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Gadgetmobil(m): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

@70k/acre

@The Boss
You can actually lease a Plantain land for plantation, but as Plantain is a perennial crop it is highly unadvisable.

Hope all is going well Sir. Should give you a call soonest.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 26, 2015
djdoxxx:
It Depends... One Is Sure To Make Profit...There Are Various Ways Of Getting Involved In The Business...The Best Ways Are 1) Having Acres / Hectares Of Land To Cultivate Plantain And Sell After Cultivation (2) Buying From Villages, Transorting Them To The Markets In Big Cities Like Abuja, Lagos, Portharcourt, Bayelsa Etc ( Where They Are Expensive) And Re-selling Them There.... The First One Is Capital Intensive While The Other Is Not...The ROI ( Return On Investment) Is Far Above 200% ...I Have Taken Much Feasibility Studies In This Area And My Dad Is Also A Plantain Farmer And Processor...He Processes His Own Into Plantain Flour In Ogun State...I Will Talk Better On This Aspect Pretty Much Later As I Would Be Delving Into The Processing Very Soon...This Is Going To Be My First Trip Though, And I Shall Be Updating You Guys With The Challenges, Results And Success Of The Trip...

GOOD ONE

Ise Aje
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:53am On Oct 26, 2015
Gadgetmobil:

@The Boss
You can actually lease a Plantain land for plantation, but as Plantain is a perennial crop it is highly unadvisable.

Hope all is going well Sir. Should give you a call soonest.
You are right.all is going well
Will be expecting
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
GooseBaba:

I'm in the financial sector. So most of my investment or business pursuit are always in that area. From having partners in commercial properties long term. Small import and export in african textile. Anywhere belle face investment as long as he get better profit margin and less hassle.

However, I've been thinking about rearing of small livestocks like goats, rams and rabbits..this business is capital intensive but it needs less electricity which is one of the killers of small business in Nigeria.

Also, from a literary perspective. Cartoons or comics that depicts african heroes. Ghostofsparta has something like that in the works..
You Are A Business Tycoon Ooo... Anywhere Belle-face Business Tycoon...Thats Exactly What I Am Too...As For The Exportation, Can You Help With Exportation Of Agricultural And Processed/Packaged Goods? ...You Are Very Correct About Electricity Killing Businesses And Your Choice Of Businesses Are Very Cool.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
GooseBaba:

A Business Partner Of Mine Just Told Me The Sales Of One Big Matured Goat Go For #12k-#14k At Idiroko...The Price We Would Get It In The Village Of Purchase Is Between #5k-#6k...Dont Know How Valid He Is With The Price At Idiroko, But I Have Confirmed The Price Of That Of The Village. Would Holla You When I Get More Info.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

@70k/acre
I Actually Know Alot Of People That Rented Their Lands For Plantain Farming; My Dad Inclusive And They've Had No Land Issue Or Dispute Since The Inception Of Their Farming...I Dont Think Buying Of Lands Is Advisable For Intending Farmers Trying To Manage Their Capital...With Just #400,000, Anybody With The Right Education On Plantain Farming Can Begin Farming On 1 Acre.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

@70k/acre
70k/acre Aint Bad Either...For Now, I May Have To Rent Mine For The First Harvest Season Before Buying.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by GooseBaba: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
djdoxxx:
You Are A Business Tycoon Ooo... Anywhere Belle-face Business Tycoon...Thats Exactly What I Am Too...As For The Exportation, Can You Help With Exportation Of Agricultural And Processed/Packaged Goods? ...You Are Very Correct About Electricity Killing Businesses And Your Choice Of Businesses Are Very Cool.

Lol @Tycoon.... grin

In terms of exportation of processed goods. A Bros, of mine has a warehouse in Maryland In the US. I don't know if he is into distribution. However, Most of the african processed foods I see around from garri, pounded yam, Plantain fufu, palm oil, beans etc are covered by 3 major players Ola ola, Nina and another Ghanian company.

What type of processed goods do you have in mind and size of packaging..? I'm looking into dried goat, ram or rabbit meats in thin layer. Something for snacking.. Packaging things, che you get.. grin

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by GooseBaba: 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
djdoxxx:
A Business Partner Of Mine Just Told Me The Sales Of One Big Matured Goat Go For #12k-#14k At Idiroko...The Price We Would Get It In The Village Of Purchase Is Between #5k-#6k...Dont Know How Valid He Is With The Price At Idiroko, But I Have Confirmed The Price Of That Of The Village. Would Holla You When I Get More Info.

You be real sharp guy.... grin..

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Harjibode:

GOOD ONE
Ise Aje
Ese Sir!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Quality Galvanize Movable Fish Ponds / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures / What Would It Cost Me To Raise 500 Broilers To Maturity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.